GPU heavy overheating?

"
Zottel1 wrote:
Hi,

my GPU is overheating too, especially at 'The Docks' Act 3. Temperature is at 88°C other areas are about 80°C. Other Games running with ~70°C.

System: Core i7 950
Gigabyte UD7
GTX 580
Monitor @120Hz

P.S.: If you need more information PM me.

Pretty much the same thing but a gtx 660 ti and I have my fps limited to 118 (120hz monitor as well). Same scenario too. Docks rapes my gpu more than anything else I do, other than spamming poison arrow.

This is the ONLY game I've played that my gpu fan annoys me the entire time. Believe me it's not the best looking game I've played either and I'm not talking about the art. Please fix it because it's most definitely an issue between the drivers and the game.

It's just not acceptable. I've dropped a good portion of money on this game. I feel I'm entitled to enjoy this great game without risking my hardware.
-ign rptd (Hardcore) _riptide (default and that's an underscore too)
Last edited by riptid3 on Feb 26, 2013, 11:43:17 PM
same here, 5850 heating up real fast. 90+ degrees on POE

but what i noticed is that when i use my msi afterburner, somehow the fan speed is affected. drops to 20% instead of 100% only on POE
IGN SioZuiMang
Last edited by cinnamong on Mar 1, 2013, 3:07:03 AM
its your soundcards guys had the same issue with mine, tried everything and nothing worked until i did the target fix and vcard runs at 60c all day on poe 1920x1200, i also took my cards apart and cleaned them and runs smooth now, and my top gpu was runing at 104c at 100% fan speed before.. gtx470 tri sli lol, and before my fan speed was declocking back to default automaticaly when i had it set to 100% so its definatly a driver issue

--softwareaudio -w
CPU: Intel i7 920 @ 4.2ghz- water cooled
Ram : 6 gig corsair Dominator GT 2000 mhz
Mobo: EVGA 760E classified, water cooled
GPU: tri sli gtx 470s
SND: Creative X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty champion
HD: 2x Intel 80 gig SSDs in raid, 2 640 gig for storage
Network: 10mb wireless
Last edited by epic12 on Mar 2, 2013, 8:22:26 PM
Any progress in that case?
Becouse im waiting to play..
epic12 it would be nice if you share with ither what you did exactly, it would help many of us alot
IGN Aliiya
I've been playing path of exile all week, progressing my witch and getting my first character into merciless and on hardcore, so I am pretty excited and nervous. I love this game. Sadly, after getting off work Friday morning, my graphics card started black screening me when I loaded path of exile and got to the login screen, at first I went ahead and made sure drivers were up to date, did a windows disk check and memory test. And tried out other games such as bioshock infinite and league of legends (all on max settings,) no problems. Then again, loaded path of exile, and crashed a couple times, then started getting blue screens complaining about AMD video drivers. Finally, I reformatted my computer, installed needed drivers and such, and then came back with the video card driver, which again started bugging out, until I removed the driver. I went ahead and ordered a replacement video card, and now just waiting until Tuesday, since orders and such aren't processed until Monday.

I am worried to play path of exile once I get my new video card after reading these threads even though I am avid fan of the game, got all my friends to play as well. I just hope I can get back into the game progress further in hardcore.

I was using a AMD 6970 card on a 3.2 Six core AMD with 16g ram.
im using asus gtx 560 Ti and i have the same problem with overheating ... Anybody knows what should i do ?? Pls
the "only" thing you could do i guess would be to check if drivers are up to date and limit the fps to 60 with vsync setting on or tools like dxtory
[IGN] "Zealotchen"
Last edited by Zealot_ on Jun 6, 2015, 11:34:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info