Aegis is so broken, I'm becoming lazy

While prism guardian is also really good (great for resists too!), bear in mind just like Aegis (moreso, I'd argue), it's not all that useful if you don't have a decent-sized ES pool to hide behind. I would never run Prism Guardian unless I had enough ES to justify Ghost Reaver. Even three 40% auras can put a pretty big dent on your health unless you spec heavily into reduced reservation (in which case it puts a roughly 33% dent in your health - still too large for pure health-based characters imo). It also makes dealing with chaos damage extra-tricky.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Aegis is good but you're not immortal. You could still get 1 shotted by Dom's Touch of God/Vaal Smash. As OP mentioned, Aegis is worthless against Shock and Horror (Torture Chamber boss).

The thing about Aegis is that to make it OP you must invest heavily into Block, Armor and ES. This is one unique you MUST build for. It's not like other uniques where you can just slap on and go about your build as you would.

They can nerf the Weapon Elemental Damage and Aegis would still be good.
They can nerf the All Resist and Aegis would still be good.
They can nerf the +Max Cold Resist and Aegis would still be good.
They can nerf the %increase armor/es of the shield and Aegis would still be good.
They can nerf the %armor gained as ES and Aegis would still be good. (Just get more armor)

Now if they removed the %armor gained as ES then Aegis is as good as trash.
"
EmAitch wrote:
Aegis is worthless against Shock and Horror (Torture Chamber boss).

Every build is worthless against that boss. GGG literally built a hackbot out of the boss for the giggles.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
EmAitch wrote:

Every build is worthless against that boss. GGG literally built a hackbot out of the boss for the giggles.

I use to do him :_; fine his death beam hurts so much now.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
aegis is broken as hell but its on a build that does practically zero dps in group map play and i see no harm in letting it remain in its current state.

if aegis builds were both immortal and were able to dish out high dps then a nerfed should been enacted months ago.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
I don't get why people get upset about a unique which you have to build your whole character around and which only a handful builds can pull off because of that.

It adds high survival against a lot of small hits but big hits can still kill you.
Only reason people started noticing Aegis Aurora now is because Lioneye's Glare, Shavronne's Wrappings and Kaom's Heart aren't what they used to be.

Next people will start yelling that Crown of Eyes is OP, Ming's Heart is OP and so on...
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
EmAitch wrote:

Nope.

Sorry, but any archer except Rain of Arrows archer can kill that boss from off-screen and not lose 1 single hp.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
mazul wrote:
Nope.

Sorry, but any archer except Rain of Arrows archer can kill that boss from off-screen and not lose 1 single hp.

GGG should just make the boss have like a detector, that if it gets from long range, it will teleport instantly to the archer, making it much harder to kill the boss. Dem archers should learn humility. /sarcasm
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Dec 22, 2013, 6:17:55 AM
so you can barely die but you tickle mobs to death , id say working as intended.
You can also get high life regen/armor build and sustain cowards trial while sleeping.

Using cowards trial as an example is just so wrong in many ways. Go afk in palace or shrine, or maybe poorjoys and then let us know how overpowered aegis aurora is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info