Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

I can't give you some type of cookie-cutter answer for the 6th link, because, besides skeletons, I don't think there is one. Life gain on hit works only with attacks, it doesn't apply to spells (read the skill tooltip, it says "attacks").

I am extremely fond of my Cold Snap as a 6th link (assuming 5-link Volls = 6-link other armor), it's very, very powerful... but, again that's only with Volls. I guess you could play around with:
- Fireball: a significant single-target damage boost
- Arc: for shocking and some more damage
- Curse: for lazier playing and cursing anything you shoot at
- Chain: as I've said, I really dislike it since that build's main strength is clearing packs quickly anyway and the main weakness is against single targets, not to mention the 200% mana multiplier

I think the best DPS increase will be faster attacks, but it will also significantly increase mana cost.

Anyway, try and see for yourself what you like best.

As for the free 4-link spot, since you can't use CoC skeletons, I think blood magic - faster casting - summon skeletons - totem would be a great idea.

Also, I strongly recommend enfeeble instead of crit weakness or, if you insist on an offensive curse, projectile weakness because it improves not only damage, but accuracy, and accuracy is calculated twice for criticals.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 12, 2014, 12:49:18 PM
"
BoswerLK wrote:
"
Fangs wrote:
Is the build good for killing bosses efficiently? Merci Dominus, 74 map bosses? I have a build that is built to clear packs rather nicely, but against bosses is where it struggles.

Edit: Also, if the build cannot handle phys reflect, why even bother getting Vaal Pact then? Unless what I'm reading in your main OP is out of date, since you still have lightning coil with 2 ek's in it...

And thoughts on EB? Would it be useful for anything?

I played a modified non-VP build of it (so I could run grace hatred and low clarity on mana, and easily switch out into purity of X for extra max res on hard map bosses) that consistently runs dom in 4 minutes, skipping most mobs cuz evas are pricks. piety takes 4-5 minutes, killing everything in the way. this was before barrage buff, so times should be quicker now. been playing new leagues though, so I can't give you data on it

temple piety requires surgeon's topaz. finding her early is recommended so you can run away and refill flasks on regular mobs and come back fully loaded. switch out clarity for purity of lightning helps a lot too of course

never did 76+ maps, cuz map progression is bullshit. but pre 76, the only boss I'm terrified of is villa caliga. he just kites you all day and there's nothing you can do about it cuz desync + barrage's small cone of fire = you're just never touching him ever

other maps is pretty standard stuff for ranged. enfeeble, run away, get skel totem up, then turret mode the boss to death when it's busy fighting your infinitely replenishing skel army

original build probably couldn't handle reflect cuz he used 3 unis and had 150% life from tree... I used full rares, and could handle up to double reflect + vuln, though just barely. any more than that I probably would've killed myself...so I just pretend to be a regular wander until I can confirm there's no reflect rare there if I'm doing a phys reflect map in a pug, cuz of course, people like to do dumb things. like vuln and shock stack reflect packs

VP is better now than ever, imo. being able to use flasks and it not being in the middle of nowhere is huge. 60% reduction is nothing compared to reduction of regular life leech. so in a way, VP was actually massively buffed

Well, in comparison to the new mechanics its a buff, but compared to pre-1.1 VP, it still lost its effectiveness somewhat since now you'll have to carry life flask to make up for the 60% lost, and have to manage that now instead of just facerolling everything without a care. But I'll guess I'll stick with VP then for now, getting it near the very end of the build to see how life is without it, then with it.

Conc. effect wouldn't effect EK right? Would Added Fire Damage be a good 6-link gem since it should effect EK? I could see it as a single target slot, swapping out chain for bosses., if decided to use chain in the setup.

Also, would Immortal Call help mitigate reflect damage? Since you will get hit once the initial hit, then gain immunity for a few seconds, which should be more than enough to clear a reflect pack/rare. I use a lv8 IC on my infernal blow build and it does wonders, though you'd lose around 1 second in this build due to less endurance charges.

-[2.0] Tokyo's CoC Hybrid Damage Frostblader ---> view-thread/1401907
-[2.0] The Samurai (2H Crit Katana Wild Striker) ---> view-thread/1368690
-[2.0] Dyadus Elemental Wild Strike - Cheap and Beginner friendly! ---> view-thread/1394595
Added fire damage sounds like a great idea, I didn't even think about it. I guess added chaos damage would also be nice with the additional benefit of not having to worry about elemental reflect.

CwdT + IC is a tried and tested method, I wasn't using it simply because the granite flask was always enough for single reflect packs and, as I said, I swapped spells for phys reflect maps.

Concentrated effect would work for fireball, I haven't even considered it for EK and I'm fairly certain it won't effect it since it's a multiple projectile spell, it doesn't have an AOE component.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
cwdt-IC should be core, imo, for all multihit phys crit builds. otherwise you'd have to deal with the possibility that eventually all 4 EKs will crit into a high hp reflect pack and you instagib yourself through even 50k armor

conc doesn't work. and add fire is a terrible idea, even in tabula. I would personally prefer q add acc or faster attacks, cuz enemy fire res is bullshit in this game, and 74+ map bosses start packing some serious evade, and I'd really like to have consistent leech against them. but for pure single target theoretical dps, fireball gives much more damage than add fire anyways (~90% of EK's base damage and a higher crit chance vs a mere 39%)

life flasks are good. seething is op. also lets you regen in no regen and chaos dot maps with surgeon hallowed. old VP with a build like this where rng can easily screw you over with long strings of noncrits, leaving you with no leech to offset whatever damage you take, is basically just accepting eventual death. with flasks though, you can just mash on seething whenever you're in trouble

then again I play both hc and sc, so I probably plan for worst case scenarios more than I really need to for my sc builds...
Hi im currently following a different COC build.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/824727/page/1/#p7143753

That one. I enjoy it but i have a friend following your build and it looks fun as well. The thing is i cant afford to make another character so i was hoping you could make a skill tree for me that allows me to use his coc with firestorm or icenova (which ever you think would benefit me more) and your EK. Also his build revolves around using Theifs torment and getting life and mana back from the cyclone skill itself. which inst that reliable. How can i incorporate EK into my build. Because your barrage costs you about 14 mana. My cyclone costs me around 78. Sorry if you have to go through trouble for me its just i cant follow your build since i have no currency to start again but i do have regrets to edit my tree.
"
Bars wrote:
"
feyith wrote:
Eh. I wouldn't. Voll's halves your mana, takes hundreds of chromatics to color right and has so little defense you may as well go with the 6 white sockets and PCoC.

I tend to disagree, Voll's lets you use Cold Snap which is an awesome skill and permafreezing almost everything is actually a huge survivability boost.

Hence PCoC in the 6th link. :)

I always like Tabula Rasa for testing skill gem combos, especially for newbies who don't know what they'll like yet.
Which is the highest level you have reached with this build? And how are you going with survivability on reflect maps?

Also, why dont you take mind drinker passive?

Just want to start this build, I have a shadow lvl 83 with full respect waiting :)
"
DiegoK wrote:
Which is the highest level you have reached with this build? And how are you going with survivability on reflect maps?

Also, why dont you take mind drinker passive?

Just want to start this build, I have a shadow lvl 83 with full respect waiting :)

Read the last 5-10 pages, that should let you know how it deals with reflect.

You can't take mind drinker since it's physical attack, not just any physical. So you'll only leech from your barrage, aka, your wand's damage, and not EK's. Not worth the point, and apparently, this build doesn't have much mana issues.
-[2.0] Tokyo's CoC Hybrid Damage Frostblader ---> view-thread/1401907
-[2.0] The Samurai (2H Crit Katana Wild Striker) ---> view-thread/1368690
-[2.0] Dyadus Elemental Wild Strike - Cheap and Beginner friendly! ---> view-thread/1394595
edit: item giveaway post, everything is given/reserved
Last edited by Bars on Mar 14, 2014, 3:19:15 AM
So, what is the higher level you have reached with this build? D:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info