Aegis is so broken, I'm becoming lazy

"
Natharias wrote:

Atziri's Mirror has six percent less chance to block, but reflects curses back to the enemies that cast them. This effectively means that you cannot be cursed unless it is a map mod. Curses make a huge difference in gameplay...don't they? Such as reducing your damage by a "less" modifier, reducing your speed, and reducing your resistances. Another big difference.

Off topic, but that's not how it works. Both you and the enemy that cursed you get the curse.
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
mazul wrote:
Nope.

Sorry, but any archer except Rain of Arrows archer can kill that boss from off-screen and not lose 1 single hp.

GGG should just make the boss have like a detector, that if it gets from long range, it will teleport instantly to the archer, making it much harder to kill the boss. Dem archers should learn humility. /sarcasm

I think dominus has a similar detector in his 2nd form XD or at the very least you can't escape the blood rain D:.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
Kechop wrote:
so you can barely die but you tickle mobs to death , id say working as intended.

What AoE dps, do you consider to be enough to stop just "tickling"?
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
ald4r1s wrote:
You can also get high life regen/armor build and sustain cowards trial while sleeping.

Using cowards trial as an example is just so wrong in many ways. Go afk in palace or shrine, or maybe poorjoys and then let us know how overpowered aegis aurora is.

I've already stated that I can go AFK in any situation up to the 75 map pool besides maze Vaal and residence Dominus. And I'm currently level 78....

I was able to do that at 68, that was the point.

And no the damage isn't bad at all. So much so that I have to switch skills on ele reflect maps to not one-shot myself. Phys reflect is fine because I have 18.5k armor.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
Kechop wrote:
so you can barely die but you tickle mobs to death , id say working as intended.

We'll, I really do have to ask, is 40k dps low in party? Cus that's what I get in my aegis build with the group's auras. (34k without group auras)
But then again I'm only at 3.8k Hp due to gear restrictions >.>
dps is a meaningless number.
what skill is it and what are the support gems.

a better test is to see if you can output good damage in 6 player groups on 77/78 maps.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
EmAitch wrote:
"
Kechop wrote:

We'll, I really do have to ask, is 40k dps low in party? Cus that's what I get in my aegis build with the group's auras. (34k without group auras)
But then again I'm only at 3.8k Hp due to gear restrictions >.>

That's not low the fuck lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I once used to play an Aegis build too. That thing is so op and broken that I got bored of PoE and took a break. I could literally facetank everything and 99% of the times I could go afk, yes it's that broken. Dunno how GGG hasn't nerfed the heck out of this thing by now.

When I decided to play again, I sold it and now I continue to play less tanky builds as the challenge is what keeps my motivation up.
AEGIS TRIVIALIZES THE GAME and everyone who says that you need crazy passive tree commitment for it just blatantly lies. Aegis, Bringer of Rain, Rainbowstrides, Stone of Lazhwar, Discipline, Templar area block nodes + ES/Armor nodes and Tempest Shield with Life Leech and you are 99% immortal.
Just combine some gear and BAM, you can literally clear anything this game has to offer. That thing could be said about many item combinations but Aegis kinda 'hyperscales' in that you need to balance Armor/ES and block chances in a certain ratio and suddenly you aren't only tanky but completely immortal. And those things are bad for the health of the game imo.

That's my stance on the item and I choose to not use it any further as I literally felt like cheating, I guess many people feel kinda the same about items like legacy Kaom's, Shavronne's and Soul Taker and whatever else out there is. GGG just forgot to put Aegis on this list of items.
Unarmed for life! (although I do like maces too recently)
Aegis is good but it's not the best. Due to having to get high block, having to get decent ES, having to get decent armor rating, having to wear certain gear for spell block, you either lack dps or you lack HP. There are builds out there that can do things an Aegis build can't because they just have too much HP and leech to not get 1 shotted. Being able to get 1 shotted is Aegis' worst drawback in end game.
As others have said, it's strong, but it doesn't seem broken to me.

Perhaps I just don't have as good a build, but chances are you're not doing the hardest maps (no offense meant). Have you done 75 or under with over 120% quant, not counting chisels? And regardless 75 are a lot easier than 76, 77, or 78... try a shrine where the whites hit for about 1-2k each. Certainly it's possible with Aegis, but one is hardly immortal.

Likewise, it takes quite a bit of gear and passives to work. If you can manage all those AND do good dps, chances are you have enough gear that Aegis is not the only build that would be strong for you.

IGN: Victario

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info