GPU heavy overheating?

I have ati radeon 7770, it usuallly stay at 50-60C, but when i enter some map (forgot the name) it goes up to 72, and it starts lagging... Check up ur game, some years back game named Cabal online melted ATI cards, i dont know why...
Ign SacredThief
im still having issues with bsod, video card shuts down some maps makes temps go over 105c and thats the threshhold for gtx 470 i think, when i play in a party its worse, siting in act2 town over heats it, dont got an issue with any other game, i turned off shadows turn on vsync in nvidia ctr panel and its caped at 60 fps does nothin for overheating card tho...
CPU: Intel i7 920 @ 4.2ghz- water cooled
Ram : 6 gig corsair Dominator GT 2000 mhz
Mobo: EVGA 760E classified, water cooled
GPU: tri sli gtx 470s
SND: Creative X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty champion
HD: 2x Intel 80 gig SSDs in raid, 2 640 gig for storage
Network: 10mb wireless
I have Geforce GTX550 ti - Temp reaches 100C and my pc freeze :(
In my experience control panel VSYNC doesn't work with PoE, at least with my nvidia GTX560Ti. Using ingame Vsync option is the only way. I also recommend setting AA and AF to the lowest value and if you can live with it, deactivate shadows.
radeon 6670, 3 dumps on 1 hours. ill wait fix of this bag.
Guys do somethink with that before open beta i will be good...
We want play.
And is not about FPS , is about overheating!
I have Vsyn On but my laptop still make more FPS then i need, and i can cooking on him.
This could be an important issue to look into. I'm using a 7970 and the fan goes on 100% when the game is launched and when it's in game. Only time I hear a reduction is fan speed is when the loading screen is on.

Nothing I've taxed the GPU on has done this, and that includes Skyrim, Dishonored, Borderlands 2 on max settings. Something to do with certain settings and ATI cards I presume? It's worrisome to hear my card being overworked like this.
Cheers!
L F J
Idk how you guys are having these problems you might need to take a can of air and clean out the video card or reapply some new thermal paste on the card i am running a 7870 2 gig card and this game stays at 45c at all times so try that also make sure all of the fans in the computer case if you have more then 5 fans are in push/pull configuration i run BF3 all day long and my card never go's above 50c

Amd fx-6100
As-rock 990fx
8 gig's corsair 1600
Gigabyte 7870 2 gig
Antec kuhler H20 620
5 fans in push pull config
So... I have a Radeon HD 6850, after installing and playing PoE heavily for 2-3 days straight, I tried watching an episode of a HD TV show. My graphics exploded on my monitor and I blue screened. Okay, I tried using a different media player, it worked... sort of. The video was choppy and the images lagged.
I tried playing Borderlands 2. Now my graphics explode roughly 5 minutes into the game every time.

I did not have these problems before playing PoE.
I am led to believe the game has physically ruined my computer component(s). I'll be doing more troubleshooting... I'm just disappointed that a game can actually do this.

I realize this is a risk I took playing a game that's still testing... but this is kinda sad. :[
My computer is no longer the same as it was. *Sigh....
My only wish is that I knew about capping the frame-rate and turning on v-sync to reduce the stress on my GPU before all this happened.
Running a GTX460, game's settings at max. Never goes above 62C while playing, and it's in the middle of the very hot summer here (34C outside). I think either most people's hardware are dirty, or their PC cases don't have proper ventilation. Run MSI Kombustor and see what temps you reach. If it goes above 80C, there's definitely something wrong with your setups!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info