1.0.2 Microtransaction Videos and Damage Over Time Changes

How does Adders Touch now effect DoT? The way I see it...

1) Roll damage for Initial hit using increased damage modifiers
2) Gain finished initial damage
3) Apply
4) Roll damage for a 10% chaos damage attack based off of the finished initial damage using increased damage modifiers again due to it being a separate attack
5) Gain finished Chaos Damage
6) Apply

Did I get that right?

Because the way i see it...that suddenly adds a far bit of damage for 1 passive... 100% increased damage (low to mid in my eyes) makes that 1/5 extra that completely bypasses shields and most of a mobs resistance. And that's just a FLAT increase. That's a hell-of-a-lot of damage for 1 point.

IF it does indeed work this way.
Do critical hits also scale the DoT effects?
IGN: Tatzelveln
All of these cool new features, and still nothing is being done to the desync problem. Why don't you spend time on that?
IGN: Archet
Nononono, you're missing the whole point: if i read correctly, not burning damage nodes increase only the fire damage dealt to enemies by FR, instead of both you and enemies

Time to make a RF build ASAP
"
mojoz wrote:
Feels like the DoT buff is a stealth nerf to Mind Over Matter given degen applies straight to health.

Is there any reason philoshically that MoM shouldn't protect you from DoT?

Because Mind over Matter protects you against damage when hit. DoTs don't hit you, they directly remove health from your health pool, bypassing MoM this way.
"
iamstryker wrote:
Don't really know what to make of the DoT changes at first glance.

Well, DoT spells and attacks will do more damage.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Raise your redbeaks ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
So I read through all the responses, and a lot of people are confused.

What I expect from this patch is that "x% Increased Fire Damage" will continue to affect a fire skill but also the fire damage over time from ignition will now benefit from this increase.

I was under the impression it always affected the fire damage over time, being as the burn is a product of the initially increased damage amount - the change seems that it will not only affect it indirectly as before, but directly now as well.

I think this is why the change seems unclear to us.

After the patch if I understand this correctly, with 50% Increased Fire Damage if I deal x damage to a monster with fire damage which if ignited they immediately begin to burn - the initial hit will remain unchanged but instead of burning for x damage over 3 seconds (for the sake of example they have 0% increased burning damage) they will now burn for x*1.5 damage over 3 seconds.

I also assume that this will work retroactively with things that reduce fire resistance, the fire damage over time should now be increased as well.

What remains unclear

1. Will increases to "Elemental Damage" increase the fire damage over time now.
2. can proliferated status affects such as fire damage over time be considered "area damage"

A clarification on some of our concerns would be amazing :)

Thanks for your work and the interesting patch, once I concur the realm of burning I plan to dive into a hard hitting puncture flee combo build. I've loved the majority of changes since release, great work.

"
Chris wrote:
Damage over time is not spell damage, nor attack damage, so modifiers specific to those types will not apply.

[...]

for example, increased area damage and increased projectile damage will both apply to the poison clouds from Poison Arrow, as it fills an area and is an effect of a projectile.

How can you say that the Poison Arrow cloud is the effect of a projectile, but not the effect of an attack?
"
Cudez wrote:
the most cryptic news ever.

please write a new version of this post with abit more simple definitions of "x" and "y".

Best,
Cudez

I understand everything fine.
>=====,',','
MASTER?! MASTER?! WHERE THE DREAMS THAT I'VE BEEN AFTER!!?
',',',=====<

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info