Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

Why do you take Passive Power Charge and Power Charge from bandit, when you don't even use PCoC?
"
Qraparta wrote:
Why do you take Passive Power Charge and Power Charge from bandit, when you don't even use PCoC?

my guess is that this build is using pcoc. just dont get why the op socketed 2 etheral knive gems in his body armour :D
Last edited by dan166 on Mar 11, 2014, 4:23:10 PM
The basic gem combinations are:

4-link Voll's: Barrage - CoC - Leech - EK
5-link other armor: as the above + PCoC

The rest depends on personal preferences.

PCoC is, of course, highly recommended. Double EK makes sense only if your CoC gem is at a low level (so if it doesn't proc one of the EK gems, it will probably proc the other one). At higher CoC levels, having 2 EK gems is ineffective.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
The basic gem combinations are:

4-link Voll's: Barrage - CoC - Leech - EK
5-link other armor: as the above + PCoC

The rest depends on personal preferences.

PCoC is, of course, highly recommended. Double EK makes sense only if your CoC gem is at a low level (so if it doesn't proc one of the EK gems, it will probably proc the other one). At higher CoC levels, having 2 EK gems is ineffective.

I'm currently using Tabula Rasa so which gems should I use. My Chain - PCoC - EK - EK - CoC are all level 17. Should I only use 1 EK ?
Can we use wands with more than 1.5 APS? What are the advantages/disadvantages?
IGN: Aristona
"
Qraparta wrote:

I'm currently using Tabula Rasa so which gems should I use. My Chain - PCoC - EK - EK - CoC are all level 17. Should I only use 1 EK ?

I already answered that, but since you have Tabula, you can try whatever gem combo you want and see for yourself what works best.

CoC used to be able to activate multiple gems of the same type, so people were linking 2-3 EK gems to it and melting everything. They reworked it and that is no longer the case.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Have the option to trade my tabula rasa for a 5L voll's should I?
Eh. I wouldn't. Voll's halves your mana, takes hundreds of chromatics to color right and has so little defense you may as well go with the 6 white sockets and PCoC.
Last edited by feyith on Mar 12, 2014, 12:54:24 AM
Is the build good for killing bosses efficiently? Merci Dominus, 74 map bosses? I have a build that is built to clear packs rather nicely, but against bosses is where it struggles.

Edit: Also, if the build cannot handle phys reflect, why even bother getting Vaal Pact then? Unless what I'm reading in your main OP is out of date, since you still have lightning coil with 2 ek's in it...

And thoughts on EB? Would it be useful for anything?
-[2.0] Tokyo's CoC Hybrid Damage Frostblader ---> view-thread/1401907
-[2.0] The Samurai (2H Crit Katana Wild Striker) ---> view-thread/1368690
-[2.0] Dyadus Elemental Wild Strike - Cheap and Beginner friendly! ---> view-thread/1394595
Last edited by TokyoToho on Mar 12, 2014, 2:53:54 AM
"
feyith wrote:
Eh. I wouldn't. Voll's halves your mana, takes hundreds of chromatics to color right and has so little defense you may as well go with the 6 white sockets and PCoC.

I tend to disagree, Voll's lets you use Cold Snap which is an awesome skill and permafreezing almost everything is actually a huge survivability boost. I'd definitely prefer it to Tabula. A good rare or unique chest piece will have advantages to Voll's, but not a Tabula.

As for the halved mana, this build spends very little of it anyway - if you have enough unreserved mana left to cast barrage, you're good to go.

"
Fangs wrote:
Is the build good for killing bosses efficiently? Merci Dominus, 74 map bosses? I have a build that is built to clear packs rather nicely, but against bosses is where it struggles.

Edit: Also, if the build cannot handle phys reflect, why even bother getting Vaal Pact then? Unless what I'm reading in your main OP is out of date, since you still have lightning coil with 2 ek's in it...

And thoughts on EB? Would it be useful for anything?

When I was still playing, I went up to level 72-73 maps and killed everything pretty quickly with this setup.

For survivability against the tougher bosses:

as supporting attack.

And, yes, this build is a complete faceroll against packs and struggles against some bosses, but if you cheese them with skeletons everything is doable. For example, I could do the Museum bosses with rather mediocre gear and no chaos resist whatsoever by pulling them one by one. The chaos damage boss would almost one-shot me, but he would never hit me more than once anyway because of the skeletons and I healed up pretty quickly.

About VP: I stopped playing with the CoC shadow just before the VP changes, so I don't know how the new VP will work, but I can tell you leech alone was quite good pre-1.1 and I could handle phys reflect packs easily with a granite flask. I would swap around some gems and run phys maps with LMP+Fireball just to avoid the occasional double reflect pack and having to spam the granite flask all the time.

EB: it's always nice with Cloak of Defiance, but one of this build's main advantages is that it uses very little mana so you can run with 3 auras + clarity on life and not worry about mana at all.

About the OP's build: yes, it's a bit outdated and I think he's not playing it either.

So, you are following a build by a guy who stopped playing it long ago and are being given advice by another guy who is playing a new build in the new patch :D
Last edited by Bars on Mar 12, 2014, 3:39:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info