0.9.12m Patch Notes

Ok 1st of all you still dont get it.

Answer me precisly if you want (i wanted the answer from devs the most since they made this decission out of nothing (for me ofc)).

WHY is it too strong?

Why nerf something that is good in races? Not everyone is interested in races. For me doing Normal->Merci is just a task. Not the core of the game. Why do you focus it so much on a single part of the game.

If it is too powerfull in races than nerf is ok but do it on low lvls by slower gem scaling when lvling? Make required str a bit higher so ppl wont steamroll the low lvl content.

Basicly. Races are NOT the core of the game for maaaany maaaaany players.

@DoubleSmiggins

Ok than why nerf the flat 20% instead of making it less powerfull in the start?
Ground slam mechanic is as it is. You can hit as many targets as you want with it as well as with sweep, you just have the range thing on slam in penality of the area it affects. The area of effect on GS is smaller than Sweep. I am not talking about supporting it etc since i already wrote, that it just scales with gems realy nicely.

If the problem is higher start dmg and scaling than nerf that. Nerfing a skill with flat 20% is just way too much if you consider how ppl enjoy using it. Or simply make Sweep/Cleave more powerfull becouse the risks are bigger with those skills.
IGN: Seasona
It is not only good in races, races are merely one indicator chosen by the devs how good things are in general.

Races also do not end after merciless. The real race starts with maps and that is no different to the default league.

DoubleSmiggings basically explained why it is inherently too storng. I guess there would have been other ways to nerf it, not sure if those are flat out preferable. 20% is a lot though.
20% is like nerfing your gem by 6lvls.
Not sure if the 20% nerf is gonna hit the base dmg of the skill or its overall 20% but still it is one nerf that makes it 1/5th weaker, and yet there is no alternative.
IGN: Seasona
How does Ranged Attack Totem vary from Spell Totem?

If the former uses the player's equipped weapon and the player's attack skill it seems functionally identical. Why have a separate gem?
As some have stated, it doesn't make much sense to nerf GS. Why not alter the values of cleave or sweep to make it more in line with GS's damage and scaling.

Or, was the change partially due to being used with frost wall, then you change frost wall don't you, if that was a big issue.

Then you bring in the argument "it is too efficient" or "look at the history of the races" which again is a flawed argument.

It just seems weird how they nerfed GS like that, and as someone pointed, there are just as equally strong skills in the game that even have greater utility.

The main reason GS is used so much is because it is an AoE skill with a nice damage/range on it, and early game attacking one mob at a time is a boring and tedious task due to everyone's attack speed/rate being so low early game.

So the skill was effective, so what? You bring some other skills inline with this effectiveness, maybe it wasn't that GS was OP but that other skills needed a bump.

"
DEWO wrote:
Ok 1st of all you still dont get it.

Answer me precisly if you want (i wanted the answer from devs the most since they made this decission out of nothing (for me ofc)).

WHY is it too strong?

You are ignoring what other people are saying while miss reading the main point of path of Exile. The devs want build diversity and players making tough choices. See the question inherent to currency items: "Do I use it now or save it for later." It makes you think about your choice.

There are three main strength attacks, each one meant to have a unique strength and a unique weaknesses. Ground Slam was nerfed because it took away the choice. If you wanted the best move that did the most damage you choose Ground Slam. Using a different move was obviously and deliberately weakening yourself.
Great changes and additions overall, a bit saddened about virtually no map news, but oh well.

Dewo,
You're right, GS was the only (real) option for normal marauders because it was so stupidly powerful. I'm not fond of GS, it doesn't feel like a melee attack at all, but I used it in a 1 week race and it really is simply overpowered compared to other melee skills.

The thing is, you can make the other skills work for a marauder, 3 of my marauders in HC used frenzy and LS, now I'm not claiming that's as effective as GS, but you can still easily enough clear maps.

The reasons why GS was nerfed probably include a combination of things, it basically stunlocks enemies for free (unless they can't be stunned), it gives you safety due to range, it can leech an absurd amount of life due to the amount of targets you can hit, and you could effectively one shot whole packs of monsters and maybe spend one or two more on rares. If that doesn't sound like something in need of nerfing, I dunno. Oh and you can do cheaty things with it like hitting monsters that aren't on your plane.
"
Lou102 wrote:
"
DEWO wrote:

You are ignoring what other people are saying while miss reading the main point of path of Exile. The devs want build diversity and players making tough choices. See the question inherent to currency items: "Do I use it now or save it for later." It makes you think about your choice.

There are three main strength attacks, each one meant to have a unique strength and a unique weaknesses. Ground Slam was nerfed because it took away the choice. If you wanted the best move that did the most damage you choose Ground Slam. Using a different move was obviously and deliberately weakening yourself.

+1
And the nerfs continue... rather than bringing skills that are under used or not used at all up to par to give players other viable options. This is just plain LAZY. I know another company that went this route and all but destroyed a consumer base's faith in their product and reputation.

Personally I think Heavy Strike's single target damage is way more out of whack than GS's damage; I never really used GS because it would omgwtfpwn a group of enemies quickly, I used it because it was a semi-ranged attack to deal quickly with things like clusters of spitting snakes, constructs and archers.

I've uninstalled as there is very little if anything left in this game that feels rewarding for the amount of effort/skill one puts in. The dangling carrot that was once golden and dripping with honey has withered significantly with recent patches...

- Rare mobs used to guarantee at least a blue drop
- you used to be able to get an Alchemy orb once every few levels or so from matched rares
- IIQ/IIR used to spawn frequently on gear
- you didn't used to have to grind for hours/days to get your resistances to the right numbers for certain areas/bosses (this applies to hardcore far more than default)
- there was NOTHING wrong with having your auras on a weapon swap as you were sacrificing a 2nd swappable skill set to do so, yet it is gone. I think it just created issues for keeping auras active while changing zones and again the devs were just being lazy.
- DESYNC is still one of the top causes of deaths in this game yet Voice Acting is prioritized!

IGN: CPU, Gas, Cop, Live, Flee, Oil
infinityinc,

You say you didn't use GS to destroy groups of enemies quickly, and then say you used it to quickly destroy groups of enemies?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info