Today's Updates and some Media Coverage

just tried a dominus run on my facebreaker duelist, first time i jumped a portal for flask refill and came back, client crashed, complete with the "program has stopped responding, windows will now close the program" popup window. dont know if this was just bad timing on my part, or if it has something to do with dominus.
Great!!
"
Today we deployed a serverside-only patch that addresses some realm stability issues. We're still working on more improvements to better handle the sheer volume of new players. It's substantially more stable than the first week of Open Beta was!

Hi Chris, sorry if I'm posting the wrong place. Just wanted to say that I'm experiencing the same problem with connecting to login server as I did when the game was released. Not sure if it's todays 'patch', but I reckon it is.

Best regards

EDIT: Okay I'm in after about 30 login attempts, and a few restarts. Hope I'll stay connected ;)
Last edited by AleisterCrowley on Oct 29, 2013, 6:33:47 AM
"
BEASTFSHO wrote:
I have been disconnected a lot more the the past weekend then ever and knew it was because of all the new users. I'm glad you guys are addressing the issue and continued work on the issue as well. Thanks again for all you do for us GGG.

I've been disconnected more in the last 3 days than the combined total of the last 18 months. Last night was particularly bad. I know it is all the new players, so it's all good.
Great work, as always!
Here's some feedback on events and PvP.

Concering PvP: Why not just introduce a "Queue for PvP"-function? I feel we really really need this. That you don't have to stand in town, doing nothing but staring at the screen.
With such a feature, the number of people playing PvP would go 100x easily. And with that, you could disable that silly level requirement (until 28 and then no pvp and then up to lvl 100, wtf) - and instead do a real match making, based on level, based on ELO.
I don't think it takes that much time, it's less complicated to implement that it sounds.
And would really help PoE. It's nice to have a worthy option for those that don't like PvE that much and prefer PvP.

Also concerning events: Don't work for those big new seasons... just do some spontaneous events every now and then until the seasons are ready. I'm sure people would LOVE if you would just schedule some cut-throat or pvp-tourney or 1 hour solo... just... in 5 hours. Just once a day. Doesn't really matter what.
That's because most people don't care about fighting "professionally" in those event seasons. They just want to have fun with the events, and I feel they shouldn't need to wait 2 weeks to experience events, and then probably be overstrained by the sheer number of events.
So just do some events now, just for fun. And the events you already can enable now are really cool. No need to wait 2 weeks.

Thx for reading!
yes here (germany) a lot of disconns, too.--- sometimes i have to wait like "there are 12312 players be4 you"...
what about renting some more server to have more space for players?
at all nice new areas, just them auras still to hard calculated, also with reduced costs.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Disconnects still happening and making the game pretty much unplayable since killing Dominus is an exercise in frustration. Thought I would give it a try with the new 'fix' but no different. pretty poor that such a major game breaking issue still exists a week into release.
"
Dazamin wrote:
Disconnects still happening and making the game pretty much unplayable since killing Dominus is an exercise in frustration. Thought I would give it a try with the new 'fix' but no different. pretty poor that such a major game breaking issue still exists a week into release.

I have seen a lot of finished games of major companies with more issues and other stuff and you have to pay for them, so don't complain. At least they work to fix it.

Keep the good work GGG. You are doing a great job.
Dominus still causes problems. Before update I had just sudden disconnects from time to time (while entering for first time or after killing him). Now after death button ressurected me to Windows ;D
I was actually able to kill dom w/o crashing last night and got to see the credits finally. I must say the first song...leaves a bit to be desired.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info