Today's Updates and some Media Coverage

Here's some media coverage in France: the most famous french internet show creator about video-games (called "Joueur du Grenier", witch means "The player from the attic")made 4 videox about H n' S and especially Path of Exile:

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/chroniques-video-looking-for-games.htm

Our baby game is really getting well-know here :)
An option that might help others through the Dominus fight would be a toggle that disables the rain effects. My laptop can't play outdoor ares in Act3x at more than 5 FPS because of the rain, unless I set my "texture_quality = 3" in production_config.ini (also known as "potato quality mode").

Disconnects (cut to login screen) are usually preceded by the screen freezing for several seconds, which happened when Dominus does his special melee attack, transforms into stage 2, or dies.
IGN: Totemofo
"
Chris wrote:
When you say crash, do you mean disconnect? To us, a crash is when the Path of Exile executable closes and you have to run it again. If it's a disconnection (booted off the server) then that matches we expect the problem to cause. Thanks for the feedback btw - I hope more people can confirm for or against.

Sorry, poor word choice. I did not crash to desktop, no; I was disconnected from the server and found myself at the login screen. To be exact, I clicked the door, the Windows "hourglass" (spinning circle icon) came up as it typically does when a program is not responding, the screen went entirely black with the PoE cursor, then I arrived back at login, having disconnected.
I have been disconnected a lot more the the past weekend then ever and knew it was because of all the new users. I'm glad you guys are addressing the issue and continued work on the issue as well. Thanks again for all you do for us GGG.
Guys if you haven't already please support Chris and his team!
Ive been having the occasional disconnect since release. Luckily I didn't have the crash problem so I was able to kill dominus in a group (intense shit. Jesus christ seriously...) and after it was done finally got to sit and spy for my name in the credits. Some time in, shortly after giving a salute to deoxys for 4 diamond supporter packs, the game disconnected me. Luckily someone was kind enough to share the WP to cruel twilight strand so I didnt need to rekill dominus but might i suggest making dom like the brutus fight where you get the next waypoint immediately? Would probably take a load off the minds of those with unstable connections who want to watch the credits :p
Last edited by Alestor on Oct 29, 2013, 1:53:05 AM
Thanks Chris as always :-) will the new support gem be the long awaited Damage over time scaling mechanism?

Just wondering as believe that fix was delayed till this patch. Thanks!
Chris I'm curious as to how pvp will work, specifically the tournaments. Say I mainly play in the new leagues but I have leveled characters in Standard from playing Anarchy, for the pvp tournament am I able to enter any character I own? Or will it be league specific? I'm REALLY hoping it's league specific but await your response.
IGN @TiznaraN
Awesome!
"
JoannirLeoth wrote:
Here's some media coverage in France: the most famous french internet show creator about video-games (called "Joueur du Grenier", witch means "The player from the attic")made 4 videox about H n' S and especially Path of Exile:

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/chroniques-video-looking-for-games.htm

Our baby game is really getting well-know here :)

Just as there is a corner for streamers, there should be a corners for fansites and well known site reviews for PoE on the main page. JeuxVideo.com is a very big site in france.
Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum - That's nature for you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info