0.11.4 has been Deployed (and 32 bit stability!)

"
Chris wrote:
"
TheuberClips wrote:
I think it would do a great deal of good to take down the website to redirect bandwidth for 30 minutes like ya did at the start of Open Beta.

It wouldn't have any noticable impact, unfortunately. Patching is using far more bandwidth than the website is.

The patch is delivered by an extremely fast international CDN that we pay a lot of money for. Unfortunately when tens of thousands of people are downloading a patch at exactly the same time, it'll be slow until some finish. Thanks for your patience!

I think you should consider torrent. CDN is good and fast but very expensive instead you can deliver only client.exe and other small files over website and content.ggpk can be delivered via torrent so you can save a lot of money for more important things.
IGN : Mettiu
I've been downloading since the patch came out, getting pretty slow speeds. Kind of expected it with all the people downloading at once though. Hopefully i'll get to play before i gotta check in tonight!
little update: I started 20 minutes ago and am at 50% now.

Don't know what I did right. Maybe the tip to restart the client isn't so wrong.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
i am at once, both utterly amazed and completely disgusted at the vocal minority of the PoE community who are BITCHING about how slow it is to download - what will be a FANTASTIC update - to a game that is 100% gratis.

my goodness, people. quit. your. whining.

Spoiler

...ffs‼

Chris + co @ GGG -- well done, guys!! not only have you created a modern classic, but you've shown how a small band of kiwis can show the big game makers how making and supporting a game SHOULD be done!
ooh! 'member when PoE was good and fun? i 'member!
Last edited by DropBearAntix on Aug 20, 2013, 8:31:28 PM
Damn right DropBearAntix!
"
Nova666 wrote:
danm i am in a dream or this company is awesome? i dint see a nice support like this in others games.

That's because other companies are generally not ran by gamers, they're just corporate suits with no clue, nor do they care. While the goal for any company is to make money, they're willing to ruin the integrity of their games for extra profit.

With that said, thank you GGG. The download is a little slow at the moment since everyone is trying to download it, but it'll be worth it.
"
DropBearAntix wrote:
i am at once, both utterly amazed and completely disgusted at the vocal minority of the PoE community who are BITCHING about how slow it is to download - what will be a FANTASTIC update - to a game that is 100% gratis.

my goodness, people. quit. your. whining.

Spoiler

...ffs‼

Chris + co @ GGG -- well done, guys!! not only have you created a modern classic, but you've shown how a small band of kiwis can show the big game makers how making and supporting a game SHOULD be done!

+1
Speed is back for me, thanks GGG.

The torrent seems wrong since its 6Go? should be more like 3,XXGo, no?
So if the torrent downloads first I just copy the files into C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile and restart the client?
IGN Dakariuss
There has only been 1 reply to my previous post so I feel I have to post again:

"Added five new Unique items, including three which were designed by our community. One is only available through a vendor recipe."

I wonder what the last unique is that is vendor only!!??!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info