0.11.4 has been Deployed (and 32 bit stability!)

i'm downloading now, much faster than yesterday. should be ready in bout an hour, can't wait :)
this must be a god dam joke i started downloading last night woke up it was at 30% go to work come home and now there has been a connection error around 70% and i have to restart the whole thing.

i must say......im pretty butt hurt
got to be good looking because im so hard too see.
"
koez wrote:
this must be a god dam joke i started downloading last night woke up it was at 30% go to work come home and now there has been a connection error around 70% and i have to restart the whole thing.

i must say......im pretty butt hurt

the 70% is still there. You only have 30% left.
"
Sayyid wrote:

Best. Patch. Ever. I no longer feel like I'm playing a game that my computer can just barely handle -- it now feels like a game I can handle with a bit to spare.

Cant wait!
edit - Didnt wait, downloaded it today.
What a difference!!!
Shadows on full, Fetid Pools was my first test spot, huge difference in the mist (where I was always lagging before).
Going back to play some more later and check out Docks etc.

Good job GGG!
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Last edited by DoubleU on Aug 21, 2013, 8:04:56 PM
New patch! Yay! I cant wait to try out the new reave skill. Thanks GGG!
Nice Dling at 4MB now.Awesomeee!!! can't wait.
Still nothing regarding desync. I still won't be playing until there is something done. God, even keeping everything server side would be better than it is currently.
"
Still nothing regarding desync. I still won't be playing until there is something done. God, even keeping everything server side would be better than it is currently.

Read the manifesto. Also, desync will never be done away with.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
This is probably the biggest optimization patch I have ever seen for any game. Great job with this one, GGG. What was unplayable on my laptop is now playable. I won't be able to do any 6-man parties because my laptop sucks, but going through the areas by myself or with one other person will be possible. As much as I don't mind playing other games when I can't use my desktop, I really want to play PoE and I'm glad I can now. Thank you so much.
"
MalakED wrote:
Help...
Yesterday I started the patch at about 3:00 p.m. EST. After getting to about 7% in 2 hours I decided to read a book. After about 30 minutes my computer decides to go to sleep.... which isn't supposed to happen while I have any applications running. I immediately woke the computer up. The update read off an error about losing connection with host and shut down. I launched the game again to continue patching and received 8 more errors all concerning invalid file location, size, and what not.

I decided that the patch must have failed due to both time out and the computer going to sleep. I uninstalled the game (which failed as well due to errors) and started downloading the entire client again. Again my computer went to sleep, which it shouldn't unless the file stopped downloading for more then 30 minutes and now I'm stuck in the "Checking Resources" part of the application launch...

So, long story now concluded. Where do I go from here.

EDIT: It crashed out of the "Checking Resources" so I launched the application again. It's now downloading from 0%. This has not been a very smooth patch guys.
Don't look at the percentage, look at the other number (Gigabytes) and see if it has shrunk since you last ran the Client.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Aug 21, 2013, 10:53:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info