Further Update to Map-only Uniques

"
nikoon wrote:
Question is, if I make the game easier to play for everybody (to make more money) does it make the game better?

on my first reaction i would say no. but if i think about it twice, more money would allow ggg to employ more talented people, release more content and fix long overdue problems in the game.

it's in the devs interest to need to keep the game interesting for the average player as well as for the experts. hiding build enabling uniques behind a difficulty wall like high level maps wasn' a good design decision.

as for "bad money": it's the symptom not the cause of a bad world where everything is evaluated of it's monetarization value. cause is that more and more people creating value don't get the appropriate profit from their work.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
nikoon wrote:
Why would I spent currency and risk my life to play hard maps?

"
VMP wrote:
To level up faster. a lv 76 map will be WAY more rewarding XP-wise whe compared to Piety. Hands down.

"
nikoon wrote:
Yep thats the only reason.

Lets not forget about all those expensive high ilvl item bases which you can easily sell for good currency. And all those rares that can have a potential "god" mods spawn on them. All of these not possible outside of (end-game) maps.

So you already get very good experience and very good items (white, magic and rares).
But now you want to get even more:
-the most powerful and demanded uniques;
-in the future maybe exalted, eternal and kalandra will be i76 and up map dropable;
-etc

So yea, it is stupid. Having the highest experience gained and all those high ilvl white, magic and rare items is more than enough incentive for running maps. Dont need to add uniques/currency/whatever to that list.

And i didnt even said anything about the "end-game-maps" being available to maybe only 10% of the playerbase. And only in some conditions: partying, trading. Solo doesnt even have a chance.
Pathetic
Last edited by mobutu on Nov 6, 2013, 4:12:08 AM
"
Whoaness wrote:
Is there a list of uniques that aren't in the league? Like Voll's Devotion was Onslaught only. Can we expect their return?

voll's devotion was not onslaught only.
2 uniques were Onslaught only :
Victario's Acuity
Death Rush.
2 others weere Ana only and 2 others Were Ana/On only ( Volls devotion is one of them)

I predict their return at the end of the new 4M leagues.
Anarchy/Onslaught T-Shirt Owner.
Trading Guide : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/519890
Killing Vaal merc with (600 life) : http://is.gd/qsgV9P [Open Beta]
Let's be Crazy: http://is.gd/TxxLsS / Old Suggestion: http://is.gd/Jd09W0
<< God blesses those who bless themselves >>
When will the Cyclone synchronize problem be solved? As well as the stuck problem, they are really annoyed.
"
VMP wrote:
"
nikoon wrote:
"
one 75 Map worth 1 exalt itself for example.
Rolling costs about 10 chaos at average (and 4 of those chisels.. )

And the only reward that you could expect is another map, which will lead you to lose new number of currency. Nothing special.
Maping MUST be more rewardable. Otherwise it will die / cos its safer, cheaper, easier to run Piety

100% agreed..

Lets farm Piety for 0 risk and 0 currency spent. Why would I spent currency and risk my life to play hard maps?

To level up faster. a lv 76 map will be WAY more rewarding XP-wise whe compared to Piety. Hands down.

Obvious, also high level items are rewards from maps. But in my eyes this is not enough. Cos for me, biggest goal in the game is wealth and isnt high level. And for the crafting (those high level items) - this is another thread, but they arent big goal too.
We all agree the cost/reward of rolling high maps is prohibitive to most of the players. This change probably had for goal to boost the reward of mapping. If the resposne of the player is so awefull it's not because the problem doesn't exist. It's because you tried to solve it by the wrong end. There is already a LOT of incentives to play maps. If most of the players don't do it, it's because the incentives are too random.(except for the xp gain, but you said it was not the purpose). So your next options are: either reducing the randomness ( +2/-2 for lvl of map drops in a map ?), or greatly lower the cost of rolling maps (increase currency drops in maps ?).
As usual GGG rarely disappoints. Thanks for taking the feedback into consideration.
Ya...

So basicly we are back to:

Rich buy shit load of chance orbs and have 100x times better chance to be richer by farming Dominus with 400 rarity 100 quantity

and

Solo players are still fucked coz top uniqies are still out of reach.

but

Solo players can drop top end uniques and sell them to rich farmers so they can farm faster and better :>>

Love it, cant wait till economy will be same shit as anarchy's was after one month :D
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
My problem is that I feel that the higher maps are not realistically obtainable for a person who primarily plays solo and doesn't do extensive trading. From what I understand, using large amounts of currency (exalted orbs, etc) on maps is almost mandatory at the high end. That is something that is prohibitively expensive for a solo player. I've got multiple level 80+ characters, and the highest maps I ever run are a few 72-73's, then I'm back running 66-68's. That essentially means, to me, that the best drops are forever barred from me just because I don't run in a six-man faceroll group sharing the expense of items then selling the raw white items on the AH to fuel more map construction. I just play the game.

The items I really want to get - Thunderfist, Void Battery, Votaxic Rift - just aren't ever going to be reachable. It doesn't matter how good my build is, how much I play, or what level my character is, with the current system I don't foresee ever being able to do 75+ maps, because I can't afford to spend exalted orbs on maps. And that is frustrating beyond words.

I love the passive tree, the challenge of making new builds, and the concept behind the endgame, but every time I start playing again after a break, I level a new toon or two, get to 75-80, run maps for awhile, hit a brick wall, and quit. I went through this exact process back in May, and now I'm doing it all over again. It's frustrating, and I'm already feeling the pointlessness of grinding maps again, knowing a bad streak of luck will send me back to the 66's to start all over, having never reached a point where I could see the highest content. Now, with items being locked to the maps I never get, it's even worse.

PLEASE change the map system somehow, so that challenge is the determining factor of running endgame maps, not currency availability.
I am not a fan of endgame 85+ characters since there are so many possibilities with making new builds and trying new stuff.
I didn't even know that i can't get good unique items outside maps. Damn! I will be very happy with very very very very low chance of getting the item outside map, but I'd like to have a at least a chance.

edit: yes, i am scrub, i play solo, i am casual gamer. I don't spend 12 hours a day in-game. I have a life.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Last edited by Marxone on Nov 6, 2013, 4:23:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info