0.11.4 has been Deployed (and 32 bit stability!)

Also, Jonathan has come up with an improvement that may yield a substantial frame rate increase for users with slower CPUs. He's experimenting with it at the moment and we're expecting to patch it in as soon as it's ready (hopefully within a week).

Edit: With tens of thousands of people downloading the patch, our CDN is saturated and it'll be a bit slow until some more people finish. Thanks for your patience!

Edit2: Our CDN has added a lot more capacity and we can see that people are downloading a lot faster now. A user has prepared a torrent of the Content.ggpk file which can be downloaded here if you're still having issues. Note that it requires downloading more than the size of just the patch itself if you choose this option.

Edit3: There's a smaller and potentially better seeded torrent available. Information is here!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Aug 21, 2013, 12:33:42 AM
"
TheuberClips wrote:
I think it would do a great deal of good to take down the website to redirect bandwidth for 30 minutes like ya did at the start of Open Beta.

It wouldn't have any noticable impact, unfortunately. Patching is using far more bandwidth than the website is.

The patch is delivered by an extremely fast international CDN that we pay a lot of money for. Unfortunately when tens of thousands of people are downloading a patch at exactly the same time, it'll be slow until some finish. Thanks for your patience!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
It's very likely to speed up once the bulk of people have finished downloading - so I'd be very surprised if it's more than a few hours for most people. I've contacted our CDN to ask for more provisioning - hopefully they're able to add more servers quickly.
"
harvest wrote:
Downloading patch is very slow. What if I restart tomorrow: Will I have to go from the beginning ?

It resumes from where you left off each time (just starts at 0% of what remains, but the total goes down).
If someone who has finished downloading the patch would like to create a torrent, it's safe for other people to download it providing it only contains Content.ggpk (the patcher will correct any files that may have been maliciously modified). (Do not download any torrents that contain Client.exe)

I'm happy to update the original post with the link to such a torrent if someone is able to create one. We can't do it from our office connection in New Zealand or our production servers. Our CDN only supports http traffic.
Last edited by Chris on Aug 20, 2013, 7:30:21 PM
"
Zarbis wrote:
Don't you have actual version of the game to share via torrent, Chris?

I have a copy of the game, but our office in NZ doesn't have a connection able to host it. Our online servers have a pile of HTTP bandwidth but can't host torrents.
Our CDN replies with "We are adding capacity to your cluster. We have already added 5 servers and we are adding 6 more while monitoring and load balancing the traffic. Traffic should normalize within next few minutes."
Last edited by Chris on Aug 20, 2013, 8:08:31 PM
"
glh5 wrote:
Torrent:

https://mega.co.nz/#!SYZFHB6T!RNe8xQ1DRtUcca3xT8otyzN_22xERlo8R8xoWxneJPg

Thanks, I'll add this to the original post.
I'm asking the CDN for even more servers.
Could someone with a slow download speed (while they're not on a VPN/tunnel) please PM me the results of this command? Our CDN has asked for the information so they can make it faster.

tracert patchcdn.pathofexile.com

Edit: Okay, thanks! I have lots of these now.
Last edited by Chris on Aug 20, 2013, 10:52:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info