Today's Updates and some Media Coverage

Dominus fight is better now. No lag and no crash, with high display settings and the character wearing all microtransactions.
Last edited by krilin on Oct 29, 2013, 11:52:38 AM
disconnected while in party yesterday every 10 minutes or so + on every boss fight either mid-fight or post-fight loading screen (piety)
disconnected over the course of the day about 100x (very rough estimate) without having 1 client crash since closed beta prior to yesterday!

finally gave up after hours of disconnect play but when i woke up this morning i haven't had 1 disconnect/client crash :)
so im very happy!

cruising through merciless nemesis now, g2g!
Exiled for Eternity
Danm i dont know but i think i am in love with the ggg teammm. Great Workkkkk guyssssss
IGN: NoMerCyy / __DryZzy__
"
Chris wrote:
"
Kizo wrote:
The Dominus entrance hotfix has made things much worse for me. I used to have a roughly 50% chance to crash to login when I entered the Dominus fight for the first time. Just now, I couldn't enter the fight through the door whatsoever; I crashed three times. I was able to join a party and enter a portal to get into (and complete) the fight, but entering the door is now worse.

Thanks for addressing it in general, though. I appreciate all you're doing.

When you say crash, do you mean disconnect? To us, a crash is when the Path of Exile executable closes and you have to run it again. If it's a disconnection (booted off the server) then that matches we expect the problem to cause. Thanks for the feedback btw - I hope more people can confirm for or against.

Chris, I'm having random "Loading screen" freezes. This happened before this Patch, as well as after. I thought this patch will fix it, but it didn't.
What's happening when I click on a new area: It seems that I'm entering the new area, because the Loading screen appears, but it freezes like this, with the sound from the same instance and no loading.
I need to close the game and reopen it, because nothing else works. I've waited for at least 10 minutes.

Am I the only one with this? Because I've asked others and a couple said it's happening to them as well.

Any thoughts?
Nice stuff, please check out my SHOPS!
Standard: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/140842
Post Patch Information:

Random crashes after the patch happened to my entire guild. At least five to ten people every 10 minutes were being disconnected.

It would happen to me when I would load into a new zone. As well when I would go into my stash tabs it would be blank because the server couldn't handle the load.

You guys need to increase capacity and/or bandwidth or something. I know you guys don't like to give exact details, but it would be helpful to have some kind of information on what you guys are going.

Is it adding additional servers? Adding additional bandwidth? What?
Fought Dominus on Nemesis Cruel today... No dc when entering the area initially, but when using portals I d/c'd about every second time during the fight (4x in total). Luckily I was in a party, so was invited again, when logging back in.

With d/c I mean, logged out of the game to the log in screen.

Lag up there was still pretty bad...
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
chris cna we have a dtraight answer on xp past the mid 80s in this game? Half a year mow Ive been milling around mfing waiting for you to fix this? Now Im losing xp every day to disconnects, freezes and crashes, while I still cant get any fucking xp from the areas I have access to...

Were you just taking the piss when you said you were making changes so we could level outside of maps? Were you just telling us what we wanted to hear while having absolutely no intention of making any real changes? Cause thats what it feels like mate, it feels like youre just mugging us off, Id like a straight answer so I can either keep waiting for something thats coming or just quit playing, over 6 fucking months now waiting for this, is it ever going to happen? If you have any respec for us and our time you will just give us a straight bloody answer.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
chris cna we have a dtraight answer on xp past the mid 80s in this game? Half a year mow Ive been milling around mfing waiting for you to fix this? Now Im losing xp every day to disconnects, freezes and crashes, while I still cant get any fucking xp from the areas I have access to...

Were you just taking the piss when you said you were making changes so we could level outside of maps? Were you just telling us what we wanted to hear while having absolutely no intention of making any real changes? Cause thats what it feels like mate, it feels like youre just mugging us off, Id like a straight answer so I can either keep waiting for something thats coming or just quit playing, over 6 fucking months now waiting for this, is it ever going to happen? If you have any respec for us and our time you will just give us a straight bloody answer.

Since you are in just about every thread and you're getting ruder and ruder, I hope he ignores you forever.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
I hope this update will fix the not being able see the guild stash issue I've been having. Everyone in my guild can see and use the stash but me. And the stash options are set to open for all members.
"
Today we deployed a serverside-only patch that addresses some realm stability issues. We're still working on more improvements to better handle the sheer volume of new players. It's substantially more stable than the first week of Open Beta was!

Since that serverside-only patch, I have got more issues with realm stability..........!!!!!!
Thumbs down :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info