0.9.12m Patch Notes

If anything, they should make Ground Slam work with base weapon speed, and balance it for that.
Axebane, we've talked in depth about DW duelist build. I respect you for pushing forward with it and sticking with cleave but every test I ran with cleave it felt completely useless. The amount of EHP needed to not die while using it so was frustrating because as you've shown this EHP comes at a sacrifice of DPS. My GS duelist in the previous race was doing 3k DPS at 64, the only DPS nodes I got were about 6-7 IAS nodes.

I think it's a no brainer that sweep and cleave need to have higher damage than GS. I think they should be 88% and GS 70% and sweep/cleave need some useful additive similar to stun on GS.

Like I said in my last post, nerf GS by 50% and people will still be using it because of it's range and stun. I personally think as long as people can get it over 1.5k with a 5l piece, people will not pick another melee skill over GS unless they specifically want to.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
Last edited by Moosifer on Sep 29, 2012, 10:49:19 PM
Very good game, I can not wait to have it, I love it.
My credit card is blocked, if not while playing embers
"
Rnew1990 wrote:
Just curious, how are you only doing 2.2k dps at lvl 71 with duel strike?

Im level 40 doing 1.6k

Well actually the last patch fixed the DMG tooltip for Dual Strike. Before the patch it read 1.1k :o

Anyway, I am even using a 4-link item for my Dual Strike. The support gems I'm using with it are: Faster Attacks, Melee Physical Damage & Added Cold Damage. If I had gotten the socket colors I wanted I could have used an Added Fire Damage or maybe Melee Physical Damage on Full Life instead of the Cold Damage gem, which would have given me more DPS.

I also had to respec about 5 of my damage nodes to get more life and more evasion. It takes a heck of a lot of defense to survive in hardcore at high level, so that reduces my DPS some. Perhaps you are more focused on offense with your build? That can work fine around lvl 40, but once you get to lvl 60+ you will probably find yourself frequently close to death and need to trade DPS for defenses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info