1.0.2 Microtransaction Videos and Damage Over Time Changes

Previously, modifiers to damage dealt only applied to damage on hits unless they specifically said otherwise (for example, Increased Burning Damage).

As of 1.0.2, generic modifiers to damage dealt will now apply to damage over time that your character causes. Damage over time is not spell damage, nor attack damage, so modifiers specific to those types will not apply. Non-specific "increased damage" modifiers will apply to damage over time. Type-specific modifiers will apply as well. For example, "increased fire damage" modifiers will apply to fire damage over time.

Modifiers based on how the damage is dealt will apply as appropriate - for example, increased area damage and increased projectile damage will both apply to the poison clouds from Poison Arrow, as it fills an area and is an effect of a projectile.

Viper Strike can be supported by Melee Splash, now that the damage penalty also applies.

Damage conversion does not apply to damage over time.

The changes in this patch apply to most damage over time in the game (i.e. both players and monsters).

One exception is that damage increases will not apply to damage over time that you cause on yourself. For example, having 100% increased damage won't make the chaos damage over time from Blood Rage more powerful.

Note: This is a functional change to Righteous Fire. Previously this skill did increase the burning damage on you by your increased burning damage modifiers. Increased burning damage will still affect the burning on enemies.

Magic, Rare and Unique monsters have a damage bonus built into their rarity - this will now also apply to any damage over time they cause.

On-hit effects do not apply to damage over time.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Nov 26, 2013, 12:10:04 AM
Your Seraph and lightning bat links both lead to the Seraph microtransaction!
"
TehChipdip wrote:

Fixed, thanks :)
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Soooo,

What determine's Viper Strike's base DoT?
Tin foil hats are a lie propagated by the aluminium industry.
Chris does Magic Find now work if a monster is killed by DoT?
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
"
Chris wrote:
"
TehChipdip wrote:

Fixed, thanks :)

Now we can see the beauty of the bat! Wonderful update by the way!
so if im understanding correctly then increased physical dmg with xxxx weapon should effect puncture's dot?
Don't really know what to make of the DoT changes at first glance.
Standard Forever
DoT changes add a ton of new possiblities. This is great news!
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
I see many more viper strike builds popping up soon

Edit: first time on first page, nice. So what does this mean for puncture? Is there anything that will increase it's dot? I imagine bleeding is not affected by physical modifiers the same way burning would be by fire modifiers. Or am I wrong?
I can see your / Back is turned and / If I could I'd / Stick my knife in.
Crawl Away, TOOL

Don't get hacked. Make a new email for your account and use a long password.
Last edited by Xalmaren on Nov 26, 2013, 12:21:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info