Aegis is so broken, I'm becoming lazy

You have all that AND aegis and max block/spell block? And ok damage being 15k aoe or something? On your level 73 character? No offense, but I find that hard to believe. And with Aegis being your most expensive item?
IGN: Victario
"
celeritas wrote:
You have all that AND aegis and max block/spell block? And ok damage being 15k aoe or something? On your level 73 character? No offense, but I find that hard to believe. And with Aegis being your most expensive item?

Not on this account and with more expensive items. I have:

1. max block (78% with anvil, I don't use lazhwar, 12% from tree and rainbowstride is enough)
2. 98% all resist if I run all auras
3. bit below 100k armour
4. many aps (need to look up exact, but blood rage alone gives ~96% attack speed and ~18% life steal, then on top of that full haste aura, faster attacks, ..., ...,)
5. high damage from WED and high aps with wrath/anger aura
6. ~4k es, very low life
7. perma immunity to curse
8. perma immunity to bleed
9. remove shock instantly

Links are all aura (with snapshot, but will probably be fixed soon). One CoDT with enduring cry, molten shell and critical weakness.

EDIT:

here is an idea of what is possible with auras and snapshotting:

Beyond league.
Last edited by SEXYSUPERSATAN on Dec 23, 2013, 4:11:30 PM
"
"
celeritas wrote:

1. max block (78% with anvil, I don't use lazhwar, 12% from tree and rainbowstride is enough)
3. bit below 100k armour
4. many aps (need to look up exact, but blood rage alone gives ~96% attack speed and ~18% life steal, then on top of that full haste aura, faster attacks, ..., ...,)
6. ~4k es, very low life

Links are all aura (with snapshot, but will probably be fixed soon). One CoDT with enduring cry, molten shell and critical weakness.

EDIT:

So you are using Shavronnes. That's more expensive than Aegis. Otherwise the Chaos damage from blood rage would kill you. Pretty impressive to get all of those items without having higher than level 73, Imo.

If you try it like that on a high map with only rainbowstrides + 12% node, you will get wrecked by dominus or Academy boss.

Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
grepman wrote:
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
Now level 80, I will say I ran into a few hairy situations recently while running maps with 90-110% IIQ. The thing is though, these are situations that would be instant devastation to any other build, and just a close call for my Aegis build.

Double boss Jungle Valley with -max res, 90% extra lightning damage, and fleeting almost killed me while i was watching TV.

Let that sink in for a moment.

Edit: accidentally put the IMG brackets around "almost" instead of italics.

hyperboles, hyperboles and more hyperboles...

pictures are worth a thousand words, and videos a million.

So I want to see a video of you going afk watching tv not moving your character in a double boss JV with -max res, extra lightning damage and fleet; obviously no flask popping business either, I doubt you do that when you watch TV

Tv is next to my PC, I don't mean I'm literally afk for no apparently reason, but I will if I feel like getting up to do something. I just hop from mob to mob and shift click not even paying attention.

I suppose I could try fraps or whatever tonight or tomorrow.

Lol love people saying shit like "herpaderp ur gunna get 1shotz by vaal, u no invincible!!!11!". No shit, do you know of a build that doesn't get one shot by vaal smash or 78 dominus ToG? The issue is that these are the only times I have to pay attention. I'm no weaker to that shit than anyone else (stronger if anything because of high block).

And my gear is... Kind of expensive I guess. It's nothing crazy though, maybe 25 exalts total including aegis.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
reboticon wrote:
"
"
celeritas wrote:

3. bit below 100k armour
6. ~4k es, very low life

EDIT:

So you are using Shavronnes. That's more expensive than Aegis. Otherwise the Chaos damage from blood rage would kill you. Pretty impressive to get all of those items without having higher than level 73, Imo.

If you try it like that on a high map with only rainbowstrides + 12% node, you will get wrecked by dominus or Academy boss.

I tank non-enfeebled double dominus and double temple piety with lmp and -max resist. My hp don't even drop (98% resist). Too bad I need to attack to keep flasks up else I could literally afk.
Beyond league.
power of RMT guyz
Squirrel is love, Squirrel is life.
Certainly seems like a strong build. However, I don't really think Aegis is the key to your defense. Shavronne's if anything would be more key. And Aegis is only functioning as a recovery method (as would for example leech), rather than providing mitigation (which is what your build seems based around).
IGN: Victario
"

I tank non-enfeebled double dominus and double temple piety with lmp and -max resist. My hp don't even drop (98% resist). Too bad I need to attack to keep flasks up else I could literally afk.[/quote]

Then please explain how your character is only level 73. If you are tanking double 74 dominus and not dying you can only stay at 73 for like 3 maps.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
"
celeritas wrote:

Not on this account
Beyond league.
"
"
celeritas wrote:

3. bit below 100k armour
6. ~4k es, very low life

EDIT:

that is the outcome of shavronnes not of aegis.

even without aegis, with shavronnes+howl you can do the same thing with a simple ll gem on your attack.

your build btw is worth way more than 25ex, shavronne's alone go for min 30exs, add another 3 for alpha's and add another 8-12 for aegis and you have 45ex from just those 3 items...

yeah with 55+ex gear +snapshotting anyone can own
Last edited by shroudb on Dec 23, 2013, 6:54:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info