New Trap Skill in 0.11.6

Can we have Oil Flask for traps for laying speed and/or cooldown?

Can we have more passive nodes for traps and keynodes for traps that change how traps can work?

Please, okay?

GGG ♥
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
"
Septile wrote:
"
lord_joshi wrote:
Is this the trap without support gems or does it have GMP in the screenshot?

there's no linked icons on the skill bind.

Yep right. Good point. Ty
Trap effect looks fancy.
Any plans for performance improvements in this/next patches? New items and more microtransactions are always in but I would like to read more stuff like "imroved performance of all skill effects by X%..." yes, I'm already happy with plain and simple stuff, no fanciness needed atm. :)
Yay, all we need now is a cold trap and then it begins... (freeze mine doesn't count) :3
"if u point out my narcissism 1 more time i ll report ur ass.
then i ll ignore u."
"you dont play this game and i find no value in your feedbacks. keep your advice to yourself. i ll sure have fun not reading ur comments again."

Path of Exile community in a nutshell.
"
Galtrovan wrote:

I play self found and I can say one thing with certainty, dual totem with any skill, including spark, is not overpowered. It's the end-game uniques/perfect-roll-rares that I'll will never find on my own that make dual totem _anything_ overpowered, any build overpowered for that matter.

People need to quit complaining about the skills, because it's not the skills, it's the end-game items. You know, the equipment for which people are paying 30-60 exalts. I'm tired of the passive nodes and skills being nerfed due to items I'll never have. It's only the rich and/or no-life (they called themselves that) streamers with perfect equipment setups that are face rolling content. Me, I have yet to get past Barracks, Act 3 Merciless. My level 70 characters don't have the equipment to handle level 66 content, and this is including my dual totem spark Witch. Having said that, yes, she could move forward... if I threw a totem and skeletons at the edge of the screen, repeating the the process as inch may forward so as only to agro small groups of enemies I can handle, but that would be extremely slow, aggravating, and boring as hell. So, I'm stuck farming Docks, switching between my bow ranger, melee duelist, and my dual totem spark witch to alleviate boredom, hopping to one day hit the lottery so that I progress forward at a decent, fun, pace... preferably with my melee character.

Finally, for the people that have the time and/or trading skills to put together a perfect equipment setup, why shouldn't they be able to face roll the content? They put in the time and effort to obtain the equipment and these people are a very small percentage of the playerbase. We only know about them because they like to brag via streaming, and I for one could care less. I just want to be able to play and have fun myself, and again, am tired of the passive nodes and skills being looked to as the cause of the overpowered problems. All these nerfs do is make the game more difficult, less fun for us mortals. If GGG really wants to address overpowered characters, they need to look at and address the real source of the problem... the end-game items. People with too much life or energy shield, it's not the nodes, it's the ridiculous amounts of base life and energy shield provided by the end-game uniques and perect-roll rares. For example, Kaoms Heart +1000 life. iLvl 68+ gear with both +100 energy shield and +100% energy shield affixes. Acquire several of these rare, and yes, you will be overpowered. But it's the items not the passive nodes.

As much as I want your voice to be heard more, I'm afraid this kind of reasoning will just go down the drain. This is the exact same reason why I quit playing this game. It was fun, very fun, until you get to a point that you realize, even at level 70+, you still haven't had gear which some would already consider "end-game". I haven't played any game that made me feel so powerless and poor even after finishing all 3 difficulties and 30+ maps. It's just not fun anymore. There's too much grinding that even surpasses MMO standards. And we all know MMOs hold the title of the best grind fests in the genre.
IGN: Altaeer
Visit my humble shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/374176
Inb4 Sorceress style Frost Orb Microtransaction! :P
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
haven't played in a while so haven't really messed with the new trap passives. My question is, isn't laying traps still too slow even if you have the faster laying trap passive? If so i don't know why they're promoting a slow paced gameplay in Arpg.
IGN: FoughtBledAndWeptForGod, WoE_HitoZ

stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hitokirizoro
"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
while i absolutely like an addition to traps (hopefully after you fix traps, you will start tweaking totems as some of them *cough spork cough* are broken and some are very underwhelming) i'm sad to see that this is yet another elemental based skill that further and further positions phys melee on the dumpster of playstyles.

im sure that sporkers will like lightning-based trap - not that they'll have to tweak any skills or whatever - now instead of firetrap gimped by lack of passives theyll be able to use fully buffed trap to augment their easy mode characters.

why cant it be chaos-based skill?

I play self found and I can say one thing with certainty, dual totem with any skill, including spark, is not overpowered. It's the end-game uniques/perfect-roll-rares that I'll will never find on my own that make dual totem _anything_ overpowered, any build overpowered for that matter.

People need to quit complaining about the skills, because it's not the skills, it's the end-game items. You know, the equipment for which people are paying 30-60 exalts. I'm tired of the passive nodes and skills being nerfed due to items I'll never have. It's only the rich and/or no-life (they called themselves that) streamers with perfect equipment setups that are face rolling content. Me, I have yet to get past Barracks, Act 3 Merciless. My level 70 characters don't have the equipment to handle level 66 content, and this is including my dual totem spark Witch. Having said that, yes, she could move forward... if I threw a totem and skeletons at the edge of the screen, repeating the the process as inch may forward so as only to agro small groups of enemies I can handle, but that would be extremely slow, aggravating, and boring as hell. So, I'm stuck farming Docks, switching between my bow ranger, melee duelist, and my dual totem spark witch to alleviate boredom, hopping to one day hit the lottery so that I progress forward at a decent, fun, pace... preferably with my melee character.

Finally, for the people that have the time and/or trading skills to put together a perfect equipment setup, why shouldn't they be able to face roll the content? They put in the time and effort to obtain the equipment and these people are a very small percentage of the playerbase. We only know about them because they like to brag via streaming, and I for one could care less. I just want to be able to play and have fun myself, and again, am tired of the passive nodes and skills being looked to as the cause of the overpowered problems. All these nerfs do is make the game more difficult, less fun for us mortals. If GGG really wants to address overpowered characters, they need to look at and address the real source of the problem... the end-game items. People with too much life or energy shield, it's not the nodes, it's the ridiculous amounts of base life and energy shield provided by the end-game uniques and perect-roll rares. For example, Kaoms Heart +1000 life. iLvl 68+ gear with both +100 energy shield and +100% energy shield affixes. Acquire several of these rare, and yes, you will be overpowered. But it's the items not the passive nodes.

well.. sporker is an easy mode, because you CAN do what you described: slowly inch forward without any risk. because of no risk - get IIR/IIQ items. get good drops. get rich.

this is the main issue with sporker - no risk. you can get terribad gear, stack IIR/IIQ and clear content.

emphasis is on YOU CAN

with melee? not so much. you HAVE to stack defense and eHP. and after that you can add iiq/iir. but gear with both is very expensive

with sporkers? you need MF gear as totems do all that killing for you. no reflect, no curses, no bull.. desync.

it isnt fun. it isnt the fastest. but the mere fact that you CAN do that with crap gear is where the problem is. summoners also can do that. my summoner has 400ES and 800HP and can do maps up to 69 (except these with chaos damage for obvious reasons) because my minions simply do all the killing and tanking for me. i havent tried 70 because i prefer to sell them for fast gcp instead of crafting them and getting poo loot.

i agree with one point tho: GGG is balancing the game around broken uniques instead of toning them down. this cheapens/dumbs down the game for majority of players just so few lucky fellas (or RMTers, most rich players have djsp accounts anyway) are not THAT broken.

you can make powerful sporker with crap gear. and this is the very character that i start lvling today. ill have even a cheap addition of a nice trap skill complimenting sporksporspork
Oh damn. This new trap skill looks sick as hell.

Spoiler
Inc Spork-Trap MFers.

Cool, looking forward to this trap. I had a pure trapper that I haven't played in awhile (lvl 79). Maybe I will have to dust him off after this patch, but will possibly have to modify my build because I have a good amount of fire damage nodes in addition to straight elemental damage. It just makes more possibilities. Hopefully he will be back up to how great he was before the recent adjustments to trap cooldowns being shared.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info