New Trap Skill in 0.11.6

"
JCar17 wrote:
"
Galtrovan wrote:

I play self found and I can say one thing with certainty, dual totem with any skill, including spark, is not overpowered. It's the end-game uniques/perfect-roll-rares that I'll will never find on my own that make dual totem _anything_ overpowered, any build overpowered for that matter.

People need to quit complaining about the skills, because it's not the skills, it's the end-game items. You know, the equipment for which people are paying 30-60 exalts. I'm tired of the passive nodes and skills being nerfed due to items I'll never have. It's only the rich and/or no-life (they called themselves that) streamers with perfect equipment setups that are face rolling content. Me, I have yet to get past Barracks, Act 3 Merciless. My level 70 characters don't have the equipment to handle level 66 content, and this is including my dual totem spark Witch. Having said that, yes, she could move forward... if I threw a totem and skeletons at the edge of the screen, repeating the the process as inch may forward so as only to agro small groups of enemies I can handle, but that would be extremely slow, aggravating, and boring as hell. So, I'm stuck farming Docks, switching between my bow ranger, melee duelist, and my dual totem spark witch to alleviate boredom, hopping to one day hit the lottery so that I progress forward at a decent, fun, pace... preferably with my melee character.

Finally, for the people that have the time and/or trading skills to put together a perfect equipment setup, why shouldn't they be able to face roll the content? They put in the time and effort to obtain the equipment and these people are a very small percentage of the playerbase. We only know about them because they like to brag via streaming, and I for one could care less. I just want to be able to play and have fun myself, and again, am tired of the passive nodes and skills being looked to as the cause of the overpowered problems. All these nerfs do is make the game more difficult, less fun for us mortals. If GGG really wants to address overpowered characters, they need to look at and address the real source of the problem... the end-game items. People with too much life or energy shield, it's not the nodes, it's the ridiculous amounts of base life and energy shield provided by the end-game uniques and perect-roll rares. For example, Kaoms Heart +1000 life. iLvl 68+ gear with both +100 energy shield and +100% energy shield affixes. Acquire several of these rare, and yes, you will be overpowered. But it's the items not the passive nodes.

As much as I want your voice to be heard more, I'm afraid this kind of reasoning will just go down the drain. This is the exact same reason why I quit playing this game. It was fun, very fun, until you get to a point that you realize, even at level 70+, you still haven't had gear which some would already consider "end-game". I haven't played any game that made me feel so powerless and poor even after finishing all 3 difficulties and 30+ maps. It's just not fun anymore. There's too much grinding that even surpasses MMO standards. And we all know MMOs hold the title of the best grind fests in the genre.

Amen to that.
To make matters worse, until you can afford uber-gear, you're also stuck with 3L (4L if you're lucky). Thus, besides crappy survivability, your skills will suck, too. This problem was probably very hard to foresee, but now it's too late to fix it.
I wouldn't be so bitter if one could at least finish the game and get ripped to shreds in (high level) maps. But you can't even do that, you have to party with "the lucky ones" to kill Piety. And Piety isn't even the end-game, the rest of act 3 will be upon us soon, presumably with a tougher boss at the end.
Hey, I can't find the last update on when our merchandise for buying supporter packs is going to ship.

When is this estimated to be?
There can only be one Oatmeal.
"
billyoatmeal wrote:
Hey, I can't find the last update on when our merchandise for buying supporter packs is going to ship.

When is this estimated to be?

Hey there,

Please contact us at support@grindinggear.com in regards to this and we will be happy to help you out.
With this new trap coming out I guess this is probably the best place to ask... uh, is anything going to be done about trap "haters" anytime soon? i.e. arc/leap slam spamming mobs. Spend all that time laying them down just to have them instantly destroyed makes me sad =(
"if u point out my narcissism 1 more time i ll report ur ass.
then i ll ignore u."
"you dont play this game and i find no value in your feedbacks. keep your advice to yourself. i ll sure have fun not reading ur comments again."

Path of Exile community in a nutshell.
Last edited by Kotumser on Sep 11, 2013, 6:16:39 PM
Looks awful, traps strengths are either INSANE amount of damage making it worth interrupting a DPS spam, or duration, a multi projectile attack is most likely neither, unless it has a really interesting mechanic like spawning more traps if enemies die or something.
"
Kotumser wrote:
With this new trap coming out I guess this is probably the best place to ask... uh, is anything going to be done about trap "haters" anytime soon? i.e. arc/leap slam spamming mobs. Spend all that time laying them down just to have them instantly destroyed makes me sad =(

Release should see a temporary solution to this problem for you!
Balance & Design
Well that looks really cool can't wait :)
meh
"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine." - Bruce Lee
"
Galtrovan wrote:

And while I'm here, I love how everyone trades in a currency item I have never seen drop in 2 years of off-and-on playing and that there are items out there going for 30 to 60 of them. Trading with Exalted Orbs in PoE reminds me of trading with High Runes in D2. How is it that an item with such a low drop rate is the standard currency with which people can spend 30 to 60 at a time? Anyone?

I've had at least 3 Exalt drop on my LA Shadow in the past week. I'm not even doing anything higher than 70 maps still.

On topic:

I'm excited to see more TRAPS making it into the game.

*cough* WTB "trap" npc
IGN: EmptyPalms
Last edited by EmptyPalms on Sep 11, 2013, 9:27:37 PM
looks like the projectiles are lobbed, rather than shooting out from a central location.

As if when the trap is triggered the 6 projectiles lob out and then do lightning damage when they land. In this sense it would almost act like shock nova -- it doesn't deal damage to the center of the skill, but only to the periphery

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info