Fork

"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
I might have somehow mistaken this comment, then.
Or was that recently changed?
No, it's always been that way, Chris made a mistake. It happens occasionally (he's pretty good, though).
Freezing Pulse is still marked (Y) and described with forking. It doesn't fork because of it's piercing ability.
And the problem is? :)

Supports apply to linked gems if the link is valid, and apply all modifiers. Whether this is ultimately useful doesn't matter. FP+Fork is a valid link, even though the positive effect literally cannot occur.
> And the problem is? :)

Confusion!

If the fork cannot appear under any circumstances you can't take is as valid, that makes no sense. So mark and description should be removed.
Fork can apply to projectiles. Freezing Pulse is one.
There may be ways in future to allow it to fork.
Im not sure if im experiencing a bug with this skill or if im imagining things. I used this skill in combination with Split arrow, Increase critical strikes, and pierce. Throughout Normal-Ruthless this worked fine, the arrows would always fork when hitting targets. However, once i came towards the end of Act 2 in Ruthless, i noticed that the fork was only triggered about 30% of the time. I tested this very carefully, it seems completely random, sometimes the arrows fork and sometimes they dont. Was there a recent hidden change to the skill or is this a bug?

Projectiles don't fork if they pierce.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
Projectiles don't fork if they pierce.

Ah ok. There goes my planned build down the drain :)
having trouble with fork using spark, i equip a 14% quality level 15 fork with my spark which gives 35% increased projectile damage, but also the 20% reduced projectile damage, but it reduces my dps... now i just used 2gcps on this fork and the dps stayed exactly the same, so it leads me to think that the dps for the quality for the gem is not displaying propperly
"
cosacee wrote:
having trouble with fork using spark, i equip a 14% quality level 15 fork with my spark which gives 35% increased projectile damage, but also the 20% reduced projectile damage, but it reduces my dps... now i just used 2gcps on this fork and the dps stayed exactly the same, so it leads me to think that the dps for the quality for the gem is not displaying propperly

The penalty on fork is 20% less projectile damage, meaning multiplicative reduction, while the benefits are increased projectile damage, additive with any other additive damage bonuses you have. I would suggest the interaction of these is what is causing your reduction in listed dps.

So damage calculation would be (I think)
base damage * (1 + 0.35 + other increased damage ) * 0.8

Say you do 50 base damage, with 100% increased damage:

50 * (1 + 1.0) = 100

now add the fork gem:

50 * (1 + 1.0 + 0.35) * 0.8 = 94

Of course you are adding extra projectiles so the damage is greater overall, but I believe this is why your dps is showing as less.

Also, with the GCP's you used, it may mot have been a big enough increase to change the outcome? I'm not sure on that one.

Hope it makes sense! I don't often do these kinds of posts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info