1.0.2 Microtransaction Videos and Damage Over Time Changes

the most cryptic news ever.

please write a new version of this post with abit more simple definitions of "x" and "y".

Best,
Cudez
Who Are We? Where do we come from?
Last edited by Cudez on Nov 26, 2013, 12:40:51 AM
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:
"
Modifiers based on how the damage is dealt will apply as appropriate - for example, increased area damage and increased projectile damage will both apply to the poison clouds from Poison Arrow, as it fills an area and is an effect of a projectile.

I predict this will cause a lot of confusion. Since when are clouds considered projectiles? Who thinks that's "appropriate," and what do they think that word means?

well the aoe of a groundslam is hardly a melee attack from a certain perspective but its the result of a melee attack and for it to scale with melee is reasonable imo.

"
Hellpyre wrote:
"
Xalmaren wrote:
I see many more viper strike builds popping up soon

I see fewer, unless they buff the base. You don't get any %increased chaos damage nodes :'(

ya, not sure on viper, multistrike = damage nerf, melee splash = damage nerf... unless there is dot nodes Im not sure what would scale it. Le Heup maybe? hardly seems enough.
My fire trap Scion and my poison arrow Ranger are just so thrilled right now.
"
Cudez wrote:
the most cryptic news ever.

Yeah, I have a gut feeling they are somewhat uneasy about the DoT patch. But it seems the large buff to damage to some builds will be counter-acted by the large buff damage all DoT mobs will get.

Bring on Degen Bears 2.0 :)
from what i'm hearing, elemental equilibrium + quill rain + explosive arrow build is still going to be as utterly gamebreaking as it is now, if not more so as we'll be able to increase the burning damage even further.

with regards to viper strike, if you apply 4 charges to an enemy with splash, then strike that enemy with the non-splash hit, do the any or all of the charges get 'upgraded' to the less penalized damage over time or do they remain the same, forcing you to wait until they wear off and then re-applying them?

other than those two concerns, sounds like one hell of a patch, really looking forward to storm call especially and finding out if a pure PA build is viable.
Thena Moga ripped me apart everytime with her viper strikes. Now I won't be able to even blink before she kills me. Oh boy.
"
I won't be Splashing with Viper, even though my protestations against full damage Viper Splash probably have something to do with all this. It just cheapens the skill required to use the skill in my opinion, but at least now it does so appropriately.

My issue will be more with how Viper Strike and Multistrike interact, given that Mstrike isn't diluting the poison onto multiple targets at once, so to speak, merely doling it out faster than usual.

36% less damage per viper stack is pretty significant, given you can only stack 4 per mob.

Agreed, I've always loved multistrike+Viper Strike, but now I'm not sure if it will be worth socketing multistrike into the equation or spending that extra time to add the stacks myself. More things to experiment with, I suppose.
IGN: Frostveil
Also: does this mean that the bonus of fire damage on weapons (Searing Touch) gets applied with the explosion of the skill AND the burn afterwards if you happen to ignite the enemy? I guess the value skyrocketed again.
Last edited by Cirie on Nov 26, 2013, 12:46:45 AM
"
Vinifera7 wrote:
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:
"
Modifiers based on how the damage is dealt will apply as appropriate - for example, increased area damage and increased projectile damage will both apply to the poison clouds from Poison Arrow, as it fills an area and is an effect of a projectile.

I predict this will cause a lot of confusion. Since when are clouds considered projectiles? Who thinks that's "appropriate," and what do they think that word means?

I agree. It seems completely arbitrary, not "appropriate".

Note that the original post says the cloud is "an effect of a projectile" not that the cloud itself is a projectile.

Some examples of clouds that are "effects of a projectile":

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Nov 26, 2013, 12:59:38 AM
What, if any dot effects, does elemental damage effect? Fire is elemental, but I don't know if the burn would also be considered elemental.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info