Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

About chain not rerolling crit: yeah, I'm not exactly an expert on chain since I tried it for a while and decidedly didn't like it. And I see no point in gimping your damage on purpose to deal with reflect, I never had issues with reflect anyway, a granite flask of iron skin + a flask of reflexes have always been enough to mitigate reflect damage. Didn't even have to use cwdt + immortal call.

@aristona37: you can replace it with whatever you want, I assumed you wanted to add life leech since that was your question - "which gem to replace for life leech".
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 10, 2014, 3:57:33 PM
Hey Guys,

Noobie here. When you're talking about gem lvl, are you saying not to upgrade it past a certain point even when its ready?

How do you know how much more mana one gem is using over another?

I'm confused about why you keep barrage under lvl 10?

Can you specify which gems and at what lvl would be the most efficient?

Sorry for so many questions - this is my first REAL attempt at a build!

Thanks and good luck everyone!
You can search any skill in gamepedia and see a table with all of its stats, including mana requirement per level.

It's pointless to level barrage because this build doesn't deal any damage with the barrage itself and leveling it won't change that. Generally, you will want to level all gems unless you want to use them later in combination with a cast when damage taken support gem (CwdT doesn't work with gems which have a higher level requirement than its own).

Some spells, like curses, become very expensive in terms of mana and you might want to not level them past a certain point, unless you'll cast them with blood magic or with cast on critical. I prefer that method because leveling curses makes them much better.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 10, 2014, 4:05:03 PM
Why u want get +accuracy with EK? Its Spell and always Hit
"
Cobrastar wrote:
Why u want get +accuracy with EK? Its Spell and always Hit

It's for the barrage, not for the EK. It's a good option if your chance to hit isn't good.
"
BoswerLK wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
edit: you wrote within my quote and confused the shit out of me

About lvl 15 barrage: not saying you can't, it's just not worth it. You might have to increase clarity level to sustain it, and you don't gain anything.

"
aristona37 wrote:
Can someone review my gear? I need 3 more levels for vaal pact but I have no idea which gem should I replace for lifesteal.

Remove chain. It doubles your mana cost and it nerfs EK damage against single targets. I wouldn't use chain even if I could get it for free as an additional 7-th link or something. Your AOE will still be great without chain. This gem is useful only if your crit chance isn't good because it guarantees more procs, and your crit chance should be great with these items.

chains don't reroll crit. crit is rolled once when you fire and once only. chain is for purposely gimping your own spike damage so you can mitigate more reflect via cwdt-ic, so you can stack more crit multi and spell damage. and even more EK range from q chain is nice as well for clearing packs you haven't actually seen yet

you can always swap it out or just straight take it off for map bosses

that said...he has neither impressive multi nor spell damage. replace chain with life leech, it's a waste of a slot right now

I tried taking chain off. I no longer destroy mob packs quickly.

Should I use faster attacks or two EK?

IGN: Aristona
"
aristona37 wrote:

can't stack ek. arctic breath or fireball imo
well, your EK is only level 16. just leave chain on if you need the aoe dps, it's more than what a second spell would give
How do you guys survive in merciless? I can do the damage but I literally have no survivability cause of the lack of life sustain.. I have the basic 4-link setup: Barrage - CoC - EK - Power Charge on Critical and can kill most mobs in 1 hit.

It seems that I can't progress well on this build without life leech and I have absolutely no currency whatsoever to purchase a 5-link or a Tabula Rasa in Ambush.. I really don't want to roll a searing bond + flamebast char >_>
Last edited by SenpaiTypeBeat on Mar 10, 2014, 11:05:18 PM
"
aristona37 wrote:

If your only goal is to destroy packs quickly, chain is the best option. I dislike it because of its significant drawbacks. When your EK and your character level up, you will one-shot almost everything anyway and really won't need chain.

"
How do you guys survive in merciless? I can do the damage but I literally have no survivability cause of the lack of life sustain.. I have the basic 4-link setup: Barrage - CoC - EK - Power Charge on Critical and can kill most mobs in 1 hit.

It seems that I can't progress well on this build without life leech and I have absolutely no currency whatsoever to purchase a 5-link or a Tabula Rasa in Ambush.. I really don't want to roll a searing bond + flamebast char >_>

*sigh*

Do you guys read, like, even the last page of a thread you're writing in?

For the 10th time - look at that gem setup (no, it's not the main attack, it's a method to chain-cast the linked spells for next to no mana):

The main difference between this and other methods of casting, besides being almost free, is that when barrage crits, you will summon the full limit of skeletons at once and right on top of your target. When you level them, they will become actually tanky with your auras. Hello, free meatshield.

If you feel lazy and can spare a link in your main attack, you can directly place summon skeletons there and finishing Merciless will become laughably easy, if with a bit less damage.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 11, 2014, 3:03:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info