Aegis is so broken, I'm becoming lazy

"
grepman wrote:

hyperboles, hyperboles and more hyperboles...

pictures are worth a thousand words, and videos a million.

So I want to see a video of you going afk watching tv not moving your character in a double boss JV with -max res, extra lightning damage and fleet; obviously no flask popping business either, I doubt you do that when you watch TV

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/719253

See "AFKing for fun at bosses" section for an AFK Jungle Valley Double Boss Minus Max LMP.. Whatever mods you put there the results would be the same ;) High 90s char with a lot more ex than 10 though... After playing with a ton of builds, tanks, dps'ers, builds centered around uniques and non-uniques, I don't feel it is more op than many other items out there. You could argue there are a ton of OP items, and that would be a more interesting discussion.
IGN: Mortezzah, prolly playing on character Gellig
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
Last edited by Mortezzah on Dec 24, 2013, 8:37:53 AM
Squirrel is love, Squirrel is life.
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
Nerfing is the only foreseeable thing that would cause me to quit POE. If i saved a metric fuckton to buy something only for it to get nerfed I would lose my shit. Not desync, or trading but this shit. CWDT was cheap enough that it didn't bother me at all. I hadn't even thought about buying a Kaoms or or Soultaker when they were taken. I had planned on making a build with this shield and deaths oath on a CI character though. I haven't started saving for one yet though.

Some players spent silly amount of exa building a perfect wander

Wander gets nerfed

QQ?
If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
And treat those two impostors just the same,
-Ruyard Kipling, "If"
da fuck is aurasnapshotting , are you lamers exploiting mechanics again ?
take out aura put in other auras rinse repeat for aurastacking solo without anything for it or what am i reading.

edit: shieldplayers are nabcakes. hiding behind their block and tons of defensives all day while shouting "SKILL SKILL I CAN DO ANY MAP HAHAHA XDDD"
Last edited by Kechop on Dec 24, 2013, 3:33:19 AM
"
Mortezzah wrote:
High 90s char with a lot more ex than 10 though...

That's the whole point, you have 8k life on top of that spell block, hardly a good way to ascertain if something is over powered using your 97. Op is at 80ish, he needs to show us some videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_CgfEcfaCo Much better example, doable but hardly a cake-walk.

Block is block, it will always work well for surviving desyncs unlike damage builds that require you you to do damge to survive. Much harder to gear up but safer in the long run, good recipe for hardcore. Great for soloing, but group play with perma-freeze makes it pointless.

Last edited by iseefresh on Dec 24, 2013, 6:44:41 AM
So, OP has 98% all res and claims that Aegis Aurora is broken? LOL! Resist mechanics is the thing that is broken there! You take 12.5 times LESS elemental damage, obviously, this is OP...
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Aegis Aurora.

Tempest Shield + Life Leech + Reduced Mana + Lightning Penetration + Added Chaos Damage + Added Cold Damage.

75% chance to block, regain % armor as ES, and deal damage to blocked attack.

Will try new OP build.
I'm waiting for the devs to reduce the basic block cap (say from 75% to 65%). This would reduce the emphasis on block in the game as a whole, including Aegis Aurora shenanigans. Maybe add max block as a mod that can roll on magic/rare shields to keep things interesting.
Does freeze mine kind of destroy the need for an immortal boss tank?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Just don't nerf my precious D"; , its alllll those other skills that are op and making my shield overpowered.

Jokes aside I remember when they were testing the shield when designing it, and remarking how it was breaking the game xD so looks like we've come back to that point with items and defensive things that have made it able to have such a ridiculous block chance etc
Last edited by Neokolzia on Dec 27, 2013, 2:24:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info