New Trap Skill in 0.11.6

Awww my main is a self made lightning based archer, so YAYY! :) It will benefit from the aoe modifiers, and the +lightning damage? :$
anyway i wont have any left slot to cast it after all my auras.
Oh wait i should remove an aura for the trap.... omg
"
fraz81 wrote:

you know you can swap the aura away for another skill after you casted it... it wont go away...
YES PLS!!! finally a trap that looks fun :D
"
Tribute wrote

you know you can swap the aura away for another skill after you casted it... it wont go away...

True, my Aura based witch runs 8 auras, and all three minions, and casts.

Very difficult to add anything to this girl without taking anything out though. Does a weapon switch casted trap disappear if I weapon switch back?
In response to the picture, the skill SEEMS to be casting multiple balls of lightning in many directions, from a single laid trap. Whilst cool, this effect doesn't seem to fit with the other type of trap, which ALL have a single use effect which destroys the trap once it is set off. The way it looks in the picture puts me in mind of the way totems work.

I'd still definitely use it, but judging from that snapshot, it seems like it would be way more powerful than any other trap, purely for the multiple casts of the spell (I'm guessing this will be classed as a spell, but you never know). Unless it's damage is decidedly lower, other traps may need a balance to stop this becoming the only trap anyone ever uses.
"
Tribute wrote:
"
fraz81 wrote:

Ofc ... i'm talking about available sockets though not skillslots.
I have Frenzy,Splitshot and all my other sockets are used by aura and their supports.
Last edited by fraz81 on Sep 11, 2013, 5:53:13 AM
"
Wasabicannon wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
while i absolutely like an addition to traps (hopefully after you fix traps, you will start tweaking totems as some of them *cough spork cough* are broken and some are very underwhelming) i'm sad to see that this is yet another elemental based skill that further and further positions phys melee on the dumpster of playstyles.

im sure that sporkers will like lightning-based trap - not that they'll have to tweak any skills or whatever - now instead of firetrap gimped by lack of passives theyll be able to use fully buffed trap to augment their easy mode characters.

why cant it be chaos-based skill?

QQ someone's build is able to farm without taking damage very slowly then ramp up once they get a 50 exalt item.

On a side note unless this trap has more base damage there will be no point is using it over fire trap. I don't think I have seen any current spork builds that pick up a single lightning node at all.

there is one it will be PROJECTILE :D so it could have some avesome support gems
https://www.twitch.tv/sober667
Yaaaaay!! New shock trap for ma'spork witchy!! woop woop :)))
███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░
Oh, it's a trap. It uses lightning. How imaginative. Not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info