Further Update to Map-only Uniques

Part of what's so prohibitive about maprolling (and thus the player perception of the endgame in general) is the mandatory Maze/packsize mods on many of them. Fixing this fundamental flaw with the endgame should take precedence over tuning boss droprates and unique tiers.
"
nikoon wrote:
"
one 75 Map worth 1 exalt itself for example.
Rolling costs about 10 chaos at average (and 4 of those chisels.. )

And the only reward that you could expect is another map, which will lead you to lose new number of currency. Nothing special.
Maping MUST be more rewardable. Otherwise it will die / cos its safer, cheaper, easier to run Piety

100% agreed..

Lets farm Piety for 0 risk and 0 currency spent. Why would I spent currency and risk my life to play hard maps?

100% Agree!
"
Caustic2 wrote:
I really don't know what the hell they are thinking coming up with a lot of these design decisions. Even without this change, the game is plagued by layers and layers and layers of uneeded RNG that are masqueraded as difficulty.

the random outcome (rng) is a method of balancing the game for nolifers as well as players with 1-2 spare hours a day. you need to motivate the (maybe skilled) average player while not allowing the kid which plays 10-12 hours a day on a high level mf character to dominate the ingame economy because that will discourage the average player to play at all.

now think who has more money to spend on your game, the nolifer or the hard working guy (of course there are also kids with alot of money)?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
JoannaDark wrote:
Ahh, as a solo player most often, i approve.

"
YOU ARE DOING THE SAME MISTAKE WHAT BLIZZARD DID, GIVE EVERYTHING TO EVERYONE.. YOU WILL REGRET THAT, GGG

I find this funny, I mean really? I played D3, seem as if Blizzard gave no one nothing. Cept the botters.

Have you played inferno before they nerfed it? Have u made paragon before they nerfed it? Have you farmed deadly act 3 for good legendaries, cause they dont drop in act 1, which was easier? What blizzard did? Exactly what GGG does, lets give everything to everyone, we need more whining kids to play it and make more money..

And last question have you ever played D3 hardcore??
"
nikoon wrote:
"

And the only reward that you could expect is another map, which will lead you to lose new number of currency. Nothing special.
Maping MUST be more rewardable. Otherwise it will die / cos its safer, cheaper, easier to run Piety

100% agreed..

Lets farm Piety for 0 risk and 0 currency spent. Why would I spent currency and risk my life to play hard maps?

To level up faster. a lv 76 map will be WAY more rewarding XP-wise whe compared to Piety. Hands down.
IGN Rampage = Petral_Throw
IGN Beyond = Petraso_mental
Best solution to make high level maps more rewarding is to simply add inherent rarity bonuses on all maps above a certain level. That way, rolling these maps would still be very expensive (infinitely more so than farming Piety) but the potential reward would be much greater.

As is, maps are only good for experience, however, if you are not shooting for the top spot on the ladder (which really is more of a personal achievement without much value outside of sheer bragging rights) and simply farming for fun then piety will always be the more economically sound option.

So, increase the potential gain for people who are playing high level maps and simply have the chance of high level uniques dropping outside of maps at a lower treshhold. That way players who are farming and sustaining high level maps (and spending a lot of currency rolling these maps) have a higher potential reward, while players who do not enjoy mapping can safely farm bosses with the occasional "OMGWTF"-drop.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Nov 6, 2013, 3:54:07 AM
"
VMP wrote:
"
nikoon wrote:
"

100% agreed..

To level up faster. a lv 76 map will be WAY more rewarding XP-wise whe compared to Piety. Hands down.

Yep thats the only reason. Is it enough to risk your life on hc and spen shit loud of currency? Wouldnt be easier just farming Piety and drop Kaom for hp boost /7k HP/ to lower the risk of dying?
Last edited by nikoon on Nov 6, 2013, 3:58:05 AM
"
Roleplayer wrote:
Didn't have a chance to reply to last thread, so might as well be here, since obviously devs are listening.
Gating uniques by map system is actually pretty good encouragement to participate in that part of the game. I just think that numbers needed a little bit of crunching. Restricting many drops to the only highest maps in game (and to rare/unique monsters at highest maps is shaky in my opinion). Something more reasonable like 68-70 maps for most of them, 66+ for some of them and maybe 71+ for the really best one or two) would make more sense and not incite that much anger. With some effort you should be able to go into 70 maps even if you are solo and selffound, so it should be ok.
Other than that, we play PvE mostly for that sense of legendary epic lewt (I guess) =) It's up to you to balance it that the reward is there, but also feels like it's a reward. You've tried one extreme, see where it went. But don't just bend over and go another extreme as it is not great at all either. Noone wants everyone to have 10x Kaom's each, that is for sure.

I support this statement as well.

Restricting some of the more powerful uniques to map-only drops (even if their ilvl technically would allow for non-map drop) is a great idea, both for curbing the flooding of the game with them from doing boss runs, and for encouraging map play. The big letdown in the announcement was only the prohibitively high ilvl requirements. Lowering them to somewhat more accessible levels is a much better idea, I'd say.

Also, I was surprised to see (and not to see) some of the uniques on the list. but that I leave totally at the discretion of the devs, I'm sure there were some reasons to include Mon'tregul's or Rathpith (of all things!) over BoR, Soul Taker or even Eye of Chayula.
Is there a list of uniques that aren't in the league? Like Voll's Devotion was Onslaught only. Can we expect their return?
Rolling / running maps and climbing up the map tiers is so much more difficult than doing Piety over and over. I hate to see the incentive for participating in maps lowered at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info