Aegis is so broken, I'm becoming lazy

I use aegis and I still swap to saffells for many of the map bosses. The extra spell block chance is worth it since you won't quite hit 75% vs spell with aegis. Then you get +5 max resists vs all the ele hits that do get through.

aegis does make you invincible vs titty bitches and chimeras, but slow attackers that hit big can still destroy you.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
Natharias wrote:

If I know PoE correctly, if you go energy shield you want to get as much as humanly possible. This means your armor will be much, much lower than many other builds. Since your armor will be so low, you'll restore small amounts of energy shield from the few amount of attacks you block.

What is so broken about this item?

You dont specifically build ES when using Aegis, all you need is enough ES as a buffer to take one or two hits until you block an attack/spell. Then you restore ES which is effectively a heal.

No other shield in the game heals you 75% of the time when you get hit for 400-600 effective HP, thats what makes Aegis so good.
merp merp
Last edited by Navac on Dec 22, 2013, 3:16:53 PM
LOL !!!

even talking about Nerfing here increased the price in Hardcore league.

And you can use tempest shield gem, linked to added lightning damage and life leach.
You will get healed with life too if you block.

(In the moment this gem combination is broken, which means the tempest shield turns off every new area you enter. But just start it again)
Last edited by DeltaWing on Dec 22, 2013, 3:32:33 PM
"
reboticon wrote:
I use aegis and I still swap to saffells for many of the map bosses. The extra spell block chance is worth it since you won't quite hit 75% vs spell with aegis. Then you get +5 max resists vs all the ele hits that do get through.

aegis does make you invincible vs titty bitches and chimeras, but slow attackers that hit big can still destroy you.

Would you use Saffell's Frame when fighting Dominus (Residence) in his first form, and when he is about to use the Lightning Fist? Saffell's Frame is great against his lightning stream, but not his lightning fist. Saffell can only spell block, so you are dead to a massive physical damage attack. With Aegis Aurora, you can easily have both spell block and normal block, if you equip it with the spell block amulet and Rainbowstrides.

As for what I bolded, good ole blind+enfeeble does the trick.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

I'm not sure tanking Dom fist is a good idea in general, no matter what shield you're using :) Also what you mentioned has nothing to do with Aegis, just Saffell's vs. other shields. Though you certainly have valid points.

And as for blind+enfeeble, indeed, but also has little to do with Aegis. Works on fast attackers too.

IGN: Victario
i have one too but i don't think is broken because you need high armor and block to work and you lose some dps
Ign: ThatManWithTheBow
"
celeritas wrote:
And as for blind+enfeeble, indeed, but also has little to do with Aegis. Works on fast attackers too.

While it has a little do with Aegis, in general you still want to apply it as a melee character. Blind+enfeeble combo is an incredible, and should not be missed out, if you have the opportunity in the palm of your hands. Of course it works on fast attackers, but it is so incredibly effective against slow attackers that it is almost eye boggingly that if you get hit once from that combo on a slow hitting boss, you were unlucky or is a sign you are taking too long to kill.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Dec 22, 2013, 4:53:10 PM
"
torta21 wrote:
i have one too but i don't think is broken because you need high armor and block to work and you lose some dps

I don't think legacy Kaoms was broken because you needed high life% in the tree and you lose a 6 link; it totally matters after all.

I recall seeing a video of a level 74 guy soloing temple piety in a 6 man party for the lulz. It was unbelivably clear how OP aegis is because the only time it fails during the fight; he nearly dies; and then the shield recovers for him in less than 5 seconds. One of diablo 3's goals in the RoS expac is to make gameplay not that binary; and Aegis easily makes gameplay that binary without that great of investment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prkMIPV7qMQ
A scion may be born of the rich, and as such hold more opportunity...
but a scion will never be able to appreciate the finer beauty of those less fortunate.
"
It was unbelivably clear how OP aegis is because the only time it fails during the fight; he nearly dies;
so isnt that the proof that its not incincible ? couple of times his health dipped very dangerously low. and with -max hed probably be dead by now

6 man kill in this game merely means you cant yolo rush the boss.

and its not temple piety, its shrine piety, which is much more impressive
"
"
torta21 wrote:

I don't think legacy Kaoms was broken because you needed high life% in the tree and you lose a 6 link; it totally matters after all.

I recall seeing a video of a level 74 guy soloing temple piety in a 6 man party for the lulz. It was unbelivably clear how OP aegis is because the only time it fails during the fight; he nearly dies; and then the shield recovers for him in less than 5 seconds. One of diablo 3's goals in the RoS expac is to make gameplay not that binary; and Aegis easily makes gameplay that binary without that great of investment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prkMIPV7qMQ

What exactly do you mean by binary? Alive or not? Clearly not the case as he had some close calls. You have it or you don't? Aegis isn't even close to the most expensive piece of gear he's using. If you look on his forum thread, he has a Soul Taker and a 6l more or less mirror-worthy chest.
IGN: Victario

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info