Fork

Thank you for that info, that's what I was expecting.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
PvP's pretty much perfect for this. One person fires EK against a group of three players. Couple times without Fork, couple times with Fork and 20% Increased Damage (to compensate for Fork's penalty). Compare damage of both attacks. Presto. If Fork works, it'll be pretty obvious.
Ideal circumstances; no regeneration (accuracy), no Armor/Evasion (in case a Crit happens), no support gems except Fork (minimizing damage variance).
The inability to shogun applies to all projectiles created at the same time. If a projectile forks, the two new projectiles created count targets separately from those which were initially cast, and can potentially hit the same targets as them.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The inability to shotgun applies to all projectiles created at the same time. If a projectile forks, the two new projectiles created count targets separately from those which were initially cast, and can potentially hit the same targets as them.

THANK YOU!
That explains a lot, and actually makes chain and fork pretty worthwhile. Now I see why EK with fork is said to be so powerful.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
How does fork interact with point blank ?

1. Is PBs distance always calculated from your character ?
2. Is PBs distance calculated from the projectiles origin, the point where it split in this case ?

I noticed projectiles fork before they actually hit.
I've seen numerous times (with EK there's a lot of them) that a projectile would dissipate after splitting, with the two new ones continuing on and the supposedly 'hit' target taking no damage.
Zaanus:

___
forking sparks sounds fun
Lol I just got 1 spell cast to hit 9x on 1 target because of fork.
It's incredibly powerful.
I nearly regret building such a horribly quirky build that I can't use it on EK without a 6L, which I'll never attain. ;)
Depends on a bit of luck, of course.
Zaanus:

___
I love the skill. IT gives non-piercers some more crowd control, and turns Sparks into quite the indoor mob killer.

Is it intentional for projectiles to still fork when hitting dormant (and, so, invincible) enemies?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info