What Happens When the Domination and Nemesis Leagues End?

"
FoMante wrote:
I love the idea of a Self Found hardcore League. I would play the shit out of that.

+1 couldn't agree more
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
"
FoMante wrote:
I love the idea of a Self Found hardcore League. I would play the shit out of that.

Game is intended for players having to trade, that's why you can't expect to drop or craft anything. Gotta trade. Gotta have stash tabs to trade. Stash tabs is what keeps the game alive

= no SFL.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Feb 17, 2014, 6:08:21 AM
Yawn, just woke up from my 3 month wintersleep (read: PoE break / quit).

Doing the 1 week now because, well undamaged economy. Did the 1 week nemesis before for the same reason. Played Domination in the first month, never a >gcp drop made me realize it was time to quit the game. After completing Anarchy/Onslaught (were the $*#^ is my T-shirt??) I was happy with the way currencies dropped. For the new 4 month Dom/Nem it seemed unlikely to me to complete the unique challenge this time around.

Aura changes and Scion tree completely destroyed around 12 of my builds. No currency enough to make them all work again -> another reason for quit mode.

Then there came legacy uniques, GGG biggest fail till date. It became clear to me then that they don't give a damn about what the players wanted. This contradicts the early days when every voice was heard by the dev.
When they announced what would change after Anarchy/ONS ended (a thread similar to this one) so many were against legacy. GGG ignored the majority of people, and listened to a handfull of cry babies.
I mean a few days downtime would hurt no one, in order to fix things properly. Afraid people would not come back?, guess what a lot quit because of that bold move. Just do a xyz search and you will realize how many inactive accounts there are over the past 4 - 8 months.

A lot even opted for a complete server wipe when the game officially launched, which would've been completely fine, their second biggest fail for not going that route. Again not listening. It was the best thing they could've done (long term), in the interest of their game and its community.
NOW it is too late to do what they should've done THEN. They can only keep on rubber banding their game.

Turning standard/HC into 'legacy' leagues, making Dom/Nem the new permanent league, launching a new 4 month Sc/Hc + season race is a NO go people. Costs for running all those seperate servers is just not efficient. And people want a seperate self found league also?, nope not going to happen. Just turn off that trade chat box ingame and voila, you have a selffound. GL though, with all these worse getting drops / nerfs, there is no incentive to go selfound solo anyhow and to a bigger extend play the game in general. I for one am not excited for the 3rd round of 4 month leagues.

And now 47 pages later (read 80% of comments) I've come to realize they will make another fail. Not listening to the majority of the community ( did D3 Jay Wilson join the PoE team in the time I was gone ?, No seriously it's a question: what happened to good old Jay?)
Did I already state that currency drops are next to nothing, yes I guess I did. So ehm GGG why are we removing iiq?

Going back to (D3)RoS seems reasonable now (AH removal + expansion) and leave PoE for being like the old D3. ( ignore community, remove / adjust things that should be untouched etc.. )

Also, I have about 5000 hours playtime in PoE across all character (have to check the exact amount with /playtime on each char. NO I'm not someone who leaves my PC and stays logged in) and never a Mirror dropped, either solo or seen in a party drop. How the %^*$# are there people sitting on >10 mirrors.
Could you rig my game please, so next time I log in I magically find 10 mirrors in a remove only tab? For services rendered................................................!

Also, no one mentioned this previously, but your legacy policy thrives people towards RMT now. I hope you realize you are causing your own downfall....
Not that you can do anything against RMT, but you guys do a pretty good job against it.
Now however......PoE F2P is becoming P2W.
IGNs: [TempCI, Flamin, - Std] / [EK_Tanker - HC]
[Comstark, ShavronnesMistress - Anarchy] [MontreGulsTITANS, - Dom / CLHS_Tank - Nemesis]
[Atziri_Achiever - Ambush] / [ArcerONaRampage - Rampage]
Last edited by Promo1987 on Feb 17, 2014, 9:43:14 AM
I just want to state that it is an awful idea to remove IIQ. I am playing this game since maybe 2 months and so far i havent found ONE SINGLE ITEM that could sell for a few chaos. Tbh the maximum I sold for was 1chaos and i just got lucky someone really needed what I had.

It is frustrating to always have to buy stuff and never sell. And guess from what people I buy? Yes, those running around with 150 IIQ / 400 MF.

So I tried to make an MF Char to finally get some stuff for myself and finally find some usable loot. And now you want to remove the only feature that let me hope for some decent selffound gear.

If you want to limit IIQ, then just cap it at 100 or whatever, but don't remove it completely.

best regards.
My only questions is will I lose my premium stashes that I purchased during this? Or will they still be available to all my characters?

Ran out of alterations before I could roll more IIQ gear. I actually got a double rarity amulet while doing it, quite hilarious. Roughly 2 ex worth of alterations spent.

What's even funnier, the guy I bought the base items from started crafting when I told him that's why I was buying them. He also rolled a top double rarity amulet soon after. Oh and then he got it again on a ring. Lol.
vaal or no balls
Last edited by QueenTakesKnight on Feb 17, 2014, 4:37:41 PM
Congratulations.
One more player helps the laddering of POE quickly by quitting from the mind attack of every patch of pre-post .
Played for about 2 months only in domination league, and bought stashes and was enjoying trading.

I understand that when domination ends, all my items and stash moves to parent league (standard league) and becomes remove only tab.

However, i am not planning to play standard, I will more likely to play new league.

So when new challenge league starts, I need to make new character at new league, and my stash will be empty?

Just want to make sure if I can remove my item at new league too, so i can decide to sell all my unique and currency before 28th.

Thank you very much in advance.
So what will happen to my stash if I'm in domination will it trash or carry over with my char?
"
joynrg wrote:
Played for about 2 months only in domination league, and bought stashes and was enjoying trading.

I understand that when domination ends, all my items and stash moves to parent league (standard league) and becomes remove only tab.

However, i am not planning to play standard, I will more likely to play new league.

So when new challenge league starts, I need to make new character at new league, and my stash will be empty?

Just want to make sure if I can remove my item at new league too, so i can decide to sell all my unique and currency before 28th.

Thank you very much in advance.

Yes, your stash in the new league will be empty. Everything from the current league will be moved to Standard.

Since we'll have over a week with no new league, and since I have no interest in starting a new character in Standard due to the screwed up economy, I guess I'll be looking for something else to play.

Anyone else got any plans for what to play during the downtime?
Last edited by BaggerX on Feb 18, 2014, 7:44:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info