What Happens When the Domination and Nemesis Leagues End?

"
Instead of removing IIQ completely and create a dozen more problems, you could just place heavier diminishing returns on IIQ (and IIR if needed).

The problem with the current MF system is that the difference between zero MF and stacked MF is too great.

0 MF. -> 2 rares
Modest/balanced 50/100 MF that EVERY build can achieve through jewelers/uniques -> 8-10 rares.
Stacked 100+/400+ MF with dedicated culler/farmer -> 20-30+ rares

What GGG should do is raise the base MF but place heavier MF diminishing return, so the modest MF benefits the most, while zero mf speed clear character can still find something and the stacked culler is still useful but not 100% needed for every group. The new system should look something like this

0 MF. -> 5-7 rares
Modest 50/100 MF that EVERY build can achieve through jewelers/uniques -> 12-15 rares.
Stacked 100+/400+ MF with dedicated culler/farmer -> 20-25 rares

This way all three play style is still valid and different, but the gap in wealth is not as great.

+1 After going through a bunch of the posts, I thought this was an especially insightful comment.

I think the one who is really unviable for farming is the 0 MFer, regardless of clear speed. With modest MF and decent clear speed, the returns per hour are so much higher. Also if you are solo, you get 6 portals. In a 6-person party with a huge MF culler, you get far more drops, but only one inventory to bring back, which helps to balance it. Both the modest and high MFers do well, the 0 MFer does not.

I'm really confused why IIQ is getting the axe myself. I think it adds depth to have to balance both IIR and IIQ and was a really nice addition. No idea why they are removing a cool aspect of the game like that. (don't even want to get started on the terrible idea to allow for thousands of legacies....seems just mindbogglingly bad for the game overall). I think its a cool aspect to balance for DPS/survivability/IIR/IIQ, but I guess others (and GGG) are somehow at odds with this now, always felt like a fundamental part of the game to me.
IGN: IskyOfTheSea
I, for one, like the shrines... though I find the Firestorm shrine a bit underpowered for how visually spammy it is.

My favorite has to be the Diamond Shrine (all hits are critical). That shrine always puts a smile on my face. Bringer of Bones Shrine runs a close second; it definitely made me appreciate why some folks rave about skeletotems. "Me and this army. Why do you ask?"

Obligatory headdesk confession: I only just realized a week or so ago that shrines can stack. (Hey, cut me some slack; I've only been playing three and a half months...)
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
Last edited by Gruentod on Feb 14, 2014, 4:30:20 PM
if this mod iiq is gone in the future
its gonna be worth insane amounts of currency in just a few weeks

some people play this game for
drops BIG DROPS

i go farm some soon to be legacy iiq gear :/
Did I miss a notification someplace that said that the stash tabs we buy during a League would not be permanent? I find this to be enormously frustrating and am feeling very ripped off. So basically I have to buy stash tabs all over again if I want to be able to add things to them? Utter crap.
"
Miocene wrote:
Did I miss a notification someplace that said that the stash tabs we buy during a League would not be permanent? I find this to be enormously frustrating and am feeling very ripped off. So basically I have to buy stash tabs all over again if I want to be able to add things to them? Utter crap.

The stash tabs you have purchased are available in EVERY league as soon as you purchase them, your tabs are already usable in Standard/HC as well as the 4 month leagues. Your current 4 month stash is also transferred to its parent league as remove-only tabs, but your purchased tabs are still perfectly fine right alongside them.

Email support@grindinggear.com if you have any further concerns, sorry about the confusion!
No longer works at GGG
Thank you for clearing that up. I've only ever played in Domination and hadn't tried to create a character in any other league so I wasn't sure how things worked.
"
Ultrakiller wrote:
I think legacy unique is not fair for any new player to this game, cause even they join a new league, they will still be merged to standard league sooner or later. So as more and more new player choose to play this game, they will be harder and harder to catch up with old player. If legacy kaom worths 500ex one day, then new player will never buy one through farming other than using RMT.

2 solutions to solve this problem: 1. mirror can be used on unique item 2. all uniques that drop in standard are legacy.

Although i ve played this game for a long time and got end-game gear, i still wanna this game would be more fair to new players. Thats good for the sustainable development. Plz consider it.

I agreed with that point.Although you have got the nerf to those op legacy unique you should really have made those op state no longer exist instead just leave them which make who have them very powerful and RICH!They can use them to change almost any powerful equipment they want.
Now the only thing I image that will change this situation is that GGG comge out more powerful equipment so that these stuff will not be so useful.But thinking of the nerf is because they are already to powerful I think more powerful thing are hopeless.
So I think PLZ GGG should really consider the problem.
"
RoryC_GGG wrote:
"
Miocene wrote:

The stash tabs you have purchased are available in EVERY league as soon as you purchase them, your tabs are already usable in Standard/HC as well as the 4 month leagues. Your current 4 month stash is also transferred to its parent league as remove-only tabs, but your purchased tabs are still perfectly fine right alongside them.

Email support@grindinggear.com if you have any further concerns, sorry about the confusion!

Is this a joke?

The players are asking you for the introduction of a new standard league with long-term viability where items are properly maintained (changes to items are also applied to items already in people's possession) thus entirely eliminating the problem of legacy items which is currently ruining the standard league.

And you choose to answer some question which probably is answered somewhere in the FAQ. Why did no one from your team step up already and tell us if we can expect such a new league to be added or not.

What did happen with "happily interacting with your player community" and "answering questions" or was that award from Hyper Magazine misplaced maybe?

If no one from the team is willing answering these questions I will write a private message to Chris tomorrow when I got more time and ask him. Maybe more people should do that so we see some movement till the end of the current leagues.
"
Ezekeel wrote:
"
RoryC_GGG wrote:
"
Miocene wrote:

Is this a joke?

The players are asking you for the introduction of a new standard league with long-term viability where items are properly maintained (changes to items are also applied to items already in people's possession) thus entirely eliminating the problem of legacy items which is currently ruining the standard league.

And you choose to answer some question which probably is answered somewhere in the FAQ. Why did no one from your team step up already and tell us if we can expect such a new league to be added or not.

What did happen with "happily interacting with your player community" and "answering questions" or was that award from Hyper Magazine misplaced maybe?

If no one from the team is willing answering these questions I will write a private message to Chris tomorrow when I got more time and ask him. Maybe more people should do that so we see some movement till the end of the current leagues.

you won´t get an answer because it seems you are to dumb to read.
just go ahead and read the first page again. there its clearly written that "leagacy items in standard league are a feature" if you dont like playing standard league, start playing the new league like everyone one else.
"
Ezekeel wrote:
"
RoryC_GGG wrote:
"
Miocene wrote:

Is this a joke?

My thoughts exactly.

So many players are asking for a new league with no iir and iiq and no legacy items, yet we get no response from the devs about this. Shameful really. People like the game and the developers behind it because supposedly you care about your customers and interact with them. For God's sake, don't get drunk on your initial success and turn into another Blizzard or another EA.

Besides a new standard league is not only a serious matter the players but for GGG as well as it impacts your profitability. You have made many new customers since official release. Only way to retain them is through a new permanent league that provides true end-game and continuous development of your characters.
Last edited by mouhanad on Feb 15, 2014, 3:05:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info