Aegis is so broken, I'm becoming lazy

I decided to see what all the fuss is about with Aegis, holy-fucking-shit is this broken.

Not going to disclose my build, because it's different from the norm, but this shield alone trivializes the entire game. It's honestly making me fear the moment when I have to return to a real build. I'm not even watching the screen when I play this character, I watch TV or whatever, I can literally go AFK while I go out for a cigarette mid-map as long as there aren't any chaos monsters around. At level 68, I ran a Coward's Trial and WENT AFK TO SMOKE A CIGARETTE IN THE LAST ROOM ONLY TO COME BACK ALIVE AND WELL.

At a measly level 78, I've been able to absolutely facetank and destroy everything in the 75 map pool and earlier besides Shock and Horror. And this is entirely solo. I may run into trouble with 78 Dominus, but I seriously doubt it.

I really can't believe this has been slipping by for so long, it's unreal. There's OP, and there's broken, this item seriously falls into the latter category.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
Great thanks to you another legacy item will be in place.

ty brah
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
u can give it to me if u want to challenge yourself

XDDD

i sure would enjoy it :)
"

ty brah

Not sure if that's a snarky comment about beta items in general or if you, for some ungodly reason, don't think Aegis is broken, but I don't really care what happens to this item. I payed a fat 8 exalts for it, and I'm honestly surprised it was that cheap at this point.

This thing makes beta Kaom's look like poop.
Long live the new Flesh
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
"

ty brah

Not sure if that's a snarky comment about beta items in general or if you, for some ungodly reason, don't think Aegis is broken, but I don't really care what happens to this item. I payed a fat 8 exalts for it, and I'm honestly surprised it was that cheap at this point.

Well It's sorta of a snarky comment granted I know you and how you post which I support most of the time but crying to get shit nerfed is what I don't agree.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
"

ty brah

Well It's sorta of a snarky comment granted I know you and how you post which I support most of the time but crying to get shit nerfed is what I don't agree.

It's hardly crying when you have the item in question. Most of the people I argue with are scrubs that want shit they can't afford, fuck them. I have it, I made a character built around it, I see a legitimate problem with the item.

Try it for yourself man. It's outrageous.
Long live the new Flesh

I'll grab one in fart league later lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I've been saying that since anarchy when I did jungle valley at 71, but I'm for real tired of shit getting nerfed, so stop plz ;)
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:

not really, not at all actually.

thing about OB kaom's is that pretty much ANY life build (besides ones with abnormally high # of socket requirements) would benefit from kaom's. literally any build worth a crap would slap a kaom on their chest and be improved (given they could afford a 6L weapon for damage)

aegis, not so much.
first of all, you need cap block for aegis.
you cannot use aegis if youre acrobatics/any type of heavy evasion build
arctic armour users also dont have great synergy. same with mind over matter users.
in fact, most of ranged builds dont really synergize with aegis that much. including bow users, wanders, ranged spell casters, summoners and totem users. builds based on the 'dont get hit much' are the complete opposite of what you want with aegis.

you have to have a hybrid build or a CI build (but a ci build would need to have a good amount of armour-expensive)

dont get me wrong. aegis aurora is an extremely powerful unique. but its way less versatile and universal than a legacy kaom's. you can have dozens of toons and none of them could pick up aegis and make it work without respeccing a ton. you could/can with a kaom's.
Is this like.... new news?

I don't think GGG will want to legacy this item in the middle of the leagues, let alone with a possible pvp season starting on the horizon. IF it gets changed, I'm betting it will be at the start of the new 4 month leagues.

But yea, aegis is pretty bonkers. But block is pretty bonkers on it's own.
Last edited by Gravethought on Dec 21, 2013, 11:40:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info