[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

thx for the reply, just another question, i want to go with the Slayer Ascendancy, it is a correct choice ?
Last edited by ezkelteam on Jun 3, 2016, 12:54:30 PM
There isn't a "correct choice" ... for me at least it is the best one.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Tarasovych/characters what can I change in items? have 9 chaos only(

or I'd go farm?
Last edited by Tarasovych on Jun 4, 2016, 2:25:43 PM
Well you must change ... everything at some point ... get a better weapon first, there are plenty of good rather cheap unique weapons .. i'd say get a Hezmana's Bloodthirst.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Well you must change ... everything at some point ... get a better weapon first, there are plenty of good rather cheap unique weapons .. i'd say get a Hezmana's Bloodthirst.
with del
Last edited by Tarasovych on Jun 4, 2016, 3:35:00 PM
excellent guide
Hey guys!
So i've decided to roll with a 2h flicker striker in the new Prophecy league. Even though i've recently played it to level 100 i haven't played it in a fresh league from level 1 in years.
So after ~20 hours of gameplay, 100% solo, i'm 22% away from level 83, i've just completed the 4th labyrinth and defeated Uber Izaro ( is it Uber Izaro? ... i guess i'll call him that. )

In the first 20 or so levels i was using Cleave and i was dual wielding and then i've started using Sunder and a rare 2h mace. When i've reached act 4 and grabbed multistrike at level 40-ish i've started using Flicker Strike + Multistrike + Melee Splash + Melee Physical Damage. At that level it was rather painful to cast with mana because i had to sacrifice passives for mana related stuff and pop mana flasks .. definitely manageable but inconvenient ( for me at least ) so i've just replaced the melee physical damage with a blood magic support gem. A couple of levels later ( maybe around 45 ) i've completed the normal labyrinth and took Impact thus eliminating the need for melee splash and i've incorporated the melee physical damage support gem back in my flicker strike setup. When i've entered Cruel i've started to think about the future so i've traded all of my gathered currency for chaos orbs and with them i've got a Hezmana's Bloodthirst Axe ( after the insane culling from the Slayer sub-class that axe is the second best unique 2h Axe in the game after the Atziri Disfavour ). Note that when i've entered Cruel i had terrible gear. Anything besides my weapon (which was ok) was a complete crap, hell at that point i've realized that i still wear a 4L white chest ( yes white! ), a magic ring and boots ... you get the idea. My resist were around 10-15% ... but i just wanted to rush through Cruel, get to Merciless, grind till level 64 so that i could equip my new axe. And that's what i did ... it cost me some deaths in some boss fights and in the late act 3 and act 4 my damage wasn't exactly the best but i've pushed to The ledge in merciless. I've found a new and better rare weapon and i've grinded there to level 64. At that point i've equipped the axe and my dps tripled and due to some lucky drops and 4 passive points i was able to bring my resists to ~50%. I've done the Cruel lab and took the Bane of Legends which was a huge clear speed and damage boost. I've bought a Daresso's Defiance for 3c and pushed to act 4 merciless then immediately started doing maps. After some more cool drops and some master crafting i was able to cap my resistances ( finally! ). At around level 75 i was able to buy the "5L with one jewel" prophecy so i've 5Linked my daresso and added the added fire damage support gem. Needless to say at that point i had well over 50k dps ( and don't forget the 20% slay culling strike ) and i was oneshotting almost everything in the first 5 or 6 map tiers ( not that i had any higher tier maps). I did the Merciless lab and got the Endless hunger Passive. I did quite a lot of prophecies and I've also continued the map grind and when i've completed all 6 map trials at level 82 ( with some help from global 820 ) i went into the 4th labyrinth with the idea that i will fail miserably ... well i did not. There were some scary moments when Izaro hit me for 90% of my life but in the end it wasn't as difficult as i've expected. The traps were just as easy and predictable as in the previous labyrinths ( and nothing like the ones in the trials, some of which were crazy ). The Labyrinth had gargoyles and lieutenants and the Izaro was wielding 2 swords. The culling strike from the slayer tree helped a lot!

So yeah .. pretty much that's all i've done so far. I'm at ~4100 life, ~75000 dps without flasks and ~125000 dps with flasks ( atziri's promise and Lion's roar ) and that's my current gear... it's pretty meh but it gets the job done - to cap my res and to give me life, what i want to get next is a 6L daresso, disfavour and a taste of hate... of course those 3 are expensive so ... it will take some time :D :

Special thanks to Vasilas who with level 99 won the N1 Slayer in the Flashback Perandus race with this build and who gave me one of his "Demigod's Dominance" rewards after that.
The thread about his experience is here: Click!
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jun 5, 2016, 7:06:25 PM

Last edited by Baromanth on Jun 5, 2016, 11:49:00 PM
I am gunna be running this build in HC Prophecy, Is slayer still the best option or would champion be a safer option and is there anything i really need to watch out for running it HC?
I can't say that now champion is that safer really, i'd still go for slayer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info