GPU heavy overheating?

no problems in other games and my idle temp is ok, arround 45-50º but when i play poe my gpu overheating to much, 80º even with shadows off, its this normal? my gpu is at 100% usage when play poe, i have an Ati 5770hd with latest drivers
PoE doesn't cap framerate, so you may want to turn Vsync on, which will cap it at 30/60fps. Your graphics card may be pushing itself too hard trying to maximize the framerate.
Balance & Design
i played another games that cant cap framerate and dont overheat my gpu like poe
If your GPU is overheating at all, no matter the task, it's probably worth taking your PC to a technician to be looked at. Under standard conditions and clean internals, your graphics card should never 'overheat'. #1 Cause is dust and nasty junk like that!
I have this same problem, my GPU gets abnormally hot when playing this game and I also have a card in the 5700 series, a 5750.
It's not really a problem yet, but if this persists it might be damaging to the GPU.
Last edited by Pingzioren on Dec 15, 2012, 5:18:04 AM
Hey, I have a ati 6970. I can run the game maxed out @ 200fps, but its not necessary, try turning on vsync and it should help your card a lot. You dont need any more than 60fps for this type of game.
ign - spybone add me up!
I've added a large case fan that directly moves air onto my card to keep it cool enough. If your card stays at 80*C for too long it may melt and die!
Level Designer/Dungeoneer

Always post a screenshot with /debug command entered into the chat window.

First stop for Common Technical Problems
when i turn on shadows i have 15-20º more, maybe a bug with 5000 ati series and shadows?
Hey, I have the same issue with my GPU. I'm using an ATI 5800 with latest drivers. Did activate vsync but this didn't change anything. The fan runs at 100% all the time. Seems to be some kind of bug with the 5000 series.
Maybe it's time to buy a new GPU... ;)
GGG, lot of people having overheating problems with ATI 5000 series, are you doing something about it? i really like poe but i wont damage my gpu... i dont have overheating problems in other games, and i play a lot of newest games

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info