0.9.12m Patch Notes

"
Metronomy wrote:
I am not refuting the way the mods operate, I am just saying that having both of them does not make one of them redundant, so why do you think it is a bug?

GGG have always been specific about the terms they use to describe different gameplay systems. If "regeneration" refers to healing from "life regen/minute" mods and passive nodes like Troll's Blood (as opposed to "flask recovery", "life leech" and "life gain per hit" which are all different systems to recover life), then to have a "no regeneration" mod and a "50% less regeneration" mod is redundant, since to have half of zero regeneration is zero regeneration.

You would still be able to heal yourself via those other methods.

At least I hope this is how it works, I hope a mod or dev can clarify this for us.
Last edited by BurnOutBrighter on Sep 27, 2012, 11:44:35 PM
"
"
Metronomy wrote:
I am not refuting the way the mods operate, I am just saying that having both of them does not make one of them redundant, so why do you think it is a bug?

GGG have always been specific about the terms they use to describe different gameplay systems. If "regeneration" refers to healing from "life regen/minute" mods and passive nodes like Troll's Blood (as opposed to "flask recovery", "life leech" and "life gain per hit" which are all different systems to recover life), then to have a "no regeneration" mod and a "50% less regeneration" mod is redundant, since to have half of zero regeneration is zero regeneration.

You would still be able to heal yourself via those other methods.

At least I hope this is how it works, I hope a mod or dev can clarify this for us.

They're just making sure those mods dont spawn together to reduce the chance of you using one alch orb and screw the map so bad that no one on the entire league want to do it.
Unviable build tester.
Fuse mechanics:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/21503
95% Crit Build Without Charges [0.10.1c]:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172438
The mods in question are "no regeneration" and "50% slower recovery" - Chris corrected this in the patch notes when I pointed it out, back when this thread was only one or two pages. It seems the correction went unnoticed.

Regeneration refers specifically to regeneration, which you get from gear and passive skills that grant regeneration of life or mana (players have some base mana regeneration, but no base life regeneration).

Recovery refers to any over-time* increase to life/mana/ES - including regeneration. Regeneration, flasks, leech are all forms of recovery.

The two mods affect different sets of things, and having both does not make one of them ineffectual, but they do overlap.

I was not aware that having these two mods appear in combination was a bug, but I didn't design the mods and chose which ones should be able to spawn together - it is possible that these have never been intended to spawn together as while both still affect you, the overlap in their effect means both together aren't as much worse as each separately, but you're still getting full +IIQ on the map from each mod.

* Technically, recovery includes instant flask gains as well as over-time, but they aren't be affected by this mod as they have no speed so thus can't be "50% slower". But that matters for Vaal Pact.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Sep 28, 2012, 12:18:28 AM
After reading about this new patch and learning everything about the game, this game is how D3 should have been created. Maybe this game is the "real D3" just with a better name "Path to Exile". I especially love items for currency and how the potion flasks refill system. Thank you for all your hard work GGG.
"
"
BazzV5 wrote:
Why raise the resists of mobs?

If it's to balance OP'ed witches then why implement it in a way that effects everyone, (except those who do 100% phys dmg)?

Looks like an unintended nerf to all the non-witch elementalists which is skewing balance the wrong way.

I believe only mobs that had max elemental resistance to one element got that element raised to higher values (resulting in a strict nerf to elemental weakness).

I could be wrong though.

Well after a bit of testing, (including a lvl64 map which likely covers high level mobs), my concerns were unfounded.

I may have misinterpreted the wording in the patch notes but good news is that my char is still just as OP'ed as ever. :)
OB: BazzVone - 83 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI and minions
CB: BazzVfourteen - 80 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI
CB: BazzVtwo - 73 Dual Spork Totem/LS Templar
CB: BazzVseven - 76 Lightning Strike Mara
CB: BazzVfive - 78 Lightning Strike Mara
"
Rowsol wrote:
I like the ground slam nerf!

What's the background on this? I'm not complaining about the change (although I use GS a lot), just wondering why you would be so enthusiastic for this change? What issue is it resolving?
"
Tindraa wrote:
"
Rowsol wrote:
I like the ground slam nerf!

What's the background on this? I'm not complaining about the change (although I use GS a lot), just wondering why you would be so enthusiastic for this change? What issue is it resolving?

It's probably bringing its usefulness down to a more "balanced" level with other strength AoE melee skills.

Level 1:
Cleave - 70% base damage, +3% damage per level
Sweep - 75% base damage, +3% per level
Ground Slam - 88% base damage, +4% per level

While Leap Slam doesn't get a damage penalty and gets 4% more damage per level, it's not as rapidly spammable as the other attack skills are.

So by this logic, you can use a skill that hits directly in front of you for 70% damage, a skill that hits almost completely around you for 75% damage, or...a skill that hits several yards in front of you (and therefore a lot more potential targets) for 88% damage.
"
Fixed a bug where Flicker Strike would not work properly if you click on a monster outside of range. Now it'll run into range and perform the skill.

Thank you!!!!!!
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
"
Chris wrote:
"
Avu wrote:
If explosive arrows explosion is considered now projectile damage does its damage also increase with projectile damage passives, faster projectiles projectile damage bonus and the increased projectile damage from lmp and gmp?

Yes! Though from memory, lmp and gmp reduce projectile damage.

I fail to see how the "explosion" can be considered a projectile.

It's an effect that triggers after the projectile have landed.

Now i don't use EA myself but does this also mean that PA clouds is affected by the LMP and GMP?
FFA loot = Single Player Game
Last edited by silentman on Sep 28, 2012, 2:16:37 AM
Ground Slam nerf?

Fuuuuuuuu...

Seriously though it was about time,it was turning in the Blessed Hammer of POE and that was definitely a bad thing.

Great job as always with this new patch,the game gradually keeps getting better and better.
Last edited by dualestl on Sep 28, 2012, 2:41:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info