What Happens When the Domination and Nemesis Leagues End?

"
mouhanad wrote:
Hope you realize that you two are the ones who show "ignorance and simple stupidity". You're the minority, a vocal minority but a minority nonetheless.

The majority of the player base wants the complete removal of iir and iiq and a new permanent league that can nerf item retroactively and an economy that isn't broken.

Oh REEHEEHEEHEEALLY? YOU SURE ABOUT THAT ??

"
reboticon wrote:
If you remove quantity I can only pray you boost CURRENCY drop rates. Take a look at my profile sometime. With all the time spent in the new leagues, I got exactly..... zero exalt drops, zero eternal drops, and 2 divine drops. The part of the merge I was most looking forward to was the chance to use IIQ again, as then MAYBE I might get an orb drop sometime. You guys removing it really makes me sad. How bout nerfing some jeweler RNG.

"
TheVileOne wrote:
But I'll never build my ultimate mfer now :(

"
MimSiE wrote:
What the heck kind of bone-headed move is reducing IIQ? The whole point of games like this to get really good items with which to storm content. So in essence, you're basically making even mid-range gear much harder to get. This is the EXACT reason Diablo 3 failed so hard. PLEASE, learn from Blizzard's mistakes, and do not turn this into another Diablo 3. Otherwise, you will see players leaving in droves.

"
Odoakar wrote:
Will you buff base IIQ drop rates now that you are removing iiq from the game? Because if not, that's just another nail in the coffin.

"
reboticon wrote:
With regards to IIQ, essentially what you are doing is removing all means by which to "get rich" in game, other than pure luck or trading. That's a bit shitty, in all honesty. At least with IIQ one could spend DAYS (yes days, I did it) grinding out rings and amulets for chaos recipe when RNG decides to leave a steaming pile of shit on your door. Now that will be gone as well.

These sorts of decisions would be much easier to swallow if you would at least state your reasoning behind them.

Yes... it sure sounds the people are just dying to get rid of IIR and IIQ. Its exactly as you said mouhanad, I am a minority and ALMOST ALL players in PoE just want drops to be HARDER AND HARDER everyone in PoE just wants 1 single rare drop ONCE a MONTH. Oh mouhanad you are so right, people want to never see what wearing a unique feels like, oh the humanity will be so destroyed if they see a single rare before completing the entire game on all 3 difficulties!!
^ Ahem... that was sarcasm btw. Well I decided to feed the troll mouhanad so there's that.

My point still stands mouhanad, if you DON'T want IIR and IIQ, then DON'T WEAR ITEMS with those mods. Once again I, as your merciful GOD will act a miracle upon you mouhanad. *Introduces mouhanad to other items* There's billions of items without IIR and IIQ to choose from, I will be all merciful and allow you to wear ANY item that you find of your choice that has no IIR and no IIQ and THERE you will find the promised land!!

Don't want IIQ and IIR? DON'T USE EM !!
"

Yes... it sure sounds the people are just dying to get rid of IIR and IIQ. Its exactly as you said mouhanad, I am a minority and ALMOST ALL players in PoE just want drops to be HARDER AND HARDER everyone in PoE just wants 1 single rare drop ONCE a MONTH. Oh mouhanad you are so right, people want to never see what wearing a unique feels like, oh the humanity will be so destroyed if they see a single rare before completing the entire game on all 3 difficulties!!
^ Ahem... that was sarcasm btw. Well I decided to feed the troll mouhanad so there's that.

My point still stands mouhanad, if you DON'T want IIR and IIQ, then DON'T WEAR ITEMS with those mods. Once again I, as your merciful GOD will act a miracle upon you mouhanad. *Introduces mouhanad to other items* There's billions of items without IIR and IIQ to choose from, I will be all merciful and allow you to wear ANY item that you find of your choice that has no IIR and no IIQ and THERE you will find the promised land!!

Don't want IIQ and IIR? DON'T USE EM !!

You clearly misunderstood my suggestion. If you read my other posts on the issue, I said that removal of iir and iiq would be accompanied by increased global drop rates. So everyone would get the drops of a mid-range mf culler without having to use stupid mf gear or play as summoner.

As for your argument that if you don't want iir and iiq, don't use them... Problem is that drops are really crappy without them to the extent that gameplay becomes extremely boring, so players are forced to use them if you want to actually have fun playing. This has already been mentioned above by many people on this forum, I suggest you read them before going on trollish rants.
Last edited by mouhanad on Feb 14, 2014, 2:08:17 AM
what about sadimas gloves, perandus belt and Goldwyrm
Nubuck Boots ?? will it stay as it is or will be nerfed?
"
mouhanad wrote:
So everyone would get the drops of a mid-range mf culler without having to use stupid mf gear or play as summoner.[/b]

You do not need to play as a summoner to farm.
I've rebuked this before, and can again.

Farming Piety/Dominus is freakin' simple. For any build.
If you can't beat Dominus, there's something wrong, but just go farm Piety then.

You don't need good gear, and summoner is actually slower than most builds for this. Leap slam/lightning warp/etc straight to the boss, and waste it. Takes like 2 minutes.

New players and solo players should advocate the preservation of IIQ or, at least, its inclusion it in the implicit MF rates.

Why some don't succeed at this game or why they find it very difficult to make it (have stuff that can help you progress easier) is precisely because they don't use any kind of MF. You're not gonna get anything unless you put in some IIR or IIQ.

And this is tested by myself and I'm sure others can support my finding: the best gem for a new league is IIQ.

I'm not a MF char, just a regular one, that got more awesome drops just by getting items with a little IIR (easier to obtain), and using IIQ gems on my attacks.
"
neverwilldie wrote:
what about sadimas gloves, perandus belt and goldwyrm boots?
will it stay as it is or will be nerfed?

"
Developer wrote:
Item Quantity will continue to exist on Unique items, but we may review its magnitude.

Seeing that they want to kill a mosquito with a tank I strongly think those items will be nerfed, with the cancer legacy versions left in the game.
I think you should keep IIQ (and IIR) the way they are, or if not increase overall drop rates.
I play solo and selffound ( no trading,except a couple items I took from my league stash) so MF helps with the items drop! Shrines are ok, not really OP imho, and I like them spawning in standard as well.
The idea of making a new permanent league - no legacy items, new economy,a fresh start for everyone - is a great one , you should consider it.
The new league is intriguing, can't wait to play it!

Good work GGG, keep it up !

Edit: I agree in nerfing MF with greater diminishing returns and increase overall drop rates, as some earlier posts ask.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Last edited by Wazz72 on Feb 14, 2014, 6:29:29 AM
Can't make everyone happy.
I for one am sorry to hear shrines migrating to standard.

Shrines were the very reason I didn't even try Domination.
I never liked shrines - not in D2, not in TQ. I felt obligated to use experience shrines but other than that it always felt like I'd be using power that didn't come from my character, and I didn't like that.
In those games the effects of shrines could be ignored. I really hope rebalancing the shrines from Domination means I can just ignore them without kicking the game into expert mode. If content is rebalanced to accomodate the use of shrines that will kill the game for me. But that is only me - the game would thrive without me. I hope I can stay.

P.S.
Please create a sharing mechanic for on kill triggers in multiplayer.
Like: Gain a Flask charge for every X monsters killed by your party, where x is the number of players in the party.
Maybe as an option to be set by the party leader.

Best Regards
Xeledon
Online delenda est:
When the lifecycle of PoE will draw to an end many years from now,
there needs to be a final patch making it available offline.
So what is everybody doing for the week that poe is dead?
"
Pam wrote:
domination is so bad
I really hope that the power of the shrines are going to be adjusted in hardcore ... Little point to progress if you can transform your character into a god for several minutes

u didn't play doimination dude, you don't become immortal, and it's for maybe half a minute bonus... don't go bla bla full retardurr durr around please
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info