GGG Please Figure out how to stop Boosting (screenshots included)

Come on GGG, grow some hair on your balls & actually give us an opinion on the subject.

All the mudslinging in the thread is one thing but GGG are the root of this problem.
"
Flab wrote:
You really are missing the point, assuming a player is able to solo as something that is a good balance of offense and defense in solo play, if you now put him in a 3 man party, even with just 10% damage increase per party member, it will be _worse_ than that player losing 30% of all of his total defenses (due to scaling issues and status effects), you just forced him to be 30% tankier to maintain an offense/defense balance, unbalancing it towards a defensive build.

yes 1 player will be way weaker - which is exactly the point - it prevents you from soloing while in party,why do you think i started it? to make it insanly hard to solo

you have other party members to help you out, so if you play mara and you jump straight into bunch of mobs - its you being dumb and lazy...however if your witch and ranger start shooting first,maybe throw some decoy totems,temporal chains and whatnot you can go in - and voila you just created something you dont need to do now - cooperation

as i said the scaling number can be different,i just pulled 100% per player out of my ass...furthermore not every mob has to be like that,i can imagine loathe times 6 would be impossible

however the point is to make the mobs a threat to a player - they are not a threat now,thats why you can boost because you only have hp to deal with - big whoop,give them more dmg or give them flat dmg bonus i dont know

there are ways to make the mobs harder to prevent ppl from soloing while in party,simple like that

some of my IGNs:

EKDDtemplar/DualTotemSparkfotm/jesusbestjewever/EverhardDick/SilSol/SilSol_eight/SilSol_seven/
SilSol_ten/FiretemplarwithAA/JesusFacebreaker/SilSol_three/SilSol_two/grumpycatbestgodever
"
MrDDT wrote:
Back on topic.

Now any other ideas on how to fix this? I still think my idea is likely one of the best.

Give mobs more HP in groups (currently +50% per member I believe it should be more)
Give mobs more EXP in groups (currently +65% per member)
Cap the shared EXP over the wrong map. So if 4 people in a party max someone can get is 25% of the exp.
I still think capping exp like that is going to uber-nerf parties. If I see a rare off to the side and go kill it, meanwhile the rest of the party runs off, I will get horribly punished as it will take me 4 times as long (assuming we all do equal damage) and I'd get 1/4th the exp. They'd also get punished for killing without me being close (missing 25% of the damage and 25% of the exp going into the nether). I should at least get 250% of the base exp for that mob since he has 250% of the base life.

Yes, I get it, you think this would still be too much exp, I don't think it would. If you prevent people from getting a 1:1 ratio in mob hp:exp gained, people will quickly realize that partying isn't really beneficial unless you're butt buddies with the other guys in the party.

I have a feeling GGG will end up just removing the party bonus (the extra 15% per person), when out of the sharing range, in 0.9.13e.

That said, your solution would at least prevent boosting in its current form, although it might open a whole new can of worms.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Last edited by TehHammer on Nov 6, 2012, 10:57:04 AM
"
TehHammer wrote:
"
MrDDT wrote:
Back on topic.

Now any other ideas on how to fix this? I still think my idea is likely one of the best.

Give mobs more HP in groups (currently +50% per member I believe it should be more)
Give mobs more EXP in groups (currently +65% per member)
Cap the shared EXP over the wrong map. So if 4 people in a party max someone can get is 25% of the exp.
I still think capping exp like that is going to uber-nerf parties. If I see a rare off to the side and go kill it, meanwhile the rest of the party runs off, I will get horribly punished as it will take me 4 times as long (assuming we all do equal damage) and I'd get 1/4th the exp. They'd also get punished for killing without me being close (missing 25% of the damage and 25% of the exp going into the nether). I should at least get 250% of the base exp for that mob since he has 250% of the base life.

Yes, I get it, you think this would still be too much exp, I don't think it would. If you prevent people from getting a 1:1 ratio in mob hp:exp gained, people will quickly realize that partying isn't really beneficial unless you're butt buddies with the other guys in the party.

I have a feeling GGG will end up just removing the party bonus (the extra 15% per person), when out of the sharing range, in 0.9.13e.

That said, your solution would at least prevent boosting in its current form, although it might open a whole new can of worms.

Even after losing the 15%, wouldn't boosting in its current form be way to beneficial?
"
Come on GGG, grow some hair on your balls & actually give us an opinion on the subject.

All the mudslinging in the thread is one thing but GGG are the root of this problem.

They did, I posted it on page 23.
"
Desbris wrote:
"

They did, I posted it on page 23.

Hmm, didn't notice that as I tuned out when it got personal. Regardless, it would be nice if they actually made a post in the forums instead of just a PM to you. Ontop of that it's a pretty weaksauce PM, they basically make it sound like a fucking feature.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Even after losing the 15%, wouldn't boosting in its current form be way to beneficial?
Perhaps, but wouldn't dropping the mob hp:mob exp ratio below 1:1 be less beneficial than soloing? Yes, I understand there are other benefits that parties bring, such as pack size and less time spent running through an area looking for mobs, but there are also negative aspects to it as well, like more time kiting tough to kill rares and getting targeted by more ranged targets.

Also, it's a 15% bonus per person, but it actually scales rather interestingly. In a 2 man party, it's 165% exp for 150% mob life, only a 10% increase in exp gain:mob hp. In a 4 man party, it's 295% exp for 250% mob life, an 18% increase. In a 6 man party, it's 425% exp for 350% mob life, a 21.4% increase. 15% is deceiving.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Last edited by TehHammer on Nov 6, 2012, 12:02:13 PM
All I got out of it was basically, it's not against the rules, so there's nothing we can do currently.

We dont like it, but ill-defined definitions of what is considered boosting wouldn't help either. (lvl 80 inviting lvl55 randoms to lvl69 map)

Although I too did find this sentence somewhat odd:

The reason why players are currently allowed to do it is that it's part of the game and is necessary to get experience at a high rate.

^ Obviously........

Actually laughed when I read that. I get his point. And hopefully, we are all now on the same page with this. We'll just have to wait and see what they do in the next patch.
"
TehHammer wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Perhaps, but wouldn't dropping the mob hp:mob exp ratio below 1:1 be less beneficial than soloing? Yes, I understand there are other benefits that parties bring, such as pack size and less time spent running through an area looking for mobs, but there are also negative aspects to it as well, like more time kiting tough to kill rares and getting targeted by more ranged targets.

Also, it's a 15% bonus per person, but it actually scales rather interestingly. In a 2 man party, it's 165% exp for 150% mob life, only a 10% increase in exp gain:mob hp. In a 4 man party, it's 295% exp for 250% mob life, an 18% increase. In a 6 man party, it's 425% exp for 350% mob life, a 21.4% increase. 15% is deceiving.

I really wish I had the attention span and focus to learn this stuff lol.

Thx. Also, it looks like, so far, the IIQ bonus will not be tinkered with. Which I'm glad to hear.
I still don't understand why this isn't being offered as a solution:

No extra exp in parties compared to solo & you only get exp from a mob if you did some damage to it.

This would encourage people to stick together in order to kill faster & gain an overall exp boost due to increased kill speed compared to solo. +IIQ can stay as there needs to be enough loot to go round & people can still 'solo party' if they think that brings in more individual loot.

As far as boosting goes it would put an end to standing in the corner boosting & would mean that the only way around it would be a multibox program which is almost impossible to abolish.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info