[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Anyone running this in HC Prophecy at the moment that can link their character?
how do you feel about dropping RT and stacking crit? or would this me 100% useless.
"
spawn10459 wrote:
how do you feel about dropping RT and stacking crit? or would this me 100% useless.

A lot of troubles there is: not so many crit nodes in Duel/Mara's area, basic crit chance for an axe isn't great at all, so you'll have to stack crit on equip. Then a probability of missing: basic accuracy will be sucky, that's another "must have" stat to stack. If you miss, you don't kill anyone (duh), which means you just spent mana and frenzy charge for nothing and stopped leeching (and no poacher's mark triggered too). Don't forget reflect too, a good crit will result in harsh blow back.
So basically that's a heavy gearing requirement plus more risky gameplay.
Well pretty much what Vankesidi i just want to add some things.
Yes, with enough currency you can make a 2h crit flicker strike duelist but it will be expensive.
Also the passive skill tree, your gear and even your gems will be different so in the end it will be a very different build. You will deal a lot more damage, be a bit squishier and reflect will hurt ... a lot.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
Anyone running this in HC Prophecy at the moment that can link their character?

I am, and it's working very well. I'm running a slightly different version. Still have a bit of life to go, and haven't upgraded any gear outside of my weapon since I hit merciless.

Passive Tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAABeAdwFLQd1CC4JlgxwFCAVIBXsGY4ZtCFVI_YtgzB8NZI5DjrhPs9AoEMxR35Nkk3jUEdRR1HaWhpeE18_ZU107Xasd-N4DXh6eWh673zZfXWE2YTvhVKHaorwjX2Nv5Ukl3mjiqU1plepJ6luqZStjbXyuR29Nr3mvqfAGsCmwQTBScMzxILI3MqQz37TftQj2L3ZYdrB3D3kUelG6hjrCe2D7g7vDu968kX2SPaj9zL-Cv4d_o_-ug==?accountName=Cervh&characterName=SuchPort

Items:

Character is in my profile, named SuchPort
I'm really loving the build so far, I altered the tree a bit to make up for what my gear was lacking but now I am fixing it.

The only three problems I have with the build is, if I ever run out of frenzy charges which usually happens with bosses, I get hit really hard. This is prob, due to my bad gear and no acrobatics yet but normally if I stop moving I usually spam pots and hope not to die. Most of the time I die.

Second problem is on high density maps such as dried lake or + %mob pack maps I have trouble looting because of the clear speed. Sometimes I end up half way across dried lake before I stop killing stuff HAHA! Love it!

Third Problem is I keep rolling maps with beyond mob modifiers, and due to the clear speed this makes this really hard to do and not die. I always run out of frenzy charges when they spawn.

I got a tabula and I am going to try running ice bite with everything else for a bit.

My Gear ATM
Spoiler

Last edited by Baromanth on Jun 7, 2016, 10:54:06 PM
On problem 1
Acrobatics is a game changer and that's hwy it's taken rather early.

On problem 2
Yes flickering away of your loot in open areas is a thing and can actually be annoying (for me at least)

On problem 3
Again - Acrobatics

And of course i'd say ... get a 5L daresso ASAP ... you are doing maps you should've already accumulated enough currency for one ( daresso + jeweller's touch prophecy )
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
I decided to transit my Prophecy EQ Slayer to Flickerstrike.

I have a question about the Ascendancy nodes (Slayer).

What to took?

My plan is bane of the legends (already taken) - Endless Hunger - headsman - Impact.
Is this correct?

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
Ok so this build is a lot of run when it comes to any thing other than running the lab. This build will get you one shotted by the lab boss almost 70% of the time. There is no way around this as this is how the lab is set up. Evasion builds are dead. My gear is not bad and i just cant take the boss in the lab.
This isnt an evasion build. It is a dodge build, which is picked up at no penalty - not takign the acrobatic part of the tree wont ensure tons of armor or block.
Having enough hp (around 5k) doesnt get you oneshotted by anything if you dont just stand there or refuse to use flasks. Not the worm of Orchard, not Izaro and not Malachai.

I run a build like this and dont even lose 50% of HP on a strong attack. If it even hits me with 70% dodge. Oh and amror still doesnt help me against spells. Phase acrobatic does.
Last edited by Ezrael49 on Jun 8, 2016, 8:01:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info