GPU heavy overheating?

Got a 5850 HD card. Same as everyone. It overheats with Vsync on. I'll try using the afterburner to manually manage my fan. I'll see if it works.
i have my 6870 with the same problem... not even BF3 get this temperature...
gtx 470 overheats crashes pc, and i dont have any issue with any other games, and vsync is on and working it gets over 104c fan speed maxed at 100% to lol, this is crazy needs fixed
CPU: Intel i7 920 @ 4.2ghz- water cooled
Ram : 6 gig corsair Dominator GT 2000 mhz
Mobo: EVGA 760E classified, water cooled
GPU: tri sli gtx 470s
SND: Creative X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty champion
HD: 2x Intel 80 gig SSDs in raid, 2 640 gig for storage
Network: 10mb wireless
Overheating problems here,too. My gf's laptop is weaker then mine with ATI Radeon HD Graphics 4500/5100 512MB and stands at 125 FPS all the time. My card is NVidia GT 520M 1GB. I got around 30 FPS.
With VSync on the card options and the game I get 45 FPS MAX. After 10-15 minutes my pc shuts down.
Laptop Specs :

System Model: Aspire 5750ZG
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version V1.21
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B950 @ 2.10GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 5996MB RAM
Video Card: GeForce 520M 1GB

I hope these problems will be fixed soon...
Last edited by tobeornottobe on Jan 25, 2013, 2:14:06 AM
i did some test and i got it to be stable at 70-90c after i turned off shadows, so i came to a conclution that the games got an issue with shadows with some gpus??
CPU: Intel i7 920 @ 4.2ghz- water cooled
Ram : 6 gig corsair Dominator GT 2000 mhz
Mobo: EVGA 760E classified, water cooled
GPU: tri sli gtx 470s
SND: Creative X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty champion
HD: 2x Intel 80 gig SSDs in raid, 2 640 gig for storage
Network: 10mb wireless
80-95 C is normal and absolut save for any GPU, my GPU has 65-70 in PoA, but when i play Crysis 2 i have 80-86C its no problem, my GPU is GTX460 and its 2 and a half year old.

My old 8800GTX640 in my other Rig, is more than 5 years old, and works on 85-95 C, little case, no perfect cooling, but no problems.

Last, Grafik cards cannot Overheating with good cooling system, check it with Furemark ( http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/ ), the hardest Benchmark for GPUs on Earth, nothing is harder than this, when you GPU is Overheating in this test, you have a bad cooling system, check it out and buy a new one.
Only a Bloody Sword,is a good Sword !
"
epic12 wrote:
i did some test and i got it to be stable at 70-90c after i turned off shadows, so i came to a conclution that the games got an issue with shadows with some gpus??

Nice observation. It was mentioned by the devs though. I turned the shadows off and the framerate jumped to 125 then stayed at 50-60, because of the VSync I guess. Still the shutdown happened.... ://

P.S. My GPU was running at 85-86C tops. :)
Last edited by tobeornottobe on Jan 25, 2013, 4:06:48 AM
Hey.
I have that same problem as you.
My graphic HD5730 GPU in my Laptop are overheats.
My Afterburner say i have 80-85C deegre on GPU.
I have all settings on low, no shadow , AA minimum, only resolution 1366x768 [full screen]
Even CCC setup are set at "more performance"
Before everythink been fine , my gpu even not that hot on battlefield 3.
And yes i have zalman cooling pad with one big fan.
Dear GGG,

why not implement a simple frame limiter, where every player can chose themself how high the max framerate should be?
I have y500 sli with dual gt650m Nvidia and i7. my GPU is at 60 degrees, however in PoE i get 80 degrees plus. I understand i do not need Sli for PoE, however it is overheating my CPU for some reason.
In Diablo 3, World of Tanks, World of Warplanes and some Stress Tests i do not have this problem.
Can you please take a look at it, or tell me what you might need from me for further investigation.
thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info