Still no fix to phy reflect...(waiting for GGG reply) why are you encouraging bad play styles?

"
Shodokan123 wrote:
If you are a CI character with high damage you need to adapt.

1: warlords mark
2: multi strike
3: endurance charges

Multi strike helps A LOT with dealing with reflect.

lol, i use multistrike on dual and flicker regardless, it still kills me. what are you not understanding here? warlords mark is the curse used by all CI dagger builds regardless aswell.
The only game you need to win at is on the internet.
"
"
Shodokan123 wrote:

lol, i use multistrike on dual and flicker regardless, it still kills me. what are you not understanding here? warlords mark is the curse used by all CI dagger builds regardless aswell.

learn to lower your DPS

^_^
The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG
"
"
Shodokan123 wrote:

Cause you use simple ES gear you don't have any armor at all so the 40% Bonus armor are in vein. Consider only using a 1k ES shield and a 1k ES chest along with 1 Dagger.
"
tobes111 wrote:
"
"
Shodokan123 wrote:

learn to lower your DPS

^_^

why? all that does is encourage bad play style by GGG mechanics. How about you learn to get yours up to my standard. I hate carrying baddies in map groups.
"
"
"
Shodokan123 wrote:

Cause you use simple ES gear you don't have any armor at all so the 40% Bonus armor are in vein. Consider only using a 1k ES shield and a 1k ES chest along with 1 Dagger.

NTY encourages bad play style because of GGG mechanics.
"
"
Shodokan123 wrote:

If you have 200k dps as a flicker build you're going to kill yourself on reflect no matter what.

If you have no physical reduction you're going to die very quickly.

I have 70% phys resist base line and don't even need a granite to do reflect with 60k cleave 80k dual strike

So... it is a build problem. Not a game mechanics problem.
IGN: Srslyagain
PM me bins on items I bid on if you have one.
I believe over-capped damage applies for the reflect, so you're chunking yourself for 18% of 50k per hit, and since that's physical damage, it's crushing all your armour, which means your actual mitigation is quite low.

You need:
1) More armour. A lot more.
2) Endurance charges. Even 3 endurance charges provides 12% flat physical mitigation, which is likely more than you're getting even with your 40% mitigation from the flask.
3) Do less damage.
4) Incorporate more ways to avoid your own reflect damage. If you're not using resolute/unwavering stance, incorporate more evasion/block.
5) I'm guessing you're stacking Crit chance/multiplier... Drop the multiplier if possible; it will mitigate the burst damage you deal, but also the reflect you take.
6) Get more ES. Get a 1k+ ES chest or an Armour/ES chest with tons of both.

Alternatively, roll a new character for the fun of it.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo
"
RulerofAsgard wrote:
I believe over-capped damage applies for the reflect, so you're chunking yourself for 18% of 50k per hit, and since that's physical damage, it's crushing all your armour, which means your actual mitigation is quite low.

You need:
2) Endurance charges. Even 3 endurance charges provides 12% flat physical mitigation, which is likely more than you're getting even with your 40% mitigation from the flask.
3) Do less damage.
4) Incorporate more ways to avoid your own reflect damage. If you're not using resolute/unwavering stance, incorporate more evasion/block.
5) I'm guessing you're stacking Crit chance/multiplier... Drop the multiplier if possible; it will mitigate the burst damage you deal, but also the reflect you take.

again. encouraging bad play styles NTY
Content Removed by Admin: See Forum Guideline C and F
Last edited by Bex_GGG on Sep 9, 2013, 3:12:44 PM
"
RulerofAsgard wrote:

You need:
3) Do less damage.

This

Theres a dual-strike melee splash build on the shadow forums that has under 6k es and can do any map mods with 40k splash without abyssus and 60k+ with...

No need to overkill damage. That mentality is what makes you die in this game. Dischargers 1 shotting themselves with 300k discharge... just to have it that high when you will 1 shot the mobs with much much lower damage and not killing yourself on reflect. Same goes for melee builds with obscene damage and crit... like what makes people think this is a good idea? Just to see a pretty number on the character screen?

Content Removed by Admin: See Forum Guideline C

Good luck with your build, hopefully you find a solution.
IGN: Srslyagain
PM me bins on items I bid on if you have one.
Last edited by Bex_GGG on Sep 9, 2013, 3:13:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info