T-Shirt Design Competition Winners

Everyone complains about the skilltree wraparound shirt being against the rules. That is not true.
It was just said that it could be a disadvantage if a submission idea is hard to print. It was not said that it will automatically be sorted out.

It's totally ok that the skilltree wraparound idea won.
But since Chris was the first person to mention it, he should have won the price.
It was his idea.
"
WinterFrost wrote:
Everyone complains about the skilltree wraparound shirt being against the rules. That is not true.
It was just said that it could be a disadvantage if a submission idea is hard to print. It was not said that it will automatically be sorted out.

It's totally ok that the skilltree wraparound idea won.
But since Chris was the first person to mention it, he should have won the price.
It was his idea.
"
Chris wrote:
The top 10 exhibit a wide range of imagination.
While its technically accurate that the skilltree wasn't against the rules, picking it makes the whole thing seem highly disingenuous. The skilltree as a tshirt is probably the single most obvious shirt that could be made. There is nothing remotely creative or imaginative about that shirt, especially after Chris specifically mentioned it in the contest outline.
"
Razor_Blaze wrote:
FYI Chris, I've sent an email to support appealing the decision of the energy shield tshirt as this was my original idea submitted at the bottom of page 8 of the submission thread some 24hrs before the chosen winner. I look forward to hearing your response

Just a quick update for readers, GGG contacted me to acknowledge their oversight and awarded me with the runner up prize pack. I wanted to publicly thank them for their awesome customer support and community engagement.

I'll be contributing some more $$$ in microtransactions purely out of appreciation for their great work.
"
Razor_Blaze wrote:
"
Razor_Blaze wrote:
FYI Chris, I've sent an email to support appealing the decision of the energy shield tshirt as this was my original idea submitted at the bottom of page 8 of the submission thread some 24hrs before the chosen winner. I look forward to hearing your response

Just a quick update for readers, GGG contacted me to acknowledge their oversight and awarded me with the runner up prize pack. I wanted to publicly thank them for their awesome customer support and community engagement.

I'll be contributing some more $$$ in microtransactions purely out of appreciation for their great work.

Fantastic - I do hope the other chap also gets to keep his runner-up prizes, though. He most probably didnt read your submission when he made his (I know I didnt read all the posts before mine, when I posted my submission!)
We were given a prize each

Share the love
Hi

This is going to become my shirt design, from the random people I have read this too they think its funny and they get where it is coming from even though they have never played the game or even know it is a game(that part is important):
We need a proper mix of inside and relevant outside humor to beckon new players in.

"
7.Front of T-shirt is written:Waking up on a beach and fighting a zombie from killing your comrade:One gem
Purchase 4 link,5 socket item from Greust: 1 Alteration orb
Fighting your way through countless hordes: 1 unique item, a few magic items and plenty of white items
Smashing that last Barrel in the dark corner of a dungeon and a Mirror of Kalandra drops:Priceless
On back of T-shirt: There are some games money can buy. But for everyone else there's Path of Exile.

It will only cost me 15-20$ at my local print shop. If you can't stand that your design didn't win or just overall dislike the chosen winners: MAKE YOUR OWN, its cooler that way and probably cheaper then what GGG will charge.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
Last edited by Finkenstein on Jan 18, 2014, 1:18:42 PM
yall are really nitpicking t-shirt contest?? REALLY? ....REALLY??

NARP!
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
What a shame that I missed this... There needs to be a newsletter for these kinds of things from GGG. I would have LOVED to enter this contest!

I guess I will have to just keep my eyes open and visit the homepage a little more often from now on :P

Regards,
Patrick
+---------------------------------
╠» ☠ The Exiles
̯ http://TheExiles.net
I'd buy The Sceptre of God T-Shirt. There's been some really clever ideas here! Impressed.
I'm all for in-jokes and clever allusions, but do you REALLY expect a PoE player to walk up to someone wearing a boring white polo shirt, squint at their chest for 10 minutes trying to figure out why the graphic isn't a horse but some sort of bipedal bird-thing, and then say, "AH I GET IT IT'S A RHOA!" I love PoE but a one-inch rhoa bird isn't enough to twig me on to the fact that that's what the person is into.

(I may be uniquely qualified to speak on this, because, true story, I saw someone in an airport wearing the Tabula Rasa t-shirt a few weeks ago, and struck up a conversation with him after recognizing the image. That is 100% guaranteed to NEVER EVER EVER happen with that god-awful rhoa shirt.)

Generally the runners-up are much better than the winners IMO. Overall I think this contest was kind of a wash.

"Come to me, exile. Let us speak of death and desync."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info