[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

The blood reaper is a terribly weak weapon damage-wise ... you can hardly even go through merciless with it.

In any case the 10% explosions are not enough to get rid of melee splash ( and with Slayer you don't use the Melee Splash support gem as explained numerous times throughout the guidet ) . Think of it that way - in order to kill a pack of 10 monsters without splash but with explosions you need to individually kill at least half of those monsters ... so that's at least 5 hits if you one shot them. With splash you need only 2 hits to kill all of them.

In the end flicker bleeding seems like a terrible idea - bleeding as bonus - that's cool, explosions as an extra - that's all right, but bleeding as a focus - nope, just .... no.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
How viable is this for a league starter? After a few hundred hours in POE I am going to give HC a try in the new league and was wanting to try this build out.
Well it is good as a first character ... if you know what you are doing ofc ( actually i think that i'll run exactly this build for the prophecy .. since i haven't leveled one from level 1 ... for years)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
I want to find a solution for running Curse Immunity maps as I don't like the idea of realying to much on curses to deal my damage so replacing Blasphemy with Herald of Ice+Ice Bite the theory is that the first kill on a frozen enemy starts a chain reaction that generates me enough frenzy to sustain Flicker strike.

Do you have any ideas on how to replace Blasphemy and keep my Frenzy charge uptime viable?

Also thought about going gladiator for the 25% Frenzy Charges which is essentially the same as Poacher's Mark.

Awesome guide, great help overall!
I really .. really ... and i mean REALLY! think that going gladiator is a HUGE mistake. You can easily sustain your frenzy charges with nothing but blood dance boots and blood rage .. that's it ... that's all you need, i use blood dance boots and blood rage and poacher's mark because i like to ignore curse immunity maps ( because of the boots+ blood rage combo ) and have enough mana and insanely fast flask charge generation ( due to the poacher's mark ) and on top of that i have some mana leech for curse immunity maps. And i'd like to say it again - Poacher's mark is the sole reason why you can run flicker strike without blood magic support gem
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jun 2, 2016, 1:05:25 PM
Last league I ran this as a Ranger with a 2H Axe, this time I'm going Duelist with 2H Sword. Love the build Korgoth! :)
Hey guys!
So i've pretty much updated the guide for 2.3 ... if there is a need to re-create the trees .. well ... i'll do that during the weekend

I am doing fine with just poacher's mark and blood rage. I have dropped blood dance boots.
Just a little question, this build becomes playable after Normal Difficulty or later ? (cause i want to play it in the new season =D)
Last edited by ezkelteam on Jun 3, 2016, 12:51:51 PM
It becomes playable when you can sustain your frenzy charges - aka when you start using at least blood rage and poacher's mark + blasphemy. Though the entire build is playable with any and all melee skills and up to around level 60 it is playable with any 2h melee weapon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info