Still no fix to phy reflect...(waiting for GGG reply) why are you encouraging bad play styles?

Content Removed by Admin: See Forum Guideline F
Last edited by Bex_GGG on Sep 9, 2013, 3:13:37 PM
Don't see what the problem is to be honest.

I'm running a flicker build myself with 94k dps, 80% crit chance, 900%+ crit multiplier and I still rarely 1 hit myself unless I absolutely stop paying attention to whats going on or what I'm attacking during flicker.

I rarely find this to be a build breaking mechanic since I have LS with high elemental to take care of reflect mobs. Why not set up an alternate skill to deal with reflect?

The real problem for me is when you cannot see the effect of the boss type because its either covered by spell spam, other mobs, or just below the general landscape (around slopes, in water etc.)
"
Shodokan123 wrote:
"
RulerofAsgard wrote:
I believe over-capped damage applies for the reflect, so you're chunking yourself for 18% of 50k per hit, and since that's physical damage, it's crushing all your armour, which means your actual mitigation is quite low.

You need:
1) More armour. A lot more.
2) Endurance charges. Even 3 endurance charges provides 12% flat physical mitigation, which is likely more than you're getting even with your 40% mitigation from the flask.
3) Do less damage.
4) Incorporate more ways to avoid your own reflect damage. If you're not using resolute/unwavering stance, incorporate more evasion/block.
5) I'm guessing you're stacking Crit chance/multiplier... Drop the multiplier if possible; it will mitigate the burst damage you deal, but also the reflect you take.
6) Get more ES. Get a 1k+ ES chest or an Armour/ES chest with tons of both.

Alternatively, roll a new character for the fun of it.

This

Theres a dual-strike melee splash build on the shadow forums that has under 6k es and can do any map mods with 40k splash without abyssus and 60k+ with...

No need to overkill damage. That mentality is what makes you die in this game. Dischargers 1 shotting themselves with 300k discharge... just to have it that high when you will 1 shot the mobs with much much lower damage and not killing yourself on reflect. Same goes for melee builds with obscene damage and crit... like what makes people think this is a good idea? Just to see a pretty number on the character screen?

YOUR thoughts of "bad play styles" is the problem. Not the game's fault you're incompetent.

Good luck with your build, hopefully you find a solution.

Please someone give this guy a cookie! Truth is spoken!

"
Karnageddon wrote:
Don't see what the problem is to be honest.

I'm running a flicker build myself with 94k dps, 80% crit chance, 900%+ crit multiplier and I still rarely 1 hit myself unless I absolutely stop paying attention to whats going on or what I'm attacking during flicker.

I rarely find this to be a build breaking mechanic since I have LS with high elemental to take care of reflect mobs. Why not set up an alternate skill to deal with reflect?

The real problem for me is when you cannot see the effect of the boss type because its either covered by spell spam, other mobs, or just below the general landscape (around slopes, in water etc.)

His problem is, that he has literally 0 armor. So even just 10% of his actual DPS will 1-shot him in reflect.
Last edited by Unabated on Sep 5, 2013, 11:50:09 PM
Content Removed by Admin: See Forum Guideline F
We tested it extensively
Last edited by Bex_GGG on Sep 9, 2013, 3:13:55 PM
I was about to post that he could use a phys>ele conversion skill such as LS/infernal blow when he encounters reflect packs; which would greatly boost his survival vs those.

Then I saw that any reply that does not agree with his narrow view of "good playstyles" gets called out as trolling and "reported", so I guess I won't bother.

Ah wait I just wrote that as the first sentence anyway.

Anyway, either phys>elemental conversion skills or dropping the damage part of your dps in favour of speed, no other way to go around it.
Last edited by GhostOfLiemannen on Sep 6, 2013, 12:03:41 AM
bumped (waiting)
The only game you need to win at is on the internet.
Last edited by EveningPrimroseAmber on Sep 6, 2013, 12:27:51 AM
As melee multistrike is answer but if u are ranged try to stack attack speed. Propably helps cos its the massive dmg per hit that kills u. But if u do less dmg but faster then u do less dmg per shot but attack speed covers the lost dmg?

Correct if im wrong
It has been explaind to u in this thread about 4 times now.

If u can't read your own thread we can't help u.

ill para phrase for yha:

U have to much DPS vs damage midigation on your character.

U can have as much DPS as u have in this game curently , in fact u can have alot more and still not die to reflect even dual reflect, u need to attack the game diffrently.

Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
Last edited by SirSid on Sep 6, 2013, 12:44:54 AM
I barely have any issue with physical reflect (25k+ DPS) since I have a lot of armor with 80%+ phy dmg reduction, 40%+ block chance, some life leech, and 400+ life regen.

Double reflect does pose a threat to me, so my best way to counter them is to attack slowly so my HP regen can recuperate my HP from the reflected damage.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Sep 6, 2013, 12:50:21 AM
I'll just leave this here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info