[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

"
forthecake wrote:
Hi Korgoth,

Thanks for the fun build. I am having some troubles though. Basically I cannot beat the merc lab, I always end up getting 1 shot by Izaro. Flasks popped or not, it seems that pretty consistently I have no trouble dying to this dude.

Not sure what I am doing wrong or missing/what I could use next. I just knocked out the cruel one and picked up the culling strike in the Slayer tree. As far as gear goes I need to get rich to get any upgrades right now (at least as of this post most rare upgrades are 1ex each which for me right now is rich)

Regardless,

Is there something obvious I am missing? Perhaps with gear or skills? I also need to swap out the culling strike support gem on vengeance and on frenzy, do you have suggestions on what would fit best?

Thanks for reading and the build.

i got him down yesterday after the 9th try. before leaving each stage make sure you kill all the objectives.

you need to blink it a few times and run. blink in again and run. kill some adds, blink in and run. if you stay close to him, get any lag at all, you will get 1 shotted. if you get hit with his bone dick skill and his green ejaculation skill your dead.

use the boots that give you dodge per frenzy charge. seems to help a little.
Hello Korgoth,
I'm using your build in the prophecy league (currently lvl 74), absolutely loving it, and have a question about passives:

Would it be worth it to get the fortify passive nods (increased melee damage and armor while fortify, inc duration and effect) left from the executioner and splitting strikes nodes? Was thinking about getting them instead of some life or armor nodes.

Cheers,
Alu
@forthecake
Well i can't really comment on your gear if i don't know what it is, posting it will solve that for sure.

In any case ... i'll say it again ... doing the lab successfully has to do more with how good you are at doing the lab. Just like Atziri it has more to do with how experienced you are with the actual fight and not much what gear you have. I'd say it again ... i did the Labyrinth ( and i'm talking end-game uber Izro labyrinth, not the merciless lab that is much easier ) on the day it was completed for the first time ( go to LADDERS > LABYRINTH LADDERS > JUNE 5 > 18th Place ) i did it solo, with cheap meh gear, on my first try. If i can do it with no problems then the issue lies on the players end. There are couple of reason that could cause this:
1. You try to do the Lab way too early. The merciless labyrinth is an area level 68. That doesn't mean that a character level 68 is high enough level to complete it without any troubles. The level of the area rarely corresponds to the actual difficulty of its content. ( for example .. are you clearing double Core map at level 82 like it's nothing? )
2. You are undergeared. You don't really need a lot of great and expensive gear ... but you need to have some basics at least, capped resistances, life on your gear, an ok weapon, 4 links at least for the merciless lab, 5 for the end-game lab etc. etc.
3. You don't have the right flasks and you don't use them wisely
4. You don't complete the objectives in the first 2 Ascendancy trials which leads to a heavily buffed Izaro in the last fight. DON'T DO THAT DAMMIT!
5. You try to facetank everything ... always ... don't ... just ... don't
So yeah ... pretty much that's all i can think of.

As for what to use instead of culling strike - i'd say life gained on hit or blind .. or probably a damage boosting support gem

@muthafuka
That's a question that i really can't answer... it depends on how new you actually are when it comes to PoE, how new you are when it comes to games in the same genre, how fast you learn new things and so on and so on. I honestly just can't answer your question.

@exN
In my opinion those nodes would take way too many passives for what they give. You would be better off if you just spend those passives for life nodes. In the end it's up to you of course :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jun 9, 2016, 10:30:04 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
@forthecake
Well i can't really comment on your gear if i don't know what it is, posting it will solve that for sure.

In any case ... i'll say it again ... doing the lab successfully has to do more with how good you are at doing the lab. Just like Atziri it has more to do with how experienced you are with the actual fight and not much what gear you have. I'd say it again ... i did the Labyrinth ( and i'm talking end-game uber Izro labyrinth, not the merciless lab that is much easier ) on the day it was completed for the first time ( go to LADDERS > LABYRINTH LADDERS > JUNE 5 > 18th Place ) i did it solo, with cheap meh gear, on my first try. If i can do it with no problems then the issue lies on the players end. There are couple of reason that could cause this:
1. You try to do the Lab way too early. The merciless labyrinth is an area level 68. That doesn't mean that a character level 68 is high enough level to complete it without any troubles. The level of the area rarely corresponds to the actual difficulty of its content. ( for example .. are you clearing double Core map at level 82 like it's nothing? )
2. You are undergeared. You don't really need a lot of great and expensive gear ... but you need to have some basics at least, capped resistances, life on your gear, an ok weapon, 4 links at least for the merciless lab, 5 for the end-game lab etc. etc.
3. You don't have the right flasks and you don't use them wisely
4. You don't complete the objectives in the first 2 Ascendancy trials which leads to a heavily buffed Izaro in the last fight. DON'T DO THAT DAMMIT!
5. You try to facetank everything ... always ... don't ... just ... don't
So yeah ... pretty much that's all i can think of.

As for what to use instead of culling strike - i'd say life gained on hit or blind .. or probably a damage boosting support gem

@muthafuka
That's a question that i really can't answer... it depends on how new you actually are when it comes to PoE, how new you are when it comes to games in the same genre, how fast you learn new things and so on and so on. I honestly just can't answer your question.

@exN
In my opinion those nodes would take way too many passives for what they give. You would be better off if you just spend those passives for life nodes. In the end it's up to you of course :)

Thanks for the info. I don't know how to link my character specifically but it is Fridge_Largemeat https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/forthecake/characters

as for gear, I am fairly geared and am capped res (cept for chaos) and have good flasks - taste of hate.

I will try some alternate strategies to fight Izaro, maybe it was just the style of play rather than something I am missing.
"
forthecake wrote:

Thanks for the info. I don't know how to link my character specifically but it is Fridge_Largemeat https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/forthecake/characters

Well your character page is set to private so ... yeah :D
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
"
forthecake wrote:

Well your character page is set to private so ... yeah :D

ah wow thank you, i had no idea. Must have been default since I've never changed it. As you can see I use the forums often /sarcasm.

As for Izaro, I just went in with an alternate strat on merc and got him down. Still had troubles but I killed him so yay
In that case - congratulations! :)
First, thank you for this awesome guide. Im currently lv 67 and im doing good (flicker is pretty awesome :D ). Nonetheless i'd like to see your updated gear since page 142.

I have a question though. Is it normal to constantly have to use frenzy to get the 6 frenzy charges up again when fighting a big ass mob / boss ? Like frenzy x6, flick x6, frenzy x6... and repeat. Sometimes even on regular packs with rare monsters i find myself using frenzy often coz the charges are just not there. And when we use frenzy we are pretty vulnerable, even with the acrobatics nodes, not always lucky ^^ (well we have IC setup, but still, you know what i mean). And we like to flick, mmmmh the sensations, we want to flick always, not frenzying like a monotarget rangertard, u feel me right ?
More seriously i feel i have to put another way to get the frenzy charges, like maybe using blood dance boots, but im poor so far in this league, and i dont want to waste my money right away into something im not sure i will be using in the near future.
Or maybe the problem is in my damage, i got 7k in the tooltip of flicker strike with 6 frenzy charges + bloodrage.

Here is my gear. Im reeeeeeally open to suggestions from all of you flickers brothers ! I know i need flasks and res cap but its not my main problem for now since im just dried laking a bit. I will get those before entering Kaom et Daresso. And well, if the problem lie here, that means im doing ok and i just need some more farm... i guess :)

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAAHcBS0Jlg2NE0wUIBXsF-Ej9ib4LlMwcTB3MHw31DkOOkI-z0MxR35LeEz_TZJOKk4yUEdRR1HaWf5aGluvXz9hIWRSZU1lp3Ttdqx343h6eWh673t0fNmE2YTvhVKHaorwjX2Nv5AKkc6VJJd5o4qpJ6luqZStja5QuR277b02vea-p8EEwaPDM8SCypDPftNv1CPZYdrB3ajiYeRR6UbqGOsJ7T_uDu8O9zL46_zF

PS : ty again for this guide, best one after the facebreaker thing. And yeah... sorry for bad england.
Now, not being able to use flicker strike constantly is definitely not normal, you do have 2 frenzy charge generators which should be enough so the problem most likely comes from your damage, frequent use of 2 cheap flasks ( Atziri's Promise and Lion's Roar ) will increase your damage greatly and that should fix the problem. Getting a third frenzy charge generator ( blood dance ) would also help for sure.

My updated gear - well I've reached level 90 yesterday and i don't plan on leveling anymore ( i.e. i won't be doing high level content because it is pointless if you just want to grind for gear/currency ) instead i'll just farm with some IIR ( i'm at 253% ) so here is the gear i'm currently using for that. :
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jun 10, 2016, 1:12:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info