New Trap Skill in 0.11.6

"
MBata wrote:
looks like the projectiles are lobbed, rather than shooting out from a central location.

As if when the trap is triggered the 6 projectiles lob out and then do lightning damage when they land. In this sense it would almost act like shock nova -- it doesn't deal damage to the center of the skill, but only to the periphery

i was thinking the same thing of some sorts. theres quite a few ways u could do it.

1. set amount of balls "float" out from the center like shock nova either exploding on contact or doing arc damage to close targets as they float away from the center.

if this is the case aoe and chain could work.

2. if they have elastic mechanics and thrown out that would work. exploding in aoe on hit for each "elastic ball"

just aoe maybe
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
Last edited by leighferon on Sep 11, 2013, 11:25:14 PM
Ghostbuster trap :)
"
EmptyPalms wrote:
"
Galtrovan wrote:

And while I'm here, I love how everyone trades in a currency item I have never seen drop in 2 years of off-and-on playing and that there are items out there going for 30 to 60 of them. Trading with Exalted Orbs in PoE reminds me of trading with High Runes in D2. How is it that an item with such a low drop rate is the standard currency with which people can spend 30 to 60 at a time? Anyone?

I've had at least 3 Exalt drop on my LA Shadow in the past week. I'm not even doing anything higher than 70 maps still.

On topic:

I'm excited to see more TRAPS making it into the game.

*cough* WTB "trap" npc

Another question then... do Exalted Orbs only drop in 66+ content? Because if this is the case, I'll not find any until after I hit the MF lottery and am able to play in 66+ content.
"
Galtrovan wrote:
Another question then... do Exalted Orbs only drop in 66+ content? Because if this is the case, I'll not find any until after I hit the MF lottery and am able to play in 66+ content.

Of course not. I had 2 of them drop randomly from chests for me while I was grouping at The Docks [Cruel] and the Fellshrine Ruins [Merciless] with my Witch. But it's true that they are rare as heck. And Eternal Orbs and Mirrors are even rarer if I'm not mistaken.
"
Vegnarus wrote:
"
Galtrovan wrote:

Of course not. I had 2 of them drop randomly from chests for me while I was grouping at The Docks [Cruel] and the Fellshrine Ruins [Merciless] with my Witch. But it's true that they are rare as heck. And Eternal Orbs and Mirrors are even rarer if I'm not mistaken.

I've never seen Mirrors or Eternal Orbs either, but the latter is a relatively new item. And Exalts as early as Cruel, I guess I'm not very lucky. For that matter, now that I think about it, I have only ever found 2 or 3 Divines as well. Oh well. Just keep grinding I guess.
I've played quite a bit... and I've only ever seen 1 exalt drop, never seen an eternal drop even for another party member.

I have had the luck of finding a shavronnes though and some other very nice items, so I'm not complaining.
Better fix the lag/desync issues, the game is unplayable. You can have the best system and community but no one will play the game with 3-5 second lags caused by certain skills.
I myself can't even progress to higher levels cause I lose 10% experience every time I use skill with multistrike. Can't kite stronger enemies cause the dissappear and appear randomly cause of the lag. Doh.
Last edited by presha on Sep 13, 2013, 4:16:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info