T-Shirt Design Competition Winners

Congratulations to the winners. However I am quite disappointed that GGG broke the very rules they set in their contest in multiple cases.

Choosing someone else's copyrighted materials with polo one, skilltree-wrap as the very design Chris said not to do in rules, direct copy paste of website wallpaper, ignoring early text submissions and rewarding later image version of same design..
horrible top ten very disappointed about this only ones up there i kinda like is #1 and #4 (and #4 is tons better then #1) the rest ether barely have any thing or look like tacky shirt u get from target.

not including my entry there had to have been a solid other 15 shirts i would wear over this top 10

also the skull out of items has to be if not the worst, then one of the worst shirts in that whole thread lol and some how its a grand prize winner

in conclusion im butthurt

god dam rng.

got to be good looking because im so hard too see.
this CI shirt is awesome! xD
Will only the winners be made buyable or the runner ups too?
I REALLY WANT THAT CI SHIRT.
Hate to say it, but...

Most of the shirt designs that are "runner ups" are actually way better than the ones that won.

Sceptre of the gods is cool, as is the dominus looming.

Not sure why the dinky polo won to be honest...required the least amount of effort.

Last edited by ozzy9832001 on Jan 16, 2014, 6:27:12 PM
The Rhoa Polo is the only one I come close to liking. The fact that a runner-up design is nothing more than a copy/paste of the Sceptre of God wallpaper is just a travesty.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
"
LethalCoke wrote:

As for text-described designs, I guess it would have been nice for at least one to be chosen to be PC, as in the case for 'Synze', but a picture paints a thousand words and I can understand the process of producing an idea can be costly in the first place.

I wish that 'CreativeAspect' submitted this earlier!! http://i.imgur.com/5qrCuvy.jpg (see http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/698496/page/102). Also glad the 7 faces won, Tarkleigh's was great too!

It would have been nice if at least one text concept made it, but I have to admit it took a lot less than 100 pages before I stopped reading all the text submissions.

And Im glad to hear you liked my submission :P

The exalted shirt was definitely a well deserved winner.

I am a bit surprised about some of the submissions that did/didn't make it (personally I really liked the plum brandy submission by 'florian' on https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/698496/page/100).

I could see how the devs of the game might have different opinions on what "[holds] true to Path of Exile's complex aesthetic." I'm sure they view the game a lot differently as creators than we do as players.

Quite disappointed that it is only those who have shown some graphic design skills have won, while the whole premise of the competition was that even those who can't tell paintbrush from photoshop had an equal chance to win.

Seems GGG was not interested to take any of the sketches/mock ups/text ideas into consideration (GGG designers no time/desire to turn an idea into something nice??).

At least for any possible future 'design' competitions we know it is just for the few very skilled graphic designers amongst us.

Gratz to all the winners.
Agree with a lot of posters on here...

Looks like this was a "fake" attempt to include the community however the desired designs were already in the heads of the judges and they just had to wait for someone to post it and select them as winners.

I'm sure vast majority of the community would agree that if you posted 50 quality designs in a poll, only a fraction of the winners would be selected by the community majority.

And honestly, why pick a design that has little to no chance of actually being possible to create on a real T-Shirt? Should have selected only realistic and creative designs and maybe have some honorable mentions for "This was a great idea, but isn't possible.."

IGN: SoulCinder
Only Aramil87's and Winterlicht's designs are decent. The rest are trash.

Also:

"
While a shirt that consists of the entire Skill Tree wrapped around your body may be awesome, it's not necessarily something that we're able to print easily

Funny how this very design was the winner...
"Of course we balance knowing players will Alt-F4 out of there."
- Qarl

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info