1.0.2 Microtransaction Videos and Damage Over Time Changes

"
Magic, Rare and Unique monsters have a damage bonus built into their rarity - this will now also apply to any damage over time they cause.

I have a bad feeling were going to see carrion queen all over.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
I won't be Splashing with Viper, even though my protestations against full damage Viper Splash probably have something to do with all this. It just cheapens the skill required to use the skill in my opinion, but at least now it does so appropriately.

My issue will be more with how Viper Strike and Multistrike interact, given that Mstrike isn't diluting the poison onto multiple targets at once, so to speak, merely doling it out faster than usual.

36% less damage per viper stack is pretty significant, given you can only stack 4 per mob.

It would depend on things like your aps and the health of the target, it's a nerf to the way it is now, but with a slow weapon it might still be a DPS boost if you don't already have a lot of atk spd on gear/from passives.
"
FuzzySets wrote:
What, if any dot effects, does elemental damage effect? Fire is elemental, but I don't know if the burn would also be considered elemental.

According to Chris, burning damage and fire damage over time are the exact same thing, so burning damage is elemental damage.

Greetings all,

Could someone from GGG please post an example of how the DoT now works?

That is, using numbers (such as the fireball example).

Thanks,
Matt.
There are 10 types of people. Those that know binary, and those that dont.
"
Cirie wrote:
Thena Moga ripped me apart everytime with her viper strikes. Now I won't be able to even blink before she kills me. Oh boy.

RIP everyone in Nemesis.
"
dspair wrote:
"
Cirie wrote:
Thena Moga ripped me apart everytime with her viper strikes. Now I won't be able to even blink before she kills me. Oh boy.

RIP everyone in Nemesis.

Vile Touch is actually an affix now? Huh.

Can't wait for all the life based Vaal Pact Discharge builds to go out with their buffed fire damage and get wrecked by viper strike / vile touch mobs.
So what about the bug that prevents IIQ & IIR gems from being applied to mobs that die from DoTs? Seems appropriate to fix that in the DoT patch.
What about more damage modifiers like point blank?
Does elemental damage (nodes near the templar) also apply to burn?

If yes, what about elemental domination (first witch notable in the cast section)?
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Last edited by faerwin on Nov 26, 2013, 1:14:49 AM
Unless you have tuned down monster damage for relevant skills, puncture/bleed is going to be completely out of control now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info