Today's Updates and some Media Coverage

My friend and I just got disconnected on the Dominus mid-fight on Cruel, so seems like it's still not totally fixed :(
Fix a bug with spell Animated weapon!
"
Chris wrote:
and features required for Race Season Five and PvP Tournament Season One. At this stage it is a couple of weeks away from being tested and deployed. We're expecting Race Season Five (and the PvP Season) to start on roughly November 16, so it should be deployed at least several days before then.

Are you going to release any information on the PvP tournaments soon? We don't know even the most basic things about them. That way we could prepare appropriate characters in advance.

E.g., will characters from any league at all be able to enter in a given tournament and compete against each other? Or will they be league-specific, e.g. Nemesis only, Hardcore-only, Default-only, etc.?

What will the level brackets be? Should i have a low level dueller for each of L10, 20, 30, 40, 50, etc? Or will there be simply L28, and Max Level tournaments?
Necropolis: 97
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
"
Chris wrote:
"
mgriff wrote:
Why did you do a stream with such an unknown streamer in the PoE community?

It's a large journalism site with a lot of viewers. The purpose of stream interviews like this is to introduce new players to the game.

But Beau was obviously absolutely clueless. He will now write an unfair and half assed review of your game, based on his own ignorance.

Massively is a strange site. Many of it's news reporters and reviewers seem to have never even played a game and are very out of touch with what's actually going on with certain games.

For example when you guys released 1.0.0 patch notes, Massively reported this a "pre-launch patch" and not just early released notes - that's how out of touch they are. Hell, Beau even called Chris the community coordinator yesterday on steam - he had no clue Chris is the lead dev at GGG.
I really hope this fixed the annoying disconnects which made it impossible to make progress. Time to get on and see. Thanks for addressing the issue, really excited for the next patch.
crossing fingers for a desync fix...
btw, any info about it? imo, desync is the only drawback in this game.
What time did the Dominus hotfix get applied? I soloed him about 1 am Central US time and got massive # of disconnects.

Mostly when just entering the area, but then also at his death animation...last thing I saw before disconnect was the Unique drop animation :( Then had more disconnect just trying to get into the area again to collect the loot.

I had turned off shadowing and rendering set to medium and was still booting me out. Finally got in and was able to collect my loot...(and while I love the Crest of Pendarus I've already got 2 in Standard)

I've never had that sort of disconnecting experience before in this game, I think there is just waaaaaay too much stuff attempting to render on screen, like the gusting wind imho isn't necessary at all. Can the animation be scaled back significantly on this fight?
Now I cant play the game at all D:

FYI:

I played on US server and still getting d/c. Switched to EU server and played for an hour without any d/c. Ping on US server for me runs around 60 and on EU server runs around 100.
Crafting doesn't exist in POE. Gambling does...and the house always wins.

Velocireptile - I LOL'ed. Which made me fart. I wish the office were empty right now :(

Hardlicker - I had to push the dog out of the way so I could get to the sexy quilt.
Update to my previous post on Dominus (quote in spoiler):

Spoiler
"
VortexNomad wrote:
I'm on a slow comp (staying with relatives for a bit, and they're not the kinda people who have gaming pcs around, but they do have that scandinavian internet connection so that might help) and I've seen significant improvement.

Before, I had to restart the client upon a disconnect to login (which aside from Dominus fight almost never happened) to prevent it from happening again. If I just started the client and went straight for Dominus, I'd load the first time, but if I tried to enter the area through the scepter entrance again and not through tp, it would dc to login.

I did the fight twice in a row now, no dc yet at all.

I'll keep checking the fight every so often to see if I can enter after playing for a while.

After playing for awhile - no dcs but occasionally Dominus' second form fight crashes me to desktop, with the non responsive message. It happened when second form was about to die and when there was ALOT of mayhem on the screen (my trap spam vs everything dominus was throwing). That's after playing for awhile, though.

Still though, really love the fight.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info