1.0.2 Microtransaction Videos and Damage Over Time Changes

"
Modifiers based on how the damage is dealt will apply as appropriate - for example, increased area damage and increased projectile damage will both apply to the poison clouds from Poison Arrow, as it fills an area and is an effect of a projectile.

I predict this will cause a lot of confusion. Since when are clouds considered projectiles? Who thinks that's "appropriate," and what do they think that word means?
adders touch bros
AW SHIET YO Viper strike builds inc
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
first page!

edit: boo second page
Last edited by DemJs on Nov 26, 2013, 12:19:07 AM
"
Shodal wrote:
so if im understanding correctly then increased physical dmg with xxxx weapon should effect puncture's dot?

They already do, puncture is based on weapon damage. I don't think they'll be allowing it to double dip.
"
For example, "increased fire damage" modifiers will apply to fire damage over time.

does this mean that ignite now scales quadratically with increased fire damage?
Last edited by lilithdies on Nov 26, 2013, 12:30:56 AM
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:
"
Modifiers based on how the damage is dealt will apply as appropriate - for example, increased area damage and increased projectile damage will both apply to the poison clouds from Poison Arrow, as it fills an area and is an effect of a projectile.

I predict this will cause a lot of confusion. Since when are clouds considered projectiles? Who thinks that's "appropriate," and what do they think that word means?

I guess cause as burning arrows damage increases from generic projectile damage, which would cause an effect of a projectile attack to deal DoT and then have that DoT increased by the generic projectile damage modifier, it then makes sense for the same to apply to poison arrows cloud. The cloud is an effect of the projectile skill the same way burning ground is an effect of fire trap, it doesn't need to be totally separated from modifiers.

I'd much prefer the new poison arrow over the current implementation.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Last edited by Wooser69 on Nov 26, 2013, 12:24:09 AM
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:
"

The statement doesn't say the cloud is a projectile. I imagine it has to do with the way the code was written and them not wanting to write a special case just for 1 skill.
**** Modifiers based on how the damage is dealt will apply as appropriate - for example, increased area damage and increased projectile damage will both apply to the poison clouds from Poison Arrow, as it fills an area and is an effect of a projectile. ****

Does this mean fire trap AoE now benefit from trap, spell and fire modifiers?
Still a bit confused..
so for explosive arrow.. will increased projectile damage increase the burning damage as well??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info