1.0.2 Microtransaction Videos and Damage Over Time Changes

If I got the right impression of GGG from my limited playtime, I'm sure they will offer everyone a free Pilgrim Hat as an apology ;)

Seriously though, I can't see them delaying it for too long.

Hope you had fun at the party bros!
There is a problem with these patchnotes...
Nobody really knows for sure what that means^^

But if I get this right (Fire damage boosts the initial hit dmg and the burning dmg) this is the most utterly broken unbalanced patch I ever saw in any game...

So basically you already can 1-shot almost every boss with a crit fireball if u have enough crit dmg, conc effect and burning dmg but this is not enough, so you also boost fire dmg?

Burning dmg nodes/support gem will be pretty much useless, because fire dmg (and maybe even elemental dmg) does the same thing but also boosts the initial hit.
So 'increased fire dmg' will be an 'increased' and a hidden 'more' multiplier in one cause the initial hit is the base dmg for the burning effect...

I think the other changes are pretty good (RF change, viper strike change), but the increased fire dmg change will lead to another unused stat (burning damage), less customizing because now u can boost your burning dmg with everything
"
azraelb wrote:

Burning dmg nodes/support gem will be pretty much useless, because fire dmg (and maybe even elemental dmg) does the same thing but also boosts the initial hit.
So 'increased fire dmg' will be an 'increased' and a hidden 'more' multiplier in one cause the initial hit is the base dmg for the burning effect...

i think burning damagr nodes and gems and searing touch would be greatly work tougether with increased fire dmg
no one need a big crits on HC so its just make viable burning builds on hardcore

Last edited by cislacoff on Nov 28, 2013, 9:04:14 AM
"
Brutus21 wrote:
"
Rydis1 wrote:
"
waffenheimer wrote:

NOT A SINGLE PERSON HERE.

how do people get this entitled... would you rather they patch the game with hangovers? which is more responsible???

who said anything about being entitled. GGG, like another other business, does have a responsibility to its clients. I didn't once say we were entitled to the patch tonight. But as a company, when you say something, you should follow through with it. They said they may take a day to properly test it, and would update us. They neither released the patch or updated us as they said they would because of partying.

Why do people feel the need to jump to conclusions to make themselves feel superior? All I said was it was irresponsible for a company to not follow through with what it says because they are partying. But please, continue with ignorant rants, you look so cool.

I totally agree with you, it is very irresponsible from GGG to not release the patch on time because of partying. You should ask for a refund.

Oh wait, they're doing all of this for free...

P.S. Where's your supporter tag? ;)

Congratulations on your 2nd grade reading level, where I said I didn't ask for the patch, but just an update. And dont have one. Doesn't mean I dont support the game, just that I never bought a pack when I bought something...so yeah..

And game being FtP doesn't exclude it from not being responsible to their clients. They are still a business.
"
cislacoff wrote:
"
azraelb wrote:

i think burning damagr nodes and gems and searing touch would be greatly work tougether with increased fire dmg
no one need a big crits on HC so its just make viable burning builds on hardcore

Well 'useless' is the wrong word. If u have spare points you should take them, because they are basically a 'more' dmg modifier.
But especially the big Fire dmg keynodes and +xx% fire dmg stats on gear will be much better, cause they increse the 'hit dmg' (wich is the base dmg of burn) AND they boost the burn dmg.

-> so % firedmg boosts 2 seperate multipliers at once while burning dmg only boosts 1 multiplier. Thats why you always should opt for firedamage before burning dmg with new patch.

And thats why crit is so important with a fire build imho. If you want to do burning dmg with ele profileration, then you need as much dmg per hit as possible.

That means
- fireball (1. choice without LMP or fork or anything that reduces the fireball dmg)
- Firetrap (High base dmg, but not spammable like fireball if u have bad luck and no trap burns...)
- Molten shell (really really high base dmg - imho the best potential for a burn build, but not controlable imho)
- Explosive Arrow (liked it a lot in beta after the big skill and quill rain nerfes - pretty fragile for the nerved dmg imho dont like it anymore)
- maybe detonate dead
- maybe Avatar of fire Infernal Blow
- maybe Avatar of fire Firearrow
- maybe Avatar of fire + cold to fire linked Ice Spear (if you want to crit (=burn) more often - but much less base dmg than fireball)

Crit multiplies your on-hit dmg sooo much that the base dmg for the burn effect together with %burn dmg wipes out whole groups with ele profileration and one-shots map bosses. (with dual curse and proper gear)
I either recommend going crit for burn or concentrate more on maximizing castspeed/AoE/more projectiles and other dmg mods and only use burn as welcome addition...
Last edited by azraelb on Nov 28, 2013, 11:56:20 AM
Why does he have to have a supporter tag? I'm willing to bet he's spent enough on micro's/tabs and such. I'm in the same boat, stop assuming people don't support this company. Besides, there is no requirement to do so....don't flash your cute little forum tag like you are bigger than someone else.

Oh this was directed at you brutus.
"
FerociousFeAr wrote:
Why does he have to have a supporter tag? I'm willing to bet he's spent enough on micro's/tabs and such. I'm in the same boat, stop assuming people don't support this company. Besides, there is no requirement to do so....don't flash your cute little forum tag like you are bigger than someone else.

Oh this was directed at you brutus.

Having a tag doesn't give your word any more worth.
Some people truly believe cause they pay for the game that their word has more meaning.
Prolly invested 100 bucks at this point but the first 9-10 months i've played this I didn't spend a dime.
Last edited by Vandenreich on Nov 28, 2013, 4:43:11 PM
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:
"
Modifiers based on how the damage is dealt will apply as appropriate - for example, increased area damage and increased projectile damage will both apply to the poison clouds from Poison Arrow, as it fills an area and is an effect of a projectile.

I predict this will cause a lot of confusion. Since when are clouds considered projectiles? Who thinks that's "appropriate," and what do they think that word means?

What he said is that the cloud is an effect of the projectile. Poison arrow is an arrow, which makes it a projectile. Projectile nodes now increase the initial hit which increases; in turn, the damage that the cloud does. In a similar way to puncture DoT being affected by the initial hit.

Or at least thats what I take from this :)
Doon Cuebiyari + Rightousfire = Game over now....
BEST GAME EVER
damage conversion dont apply? if i have my damage coverted to fire? dont i have more burning damage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info