What Happens When the Domination and Nemesis Leagues End?

Last edited by Dowboy on Feb 12, 2014, 8:19:48 PM
i get the point that legacy items don't matter in the new leagues. but then why not change hc and standard to real legacy leagues where iiq stays untouched, kaom's drops with 1000 hp, etc?
"
bibi1338 wrote:
i get the point that legacy items don't matter in the new leagues. but then why not change hc and standard to real legacy leagues where iiq stays untouched, kaom's drops with 1000 hp, etc?

Good point! GGG should consider it
I think Shrines go against GGG's philosophy behind Parent/Child Leagues. They said that a Child Leagues "Mod" shoudl NEVER make the game easier than the Parent League, only harder, yet Shrines effectively give "Godmode" and extra mob density...

How is that "harder"? <_<
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
I think legacy unique is not fair for any new player to this game, cause even they join a new league, they will still be merged to standard league sooner or later. So as more and more new player choose to play this game, they will be harder and harder to catch up with old player. If legacy kaom worths 500ex one day, then new player will never buy one through farming other than using RMT.

2 solutions to solve this problem: 1. mirror can be used on unique item 2. all uniques that drop in standard are legacy.

Although i ve played this game for a long time and got end-game gear, i still wanna this game would be more fair to new players. Thats good for the sustainable development. Plz consider it.
Legacy items are such a terrible idea in the first place. In fact, I strongly believe that the only items which should EVER be limited are alternate art items. Just like microtransactions, the legacy items should have no effect on gameplay. It is not only incredibly unfair to any players who actually PICK UP the game after the change, but it just doesn't make any sense in the first place.

Basically, if something is overpowered (let's use Kaom's for example) and is worthy of a nerf (as it was), then there SHOULD NOT BE ANY that have the old stats on it. Do you honestly think that some exclusive group of people are worthy of having an overpowered item, when the majority of players are not? One of the main points of playing in the permanent leagues is to obtain the best items, and that just isn't possible for many people due to the legacies. It's technically possible, but they would have to pay an absurd amount, which is stupid. It's punishing your new(er) players, who are, I imagine, a fair bit of your income from microtransactions.

BUT

I also do not think that item quantity should be in the game either. The rate that people get items should be ENTIRELY based off of how well and efficiently you kill the monsters, and not having a IQ/IR-stacked culling strike character who does ALL of the kills (or killing blows). That isn't fun, nor is it "skill-requiring". It's just silly. So, I guess it's nice that they are considering removing the gem...?

Last edited by Amalaira on Feb 12, 2014, 8:41:02 PM
jus curious.

Will we still have our extra premium stash tab that we bought in domination?
Or will be gone?
Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/803310
"
Chris wrote:
Old mods and items will not be removed or changed for players who currently have them. Powerful legacy items are a feature of the permanent leagues.

And the feature that makes the permanent leagues an unattractive place not only, but especially, for new players. Functionally irrelevant fluff items like kiwis are one thing, items that are functionally far more powerful than anything that's presently available are worse than overpowered cash store items in P2W games (because these would still be equally obtainable by everyone).

I feel that legacy items are a really short sighted design, and for me, they are the biggest minus of the game. Sure, I can play 4-months leagues, and will do so, and maybe HC because at least some of the legacy toxic gets purged if someone doesn't press alt+F4 fast enough, but I shouldn't have to avoid the "main" league if I want to play on equal footing (especially with PvP on the horizon).

I wish you wouldn't put the interests of a tiny fraction of your player base over game balance and "fair"play.
when is the new leagues going to be announced?
Screw you guys. I was waiting to be rid of shrines. :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info